Cryogenic Slumber Party

Everyone remembers that achievement. We had to complete Richtofen's Grand Scheme on the moon. However, a lot of people wondered what it really meant. Are our characters sleeping in their cryostasis? Not right now, because not even Maxis can locate his daughter. This would be simple if she was just "sleeping" on the moon.

No, this "cryogenic" slumber party isn't going to happen...because it already did.

Hear me out. In the trailer, we saw our O4 in a youthful state. Yet, they aren't as youthful as we would have first thought. They still look quite old, like late 20's or early 30's. Of course, this couldn't be the case timewise because that would make them in their 60's or 70's during the events of WaW. So, how do we explain that? Simple. We just take out the factor of time. And how do we do that?

Cryostasis.

Now, I'm not usually the one for theories, but this is what I have. (I will be talking as if this is what is happening/going to happen. It is NOT confirmed.) Judging from the letters and images, Maxis appears to have a large role in this map. Perhaps, at the time, he was younger, maybe in his teens. Anyway, he (the "Doctor") was doing research in France during WW1. Makes sense; he helped his German comrades during WWII as we know. However, when his faithful assistant Richtofen appeared to help him, all hell broke loose. His mechanical giant escaped and went rampant. Luckily, with the help of the other three soldiers that appeared from other nations at the wish of their superiors, the giant was taken down.

Maxis found these four soldiers quite formidable, so he concocted a plan. He had Richtofen and the other soldiers put into cryostasis for the future, in case he needed a plan B. Of course, his faithful assistant was fine with this, but the other three? Probably not. Hence the need for the memory wipe. Anyway, after these events, he ships them off to Der Riese, the area in which he created the mechanical giant.

Flash forward to the future. Maxis' Der Riese facility was in full force due to the request of Nazi Germany. He is quite older now, so he needs assistance. Who better than good ole Richtofen, the man who aided him in World War 1? He unfreezes him, and they are set to work. After the discovery of the effects of 115, Richtofen himself unfroze his three unconventional allies for his super-soldier tests. Unfortunately, during this time, Dempsey's cryostasis chamber was lost/taken by the Americans, so he had to "replace" him with the unknown Mexican. During these tests, the men aged more, not by much, but enough to be noticeable.

But yes, that is basically my theory. It most likely has a lot of holes in it, but I'm sure you all got the main idea for it.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maxis would freeze Richtofen, Dempsey, Takeo, and Nikolai because he thinks they are badasses per say , I wonder what it would take to convince maxis of this, what is the catalyst ? Could Reznov play a role in this scenario it being around the same time of WW1??

I doubt it. Reznov was 4 at the time of this map. He was a major character in World War Two, not One.

Where are you guys getting these OLD ages? From 1917 to 1939 (WW2), that's 22 years.. If they were say 25 in Origins (could be younger, most join the military at 18), that 47 during WaW.. VERY possible.. Especially after Richtofen's 'modifications' to them, and perhaps even himself. Not 60 or 70..

On topic, I don't agree, I think it's simple Samantha suspended in Aether (cryogenic), dead to the world (asleep).. Nothing more. Just me.

Maxis would freeze Richtofen, Dempsey, Takeo, and Nikolai because he thinks they are badasses per say , I wonder what it would take to convince maxis of this, what is the catalyst ? Could Reznov play a role in this scenario it being around the same time of WW1??

No Campaign character will be in this map.

Reznov is a very young boy during the events, possibly 3 or 4. He's most likely in Russia with his mother waiting for his dad to return from combat.