Breaking Down Al's Art

As you can see PTG and NGT pieced together this image. After looking at it there are a few things that pop out to me.

The background is what had my attention. Thoughts began to race through my mind as it all started to come together.

We see these buildings in the background.

Now In the cut scene for Die Rise we see a building that has not be finished.

When we see this image..

"What do you mean "Mend The Rift?"

Here is a Review of a very interesting book I have been reading titled..

'HOW TO MEND THE SIENCE-RELIGION RIFT'

Dr. Kenneth B. Cragg

Adjunct Professor of Philosophy

Northampton Community College

Then the innovative genius of Darwin and the determined followers of Bishop Ussher and his "6000 year old earth" concept dash the tranquility setting the stage for the high drama of the 1925 Scopes Monkey Trial.

Using his skills as a man of faith, a trained scientist and gifted story teller Wright illustrates this highly significant narrative with scientific fact and supernatural mystery, rescuing them from the bombastic assertions of mislead human egos eager for status. Wright skillfully guides us to the sane conclusion that there are no bad guys.

Rather, when all is said and done, calm respect for each specialty - science and theology - gives us a healthy sense of scientific reality and spiritual wholeness. If we dare to look at all the evidence with dispassionate honesty the rift is healed and we are wiser people for having been involved in the struggle.

This is how I see it...

We first needed to struggle to gain the wisdom we need to move forward. This is what was needed to "Mend The Rift." Now that we have all been involved in the events at Alcatraz. We can take a Great Leap Forward into the present and move on with the future.

Just a few thoughts from me as we put together the pieces.

Thanks

-RequixEclipse

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the spot with the incomplete sketch of the building on Die Rise. Another thing that could possible like Arlington to being the artist behind the story.

I notice all the comments are critical mistakes, made by a Comic Book Publisher no doubt. Rather harsh with a few of them. lol.

Can't get anything from the comments. Was hoping there was something to Arlington getting this particular piece criticized, but nothing obvious stands out.

Surely there must be a reason for this artwork!?

Eitherway, love the post Requix... Keep them coming.

• Administrators

There was a comment not too long ago that the Editor could've been Al every time he repeated the cycle. This does not seem to be the case at this point if Al knew the Editor prior to Alcatraz.

The buildings shown in the image don't seem like to much at first because the common stereotype of a superhero is for them to reside/look after a bustling city filled with crime and such. Seeing buildings in the background don't come off too much of a surprise to me.

Calling the "rift" the events occurring in Mob of the Dead is a rather interesting idea, I must say. When you break the cycle, that would seem to do just the opposite of mending. This may be the key to determining who's side is done in Mob of the Dead.

Great analysis, friendo! I hope to see more details regarding this. :)

I shall update the OP today after some more research and a few more snapshots. The EDitor is someone im very interested in. I WILL figure out who he is. Mark my words. I WILL. :) Stay tuned for updates friends. We are on the verge of discovery and that is not heard often from this guy. ;)

There was a comment not too long ago that the Editor could've been Al every time he repeated the cycle.

I like this thought. Could Al be his OWN critic? Maybe he never approached anyone with them at all, and would write his own critical comments.

An artist is his own worst critic after all.

Hmm...

The 1st person I have been thinking about is George A. Romero. The Director, The Editor, and The Godfather of all Zombies.

The first Ghouls in Night of the Living Dead to Dawn of The Dead, Land of The Dead, and in our Call of Duty Zombies map. Call of The Dead.

Ghouls to Zombies

Perhaps his original creation was changed. Zombies wouldn't be what they are today without George A. Romero. He was the 'Worlds First' for Zombies.

hm, i'm not quite understanding what you're getting at.

Al's drawings were from Prohibition-era time, and the unfinished building from Die Rise is way in the future.

Now I'm not saying that we haven't had issues with time travel and paradox's before - but, how are you getting one from the other? All you say is, "we see building's in the background". Surely, just because it's a building doesn't mean that it's connected. Yes, they are both skyscrapers - but that can't be the *only* connection, Requix.

Again, I'm really not getting what you're trying to connect here. Sam says mend the rift, and looks down. He see's a destroyed building. It's not an unfinished building, I'm pretty sure it's destroyed. And somehow, this connects to Weasel drawing skyscrapers in the background of his comic?

The book review seems to just throw a bunch of big words and complex sentences at us.

Using his skills as a man of faith, a trained scientist and gifted story teller Wright illustrates this highly significant narrative with scientific fact and supernatural mystery, rescuing them from the bombastic assertions of mislead human egos eager for status. Wright skillfully guides us to the sane conclusion that there are no bad guys.

