New persistent upgrade 6/28/13

Hey codz, I dont think I've ever had the pleasure to post something like this before. I noticed while playing die rise, this new green flash that I had never seen before. As far as I can tell it is triggered via the mysterybox somehow. Anyhow, here's a video shot from my crappy cell phone!

also do take notice of the quote Misty says. something about "should I stay and listen, or just keep figting?" instead of the usual "This could be useful" that persistent upgrades seem cause. I managed to get this once before (about 20 mins earlier) with Russman and he said something along the lines of "now I'm hearing voices like Stu."

rdjYpkZgqeo

and here's the link directly to it.

and here's the link to the place I'll be updating info on this, alongside here, for those interested.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you observe any rule at what point it appears?

--> Getting same gun 3 times

--> After 10 20 30 40 hits?

--> After x hits at a certain box location?

--> ...

Did it change anything? Power of the weapon, did the box stay longer at that one location, was it cheaper to hit the box, ...?

The lines the characters said could be the usual lines they say at getting guns.

There is already a thread on this somewhere. basically its been hypothesized that the flash results from you taking a sub-par weapon out of the box (i.e. RPG, DSR-50, SMR, Five-Seven etc.) and once the box moves, the box will have a teady bear on top of it, and it is subsequently hypothesized that while the box is in that location with the teddy bear over it, the probability for good weapons to come out of the box is increased.

Not sure if there is any definitive proof yet, but thats the most common thing i've seen.

as fas as losing the perk, i believe it is lost through the box changing locations again

PTG posted a video about this a little bit after I did calling it the toy box perma perk. Their guesses are as good as mine. At this point, but I do plan to give a shot towards removing some of the vagueness from how to get it, what it does, and how to lose it later tonight.

Tom, I didnt even know you were alive. It's good to see you.

to answer your question, no I didnt notice a pattern in receiving the upgrade, I got it on my 1st spin twice, third spin once, 5th spin once, and sometimes I didnt get it.

It creates a teddy bear that hovers over the box, however this bear isnt upside down in the initial box spawn on Die Rise, so it is easy to miss. How long the bear lasts, I dont know. I know PTG is wrong though. They say it is only at that box until the box moves, but I've had it both disappear before the box moves, and I've had it transfer to the new box location waiting patiently for me.

It wasnt cheaper, the guns seamed the same. ONE of the four times I managed to spin the box while the teddy bear was above it, it gave me absolutely nothing but handguns until the bear vanished. When it vanishes it does make the normal indicator sound. The other times I didnt get to use it in full as the box was in poor places, and I've been up all night so I'm worse than usual. which isnt pretty good to begin with.

It doesnt seem to stick around longer, but I'll have to keep a tally of that when I do more testing later.

Hope this helps someone.

and again PTG does have a video up showing some basic footage of the bear and their details on the perk. The details arent really specific, and the effect is based on an assumption in my opinion, but, it is the best thing out there right now, so it is probably worth a look if youre curious.

PTG posted a video about this a little bit after I did calling it the toy box perma perk. Their guesses are as good as mine. At this point, but I do plan to give a shot towards removing some of the vagueness from how to get it, what it does, and how to lose it later tonight.

Tom, I didnt even know you were alive. It's good to see you.

to answer your question, no I didnt notice a pattern in receiving the upgrade, I got it on my 1st spin twice, third spin once, 5th spin once, and sometimes I didnt get it.

It creates a teddy bear that hovers over the box, however this bear isnt upside down in the initial box spawn on Die Rise, so it is easy to miss. How long the bear lasts, I dont know. I know PTG is wrong though. They say it is only at that box until the box moves, but I've had it both disappear before the box moves, and I've had it transfer to the new box location waiting patiently for me.

It wasnt cheaper, the guns seamed the same. ONE of the four times I managed to spin the box while the teddy bear was above it, it gave me absolutely nothing but handguns until the bear vanished. When it vanishes it does make the normal indicator sound. The other times I didnt get to use it in full as the box was in poor places, and I've been up all night so I'm worse than usual. which isnt pretty good to begin with.

It doesnt seem to stick around longer, but I'll have to keep a tally of that when I do more testing later.

Hope this helps someone.

and again PTG does have a video up showing some basic footage of the bear and their details on the perk. The details arent really specific, and the effect is based on an assumption in my opinion, but, it is the best thing out there right now, so it is probably worth a look if youre curious.

Also haven't tested to confirm, but LiamFTWinter mentioned something about it making fire sales last longer... just some more food for thought as we explore it

Firesales longer? But no map with persistent upgrades has firesale...

I doubt that this one perma perk breaks that rule of only working with maps that have the N4. But it should still be tested.

I can confirm the bear does not vanish along with the box automatically. I just witnessed it transfer, and I can put up a video in a minute. I also will show that the bear will even transfer between games.

Still no clue on how EXACTLY to get it, or what it does. But I've confirmed that it doesnt just go away when the box does.

EDIT: Believe it or not, I'm actually having trouble getting rid of the bear. I dont know why he's staying but I need him to leave. Takes guns (tested up to 4 in a row) doesnt do it. Box moving doesnt do it, at least not always,. Not taking guns doesnt do it (tested up to 3 in a row). Leaving the area of the box doesnt (didnt think it would...). I'm confuzzled.

EDIT AGAIN: Here's the video showing the bear can transfer box locations, and that the box moving is not what causes you to lose it.

4rA3lPQwGnw

So I think I got the bear after two rolls in Die Rise. First was KAP 40, than I got the sparks at the M8A1.

Oddly enough, I am getting crap weapons. Ballistic Knife, RPG, than Monkeys?

Note this is at the boxes spawn in Die Rise. The teddy bear is appearing underneath the box if it was right side up, or sitting next to the cement bricks if that makes sense? I've heard it usually sits on top of the box, not underneath it.

Anyway, out of points, so will update as I go along.

EDIT: Box moved to before slide lol, can see the Teddy on top. Must be glitched at spawn, because it was upside down, but sitting underneath the box. But it was still "above" box, so they must've forgot to move lower or something. But yes, it is still at spawn nevertheless.

MTAR (grabbed), Galil (replaced M8A1 because I had Mule Kick), Ballistic Knife, Ballistic Knife.

EDIT2: Teddy disappeared sometime during the round, next weapon was a HAMR :|

I got the box one the other night. Someone said the got it from taking a sub par gun out if the box, but wasn't the case for me. I took a RPD and got it, or maybe Im dead wrong on guns. Lol. Now I was training in the tunnel on tranzit last night and shot a zombie in the chest and got a green flash. I know you can get head shot but it was mot even close to a head shot. I messed around and couldn't figure out what had changed. I was playing with randoms and they kept going down and it was round 29 so was a little hectic to focus.