Paralyzer - how to fire and keep overheat low?

yourmapper

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Fire it like you are shooting a fal or a m14 or smr. Where you just shoot it in bursts. This gives the same effect and kill zombies just a little slower.

This.

The gun tallies how much energy is used for however long you hold down the trigger. You can yield a larger effect with 5 bursts than you would if you held it down for five seconds. When the Paralyzer is Pack-a-Punched, the damage is greatly increased so there's almost a 1/2 split.

If not, you can just use it for 2-3 seconds and shoot (or the opposite).

You should spend more time on the trigger release than the trigger pull..

I sat in the bottom of the court house with it til 60 last night.. When it hit 70 or so on the indicator, I'd hop in the green mist til it hit 25-30, then hop out and rock and roll again. I killed myself on round 60, probably could have went on forever it seemed.

Another thing to be aware of is the fact that unlike the Jetgun, you do NOT have to have the weapon out for it to cool down. You can switch to your other weapon and kill a horde and then switch back to the cooled down Paralyzer/ Petrifier.

Also, the Vulture Aid ammo drops cool it down too. each one seems to take anywhere from 1-7 seconds off of the counter.