To me it sounds like this is more of a book about societal expectations & class.

We first needed to struggle to gain the wisdom we need to move forward. This is what was needed to "Mend The Rift." Now that we have all been involved in the events at Alcatraz. We can take a Great Leap Forward into the present and move on with the future.

Okay - but by using the information you presented with the book - wouldn't wisdom come last? "If we dare to look at all the evidence... we are wiser people for have been involved in the struggle". The key phrase is "all the evidence", does it really seem like Samuel, Misty, Russman, Marlton have all the evidence? They (with the exception of Samuel) don't have a clue.

Are you saying that "mending the rift" is the symbolic joining/knowledge of Science and Theology?

In the end - I feel as if this should be in the Die Rise section more so than the MotD section. You really don't break down much other than saying "there are buildings in the background of Al's art" - so maybe you could break down some more? or change the title?

I really find Al's art quite interesting, and I would love to hear more thoughts on the art itself rather then trying to connect it to something so complex. I'm not saying that none of this is valid at all, I'm just questioning to progress to further answers.

Im trying to say that we were taken to Alcatraz, because we havent experienced enough. We are unperpared for what lyes ahead. So I think this is the struggle we need to heal the rift and allow us to continue our quest. Sorry if its to farfetch to you.

I mention updating the OP to fill in some empty spaces. I do enjoy the questions you brought to the table and I want to answer them in the best way possible.

Im trying to say that we were taken to Alcatraz, because we havent experienced enough. We are unperpared for what lyes ahead. So I think this is the struggle we need to heal the rift and allow us to continue our quest. Sorry if its to farfetch to you.

My friend, NOTHING is too farfetched for me ;) I'm just a firm believer that in debate comes clarity. And that's exactly what you gave me... except I'm still not QUITE seeing how the book ties in (because it's seemingly centered around how wisdom comes from an understanding of theology and science - if anything, that reminds me of US HERE AT CODZ rather than in game characters lol - but I digress). Regardless, I'm interested to see what you're going to add :mrgreen:

Some things I find interesting about Al's art is that:

- the superhero has a sun on his chest. this probably is a reference to Icarus, and may well be why Al subconsciously named the plane "Icarus".

- the superhero is named "Icarus from Mars". This is extremely interesting because, according to Tac's theory, we've been on mars before with Shangri-La. Perhaps PERHAPS this ties into Shangri-La somehow.

- the drawing style in general reminds me of the ray gun (which to begin with seems straight out of a comic book). It's almost as if, we're in the subconscious of Al's mind. Have you ever seen Inception? If you die within a dream before you're supposed to wake up, you go to a sort of purgatory that is filled with the thoughts, memories, and subconscious of whoever last was there.

- the editor is overly critical. to the point where I almost wonder if he purposely trounced Al's work because he knew it was good - and knew that if it was his (the editors) he could make a fortune.

Keep up the great threads Requix. You're UOTM for a reason, and by jove, it shows.

except I'm still not QUITE seeing how the book ties in

I was using it to show how we can "Mend The Rift."

Science and Theology are very much apart of this game and it does provide some sort of answer. Thats what I am dying for. Answers! lol I thought this would maybe shed a light in the right direction. you know?

Science and Theology are very much apart of this game and it does provide some sort of answer. Thats what I am dying for. Answers! lol I thought this would maybe shed a light in the right direction. you know?

Right, but that kind of only applies to the title - y'know? I think "the rift" itself is still a mystery. It could mean so many things. and yeah, answers are the hardest thing to come across these days

What do you think "the rift" is? To me, it has that same vague-ness of "breaking the cycle". Perhaps, mending the rift in Die Rise is essentially continuing the cycle from Mob of the Dead? Their both caught in time-loops. We don't get any text confirmation at the end of the Die Rise EE like we do with MotD, but from the intro, it's apparent they are in a loop. But then, that opens up so many other questions - is the voice in Samuel's head the announcer from MotD? What significance does this cycle have in the bigger picture (i.e. O4)? I sometimes wish the dev's would just come out with a full narrative on what the hell is going on.

Right, but that kind of only applies to the title - y'know? I think "the rift" itself is still a mystery. It could mean so many things. and yeah, answers are the hardest thing to come across these days

What do you think "the rift" is? To me, it has that same vague-ness of "breaking the cycle". Perhaps, mending the rift in Die Rise is essentially continuing the cycle from Mob of the Dead? Their both caught in time-loops. We don't get any text confirmation at the end of the Die Rise EE like we do with MotD, but from the intro, it's apparent they are in a loop. But then, that opens up so many other questions - is the voice in Samuel's head the announcer from MotD? What significance does this cycle have in the bigger picture (i.e. O4)? I sometimes wish the dev's would just come out with a full narrative on what the hell is going on.

