Quick Summary of Maxis and Richtofen goals

This started as a response on another thread, but eventually got a bit long, so I decided to post it real quick. This is just a quick little sum up of the ultimate goals of Richtofen and Maxis. There still seems to be a lot of questions about, so I thought I mind as well make a thread. Plus, it helps when I put things on paper sometimes. Nothing special with this thread, just a short little discussion. Enjoy.

Richtofen's goal was to gain the full power he needs to reenter a physical body while still maintaining control of the Aether, allowing him to live in the world he rules over.

He gained control of the undead when taking place with Samantha, but he did not have the full power yet to control more than that within the Aether. “Vital energy flows through all things, living or dead. My power to manipulate these forces is fragile, and limited. That is why I need your help.” He could not do this until the three towers around the globe were powered and activated.

Upon activating the towers in Buried, the vital energy around the world is transmitted into the Aether and into Richtofen's soul, giving him total control of the realm.

"Finally, I am in control! The Aether is mine to manipulate as I wish! The world is now my own personal play thing!"

So why get all this extra power to manipulate these things? Well what's a world to rule over if you can't live in it. And that's why Richtofen needed full control. He needed the ability to enter any physical body at will, while still maintain control of the Aether. Richtofen not only controls Earth, but Aether as well. He is truly now an unstoppable force.

At the end of the Buried Easter Egg on Richtofen's side (if you activate the three Richtofen towers), Richtofen gains full control of the Aether. He then jumps into Samuel's body and reenters the physical world. However, when he reenters Samuel's body he finds it hard to control it as Samuel's soul struggles to fight Richtofen's. Richtofen decideds to let Samuel be for awhile, and reenters the Aether.

What happens in DLC4 in Richtofen's New World Order, I'm not sure. Could we end up fighting Samuel aka Richtofen? Does Richtofen rebuild the world into his own personal playpen? I don't know, but expect to see spleens.

Maxis' goal was to obtain the same energy Richtofen is after, but in an attempt to use the power to reveal and open the gateway to Agartha, in search of his daughter Samantha.

When we first pick up with the new crew in Tranzit, Maxis power is limited within the Aether. He is much like Gersch in that he's stuck in Aether, with limited to no power. But unlike Gersch, he doesn't want to just escape, he wants the full control that Richtofen is seeking. Both are after this full rule over the Aether's energy, but Maxis wants it to reach Agartha to save Samantha. As opposed to Richtofen using it to enter a physical body while in control of Aether so he could live in the world he controls.

He obtains this energy the same way Richtofen does, through the powered and activated towers across the globes. This is why we were forced to choose a side during the maps, this vital life energy could only be controlled by one side. Once we activate his Easter Egg ending on Buried, the process of switching the controller of the zombies occurs, and Maxis takes Richtofen's spot. Richtofen still resides within Aether, but has now lost control.

Maxis regretfully informs the player that Earth and it's people will be destroyed in the blast, however it is not revealed why or how exactly the Earth will be affected by the gateway being opened.

Will we open the gateway to Agartha and find Samtofen within it's realm? Richtofen states he does not know what ultimately happened with her, and suggests she may still be in Richtofen's physical body somewhere in Agartha. Could our old friends Tank, Tak, and Nikolai be in Agartha as well awaiting us. I'd like to hope so.

The latest Maxis journal entry (which btw was not during Der Riese, but after Maxis was betrayed) helps reaffirm the goal he stated at the end of Buried.

We also know this journal entry was after Der Riese, as Maxis states his daughter is in "the realm beyond" meaning they've already been betrayed by Richtofen and after Der Riese. My guess is that this was during his time in a "wretched tunnel" after being betrayed. I'm considering that this tunnel very well may have been one of the tunnels in Buried, and Maxis may have spent time here developing a plan (Time Bomb even)that could reverse the events. Just something I've brainstormed since DLC3's release.

There's still a lot of stuff to add in between and plenty of quotes to go along with this, but I'm just adding them into the second part of my Zombies Saga thread. I just wanted to go over the quick summary of events of what's happening.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As always, your love for the overall storyline is unmatched. Your knowledge, your passion, your demeanor and your contributions are royalty, borderline sainthood.

Sadly not many true story guys left to full appreciate, fully comprehend, fully applaud your brilliance.

To those who truely understand the o stoned shooter, lets nominate him the Prince of CODZ.

Love it. This hypothesis sounds much more plausible than the whole maxis is Brock and was trapped in the tunnels (Shangri la), idea that's been posted. Would also explain how maxis was able to design the paralyzer and time bomb and also lends some credence to fated titan's hypothesis of Leroy being a successful 115 test soldier.

• Administrators

Very keen connections are being made here, all of which are vividly making sense. I like the quick point A to point B sentences to show what the goals were at the beginning of Black Ops II. It really is difficult to not follow through with this easily and see what could happen in the next DLC, or at least what may occur as a result of these scenarios.

+1, friendo.