Conquering Die Rise

Mr. Jay

The easiest map to date is also the toughest map. Die Rise offers many great camping/training spots, the best wonder weapon for high rounds, and the best group of wall weapons. Like many things in life, Die Rise also lies a hidden catch; damn near impossible to recover from a down.

No matter where you go down, co-op or solo, your chance of getting jug back and back to your spot is much more improbable than hitting the lottery and scoring with Jessica Simpson. Jug will always spawn in building 2, where there is no room to maneuver away from danger. The only remedy is the who's who/QR tag team. Many recent games in which I go down after down because inaccessible to jug. Frustration mounts because Die Rise is by far the easiest map EVER.

Anyone with a good strategy on recovering from a down? I really really miss the days of Superhands simplifying everything for us. We do have guys like BSzombies and Lemonade doing simple guides, so let's hear what the experts have to say about conquering Die Rise.

Happy Sunday.

P.S. Anyone want to try 35+ with me on PS3??

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I'm not a strategist like the guys you've listed and I'm definitely not a slaying expert, but I've had a great deal of recovery experiences while playing this mode (still on my top favorite to play on). Where you go down is such a vital element in predicting whether or not you will survive long enough to reclaim your previous status.

Because you'll be alone, you need to plan things a bit ahead of time. Nothing before you start the game, but just enough to the point where you know how to escape if things go down the toilet. You can't leave a crawler if you aren't prepared to even reach that far down into the round. Every specific spot and style of slaying has its own advantages and flaws.

Buddha Room

The most common area to train given its large area and double floor fixtures, but difficult to recover from when your perks are gone. One way I get out of this sticky situation is by going up the ramp (where the teddy bear is), slowly walk across the platform, and drop down without jumping. Rather than working your way in a open circle, go up the broken ramp slowly and jump towards the left. There is no need to run since you want to control the flow of your zombies.

Doing this allows you to keep a simple train of zombies. Now you have an opportune moment to take down the horde. But why not go for some perks when you have the chance? It's simple - you don't know when the elevators are coming up or down, so you're risking valuable time and possibly your whole game.

Solo: Having a Trample Steam set up where the beginning drop off area is will help you avoid a nasty drop into a crowd of zombies tenfold. You can also place this near any other zombie spawn, but I like to put it in that awkward hallway so I don't need to come face to face with a nasty zombie.

Co-op: Keep one person training with the same pattern minus going up the larger ramp. The way you decide to set up a formation depends on how your team decides to execute the plan. If someone goes down, have them come up the ramp to safety while another person takes control of the train.

Tip: If you decide to risk looking for Juggernog, keep your Trample Steam. After leaving the Buddha area and jumping to the second floor of the next building, place a Trample Steam in the direction of the ramp. I would usually advise doing this when there's not too many zombies left so you don't risk your trap being destroyed; crawlers still count as entities so you can have half your crowd full of crawlers and the other half runners.

Now drop to the first floor and run through the hallways glancing for open elevators. Do they have perk machines ready? If not, then go upstairs and do the same with the power room. Juggernog generally is within one of the two elevators, so there's no need to check the ones in the far tight corners (like the Remington area), though you may find Pack-a-Punch or Double Tap II. If none of the elevators were right when you ran through them, jump onto your Trample Steam and redo your strategy.

The Ak74-u lies on the top level of the building's 'porch' so you will definitely have an opportunity to grab some ammo.

Upside-Down Hotel Room

Right after passing the first Mystery Box spawn location (when first going into the upside-down building), there's a rather open area that even allows you to go down another floor. I like running this area in particular because I have instant access to the elevator shaft if things go sour and a long-shot towards the rooftops if I am in need of Juggernog asap.

[i'd advise that you place a Trample Steam facing the open area of the floor beneath the rooftops where the lone elevator resides in the corner. Make sure that its placement is as far to the edge as possible so zombies don't begin attacking it and you prevent yourself from running into it.]

Once you go down, you have two options: make your way towards the elevator shaft and attempt to train in the Buddha Room, or flop your way to the rooftops using your Trample Steam. At this point, you should know whether that lone elevator holds Juggernog or not.

Solo: This approach is better because you won't need to fret about incoming zombies from in front of you. Once you reach the sweatshop, you will have the necessary perk machines all in one building. If you feel insecure or don't see the right machines on your trip, work your way to the rooftops. Still no perk machines in sight? Go towards the Trample Steam room, [grab Quick Revive or Who's Who/Speed Cola if necessary], and drop down into the cushions.

