The run around (nav card talk)

Hey everyone, as I sit here watching and reading all the info on Buried, I had a sudden thought that I had to share and see what you people have to say on the subject. There will be a spoiler about the nav cards in case anyone has the will power to hold off until ps3 releases the map.

So, we all know by now that Tranzit's nav card fits in Die Rise's table, that makes sense right? Richtofen sends us from Tranzit to Die Rise. Now, why would we have to backtrack all the way across the globe just to insert Buried's nav card? Better yet, HOW the hell did we get back there?

I am aware of the completion of the easter egg, but I do not know them step for step. Do the nav cards HAVE to be inserted before Buried easter egg is completed?

With no mention in the story, other than Marleton and Misty talking about Tranzit's town in Buried's intro, why are we accepting that in the midst of us moving forward in the story, we get to return to Tranzit?

It is something that is bothering me so I thought I would throw it out there for discussion.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With that being said has anyone that completed the EE on all maps and inserted nav cards in all tables tried to switch sides? As in going back to tranzit and trying to reverse the steps they made to try and "change" the outcome. Just a thought I have had (I am a PS3 player also) I think OP has a point. Why would you go to tranzit to link the 3 maps and it have a visual representation of the easter egg you completed on each map?

It was said that before the entire endgame idea, the NAVcards had a purpose that wasn't really for storyline. When you linked the tables, you would unlock some new gamemode accessible from the main menu, but they nixed that idea and went with this.

Basically, the NAVcards weren't supposed to be in for storyline, but for gameplay purposes, like the HUD. We could make up however they linked these tables, but the reason back in TranZit's days was for a new gamemode.

It was said that before the entire endgame idea, the NAVcards had a purpose that wasn't really for storyline. When you linked the tables, you would unlock some new gamemode accessible from the main menu, but they nixed that idea and went with this.

Basically, the NAVcards weren't supposed to be in for storyline, but for gameplay purposes, like the HUD. We could make up however they linked these tables, but the reason back in TranZit's days was for a new gamemode.

I believe on Tranzit, Maxis or Richtofen tells you to build the nav card table, but not to worry about what it does yet. I'm pretty sure it was Richtofen, so I would say it does play into the story line. I guess we'll have to settle for MMX's idea for now until the last DLC.

It is a fact that Rictofen can teleport them wherever he needs, so I guess he just shot Stu to the corn fields for enough time to insert it. Just so many questions though!

• 3 months later...

Okay so the last dlc is out and yet many of us still have no idea what the nav cards do.... help guys??

The navcards are required to unlock one of two additional endings (so called Endgames) in Buried.

Once you've completed all the Easter Eggs (sidequests) for either Maxis or Richtofen on the maps TranZit, Die Rise and Buried - insert the three navcards in their designated navcard table (I believe the one in TranZit goes in Die Rise, the one in Die Rise goes in Buried and the Buried one goes back in TranZit -table).

Once you've done all that - depending on who you sided with (Maxis / Richtofen) - you'll receive a special 'ending' in Buried. Right after pushing a big red button located in the backroom of the Court House.

Note: all 4 players need to have done all the EEs + Navcards for the button to become accessible.

(You need 4 players)

Without spoiling, if you want to see the endings for yourself without going through all that trouble mentioned above,

look them up on Youtube "Buried [Maxis / Richtofen] Endgame".

Hope this cleared things up :)

- Heather