I think mending the rift is when some one makes amends with what has happend so that one can continue there future without regret.

Theres alot of different explanations lol

I wish there was a narritive so that topics like this would be easier for the community so that we all KNOW what is going on. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

. Sam says mend the rift, and looks down. He see's a destroyed building. It's not an unfinished building, I'm pretty sure it's destroyed. And somehow, this connects to Weasel drawing skyscrapers in the background of his comic?

Although I am a big advocate for discussion regarding this 'rift', I'm starting to see it differently. Instead of getting too deep into meanings and stretching our imaginations, perhaps 'mend the rift' simply means our N4 should not 'fall off the buildings'.

Weasel drawing skyscrapers is intriguing, but not enough evidence to directly tie him to our N4.

- the superhero has a sun on his chest. this probably is a reference to Icarus, and may well be why Al subconsciously named the plane "Icarus".

This is a paramount connection. We have strong examples of Al using Icarus as inspiration. It can easily be determined that Al is fascinated with Icarus and/or the story's morales.

For those unfamiliar with it, Icarus' story is about a son and father working as inventors of sorts. They fashion artificial wings made of wax and feathers and attempt to fly. Icarus flies too close to the Sun and the wax in his wings begins to melt. He dies as a result.

I now believe our entire story, from NDU to now, is following a similar morale. I believe our O4, namely Richtofen, and the scientists of Group 935 are playing the part of Icarus. Instead of inventing artificial wings, they're trying to reanimate the dead, create super soldiers, and develop teleportation. Perhaps the wax in our story is 115 and since 935's experiments rely so heavily on 115, just like Icarus relied on wax, our characters may be flying too close to the sun. The zombie outbreaks are a direct result of Group 935's meddling with forces they cannot comprehend, just as Icarus' death was a result of man trying to fly.

This would give our story a fitting morale: Don't mess with the natural order.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

- the superhero is named "Icarus from Mars". This is extremely interesting because, according to Tac's theory, we've been on mars before with Shangri-La. Perhaps PERHAPS this ties into Shangri-La somehow.

Blonde haired white male?! I think Aryan ;) No not really, but would be funny lol.

- the editor is overly critical. to the point where I almost wonder if he purposely trounced Al's work because he knew it was good - and knew that if it was his (the editors) he could make a fortune.

This part is very true, it reminds me of a quote section from the movie, Midnight in Paris, where an aspiring author asks Ernest Hemingway to read his novel. Gill would represent Al, and Hemingway is the Editor.

Gil: I would like you to read my novel and get your opinion.

Ernest Hemingway: I hate it.

Gil: You haven't even read it yet.

Ernest Hemingway: If it's bad, I'll hate it. If it's good, then I'll be envious and hate it even more. You don't want the opinion of another writer.

This is a paramount connection. We have strong examples of Al using Icarus as inspiration. It can easily be determined that Al is fascinated with Icarus and/or the story's morales.

For those unfamiliar with it, Icarus' story is about a son and father working as inventors of sorts. They fashion artificial wings made of wax and feathers and attempt to fly. Icarus flies too close to the Sun and the wax in his wings begins to melt. He dies as a result.

I now believe our entire story, from NDU to now, is following a similar morale. I believe our O4, namely Richtofen, and the scientists of Group 935 are playing the part of Icarus. Instead of inventing artificial wings, they're trying to reanimate the dead, create super soldiers, and develop teleportation. Perhaps the wax in our story is 115 and since 935's experiments rely so heavily on 115, just like Icarus relied on wax, our characters may be flying too close to the sun. The zombie outbreaks are a direct result of Group 935's meddling with forces they cannot comprehend, just as Icarus' death was a result of man trying to fly.

This would give our story a fitting morale: Don't mess with the natural order.

F***ing hitting the nail right on the head my friend! That is a damn good explanation my friend! I agree 100% and I cant express how much .. Ahhhhh yes!

• 2 months later...

My full time job to collect views and opinion from the lovers of this game and for this purpose I all time travel from one place to another place. No I am present in California and watch TV cartoon channel. I think if we can see PTG and NGT pieced together then we got those images. For that reason I want to watch this game but not I gain enough information about this game anyone guide me please.