When doing this strategy, I love having an upgraded B23R. It's a good secondary weapon for getting out of sticky situations and you'll usually have ammo for it whenever you need it. The same also applies to the MP5 in the sweatshop.

Co-op: I would not advise having your whole team in this general area. This is mainly a Solo advantage. If you choose to run this with teammates, you will at least have some backup on the rooftops (slayers love to be in that area) and can tell you whether or not a certain perk machine has arrived.

Tip: Because you have such a long way to travel, it's a good idea to keep your sprinting to a minimum. This will prevent zombies from spawning in front of you. At the same time, it will force conga lines to occur. This is where having a secondary weapon comes in handy.

Dragon Rooftops

This area is deadly when alone, and is a real pain in the ass because of how its formatted. This spot is a designated camping area with more than two people. Of course, it does have its advantages.

+ Main perk machines (Juggernog, Double Tap II, or even the Pack-a-Punch Machine) reside here

+ MP5 is only a short way down, and can offer some assistance when equipped with Double Tap II

+ Unlimited semtex = chance to create crawlers upon impact

+ Escape to another building

Many slayers will also utilize the sweatshop floor (right below the rooftops) as a great training/camping area. Whichever option you choose to survive in depends on how you play the game.

Solo: You won't stay on the rooftops forever. Once the hoard becomes too much for you to handle, make your way down below and open up the doors that are close to the middle. What you've just created is a circle (well, square really) that enables you to train slowly but efficiently. The MP5 comes in handy big time since you may come face-to-face with a couple of zombies.

The great thing about this path is that you will have the perk machines almost always ready for you. An elevator can take anywhere from 1-4 minutes to reach every floor, including the rooftops. If you feel overcrowded here, you can access the rooftops once more and either jump from the semtex area, the Trample Steam room, or even down a floor near the lone elevator in the corner (the lone elevator risks you opening an unnecessary door, but isn't a large implication on your training).

Co-op: Simple strategy is simple. On the rooftops, nest yourself far back under the rampway until either a teammate offers to cover you when your elevator comes up or hold off until the end of the round. Should disaster strike and the rooftop proves to be a pain for everyone, evacuate towards the sweatshops.

Here, make sure that only half the doors are open. There is a sweet spot where a room that is directly half of the entire floor. This area is called the half-point, and should have one door on its left side. As long as it remains closed, zombies can only comes from the lone barrier behind the group and in the front. When downed, there is an elevator on your left-hand side in a different room that may hold Juggernog. If it doesn't, it will be a little further ahead. Again, this is a great clutch area for your teammates to cover while you rack up enough points.

Tip: Do not fear going downed in this area. You will encounter a situation where you are stuck. If you don't feel safe in the sweatshop, abandon the area. This is mainly a camping area, but indeed offers a chance to train for some time while there's Juggernog around. If you can hold off for just a few minutes, you'll have your perks before the five minutes is up.

There's more areas that can go into further explanation, but the general concept still follows since each of these areas all connect to one another in some aspect.

Thank you for your input, mostly good points for surviving the map.

It somewhat bothers me that strategy and gameplay generate little, if any attentions anymore. A phase long attracted my attention to this place, lately an empty mansion that once was, and once so proud.

It somewhat bothers me that strategy and gameplay generate little, if any attentions anymore. A phase long attracted my attention to this place, lately an empty mansion that once was, and once so proud.

My friend,I love love love strategy!!!and I love this discusiion!ill be reading it in just a few after i shower :lol: Personally,on solo one down usually ends die rise for me :? :lol:

My friend,I love love love strategy!!!and I love this discusiion!ill be reading it in just a few after i shower :lol: Personally,on solo one down usually ends die rise for me :? :lol:

Exactly how I feel.

I tend to use BSZombie's Trample Steam Strategy.

viewtopic.php?f=148&t=30155

It tends to work for me, however sometimes I'll get caught on my way back. So depending on where Juggernog has spawned depends on where I place the TS. If it is at the stairs, I'll leave it where BSZ has described it. If it is at the other spawns (Corner, or Power Room Elevators), I place the TS by the ledge where you run, so it will launch you to the Corner Elevator. Easy Jug access. Of course if it isn't there and you're in Who's Who, you'll just have to make do. You tend to get there alright though. But if Who's Who runs out, or if you used Quick Revive, than you can just keep running laps till you get what you need.

Exactly how I feel.

well,u should PM me,has a good die rise guide been made yet?maybe WE could write one! :)