Any Kingdom Hearts Fans?

Ehjookayted

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I rather have a cool cutscene than a demo to be honest. 

What about a cool demo WITH multiple cutscenes? Like Ground Zeroes or Episode Duscae.

Naaaaah

I think my soul would not be able to handle waiting for the full game after getting a small taste of KH III, you know?

Just a cool cutscene and nothing else, please. 

@Lenne @ZombieOfTheDead

GUYSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dream Drop Distance HD! Was gonna buy it on 3DS, but I'll just get this!

X (chi right?) is in too! I'm guessing that will be story cutscenes?

And BBS A Fragmentary Passage looks like a playable Aqua chapter on the KH3 engine!

Hype is real guys.

EDIT: What does this mean for 2.9 I wonder? Since AFP looks like it's on the KH3 engine, this would surely have the Attraction Flow thing they were talking about right?

11904740_1632736277006867_60984376172644

"Kept you waiting, huh?"

Double post, but had to because of this, lol. Also, the X Back Cover thing is pretty much completely new shit. It's telling the story of X from the foretellers' perspectives, and supposedly it'll be made in the KH3 engine just like BBS.2, so we have a lot to look forward to in this. The bad news is... for the time being the game is $60. I think that's just a placeholder, but don't get your hopes up for $40 like the past 2 remixes. 

http://kh13.com/news/new-interview-with-tetsuya-nomura-detailing-kingdom-hearts-hd-28-final-chapter-prologue

Interesting read. Most important reveal is that 0.2 was meant to be in KHIII but because there is so much content filling up in it, they decided to put it in 2.8. So basically, it was gonna be like Roxas' parts in KH2 except with Aqua in the RoD.

Also I like how they're saying 3D is more a remake than a remaster since they have to put two screens into one.

• Moderators

http://kh13.com/news/new-interview-with-tetsuya-nomura-detailing-kingdom-hearts-hd-28-final-chapter-prologue

Interesting read. Most important reveal is that 0.2 was meant to be in KHIII but because there is so much content filling up in it, they decided to put it in 2.8. So basically, it was gonna be like Roxas' parts in KH2 except with Aqua in the RoD.

Also I like how they're saying 3D is more a remake than a remaster since they have to put two screens into one.

I like the sound of that very much.

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm up to Atlantica in KH2. Oh dear. Why did they have to put Curaga for this world. Hearing Donald sing is horrifying/hilarious.

I also just bought a PS4 finally, so I'm ready for 2.8 now.

Also, has anyone noticed in Timeless River that Pete is modern while Sora, Donald and Goofy are classic looking? I know its mainly for gameplay purposes just so we can tell both Pete's apart, but can't really think of story reasons except for a Xion type situation where he does look classic to the characters (hence why they confuse both, although Sora can be pretty thick), but looks like his normal KH self to the player.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so if you all didn't know, D23 in japan was last night. Here's a bit of info to last you guys for a bit:

--We're getting both a 2.8 and 3 trailer tonight at midnight CST (don't know what you guys' timezones would be). I don't know why they didn't just release them straight after the event, but oh well.
--2.8 trailer features gameplay from BBS0.2, and voiceovers from Back Cover
--Nobodies are back in 3, and one is based of Marluxia
--New attraction flow based off Buzz Lightyear. Toy Story world confirmed?
--No new worlds were show, but again Toy Story could be a thing
--Chess game between Eraqus and Xehanort is shown in full
--Lots of gameplay is shown
--The ending sounds amazing. Sora, Riku, Kairi, Terra, Aqua, Ven, Roxas, Lea, Namine, and (maybe) Xion make an appearance together. Apparently Lea says something, too.
--There was some stuff exclusive to the event
--No release date announced for 3 OR 2.8.

Tune in at that that time if you're able, I'll be posting the videos unless one of you gets to it first.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally started BBS. It was odd at first but I'm really liking the whole battle system. I just completed Terra's story and I felt bad for him. Gonna do Ventus next.

I REALLY loved the Spirit of the Mirror fight. That was really unique and surprised they did that on the PSP. Also cool thing I noticed, one of the sounds when Terra gets teleported in and out of the mirror is the same sound you get when you turn the power on in Ascension.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I enjoy Unchained X. Probably one of the better smartphone game's I've played. I guess I'll kinda break it down.

Presentation- 10/10

Seriously, this game looks beautiful. I love the storybook style it's got going on, and as usual the music fits perfectly. It feels like a Kingdom hearts game. I also love that in this story I can create my character. I don't usually like that in video games just because of how it affects the narrative in a poor way, but in this case it's kind of nice. It fits perfectly, and I love that they give you a ton of options for your avatar

Gameplay- 7/10

The only reason it's at a 7 is for how repetitive it can get. This is not a play in one go kind of game, it really can get tedious. With that being said, I do like the style of combat, and the medal system, even if it can be difficult to get good medals. I do wish worlds were a bit more explorable in a regular way. The best I can describe this game is that it's a mix of 358/2 days and Chain of Memories, having the mission design of days, and a card-esque system that CoM has. Fortunately, it mostly works for this game.

I also kinda like how it isn't easy to get good medals or high level keyblades. You have to really work for it. It kinda feels like your a lower ranked keyblade wielder.

Story- 8/10.

The only reason this game is an 8 as opposed to a 6 or 7 is because I know what happens later on. For the North American version, the missions stop at mission 200, and there's very little actual story within that. It's 90% disney, and barely anything even happens within those worlds. We do get some cool tidbits about Chirithy and it's origin, and the state of the world at that point is interesting, but there's not enough at the current moment. Most of the cool stuff you get about the 100 mission mark. That's a LOOOOONG way away, and it's just gonna get longer as we get more missions. Luckily, I KNOW it's gonna get a lot more interesting from here on out. It just takes forever to get there

Final thoughts- 8/10

It's a solid game so far, even if it's on phones as opposed to consoles. I appreciate getting this, as it's really sating my appetite for more KH until E3. I'd actually probably recommend this to non-fans as well. I can't wait for the next story update as we speak.

Archived