Fastest Way to Get the Hells Retriever - Round 2

This is the fastest way to get to the hells retriever in which you can accomplish this on the 2nd round.

- Feed 5 zombies from the first room to the dog upstairs, don't shot the last zombie

- Go to the showers and turn on the washer to release 20 more zombies

- Get the 2x that is in the cell locked by the volt meter and knife only 8 zombies, don't shot them even if u get a max ammo (the more you shot the higher your chances of getting a nuke)

- Go to the infirmary through the cafe and knife 6 zombies to finish feeding the dog

- Open the door worth 1k points on the top of the infirmary that leads to electric cherry and the gondola

- Go to the docks via the gondola and feed the last 6 zombies to that dog (you might get a nuke so finish feeding the dog on round 2)

- Go back up the gondola, make your first right and drop down and open the other 2x that is locked in the cell

- Now you can shoot 8 times and knife until you reach 1,500 points to open the door by the warden's office to the catacombs.

- Enjoy your hells retriever on round 2

Here is the video which might help you out better. This is the fastest and can't be done any quicker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJdQUuZ45xY

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

actually I am working on a way to do it on round 1 right now lol. Don't say it can't be done faster. And there have been videos out since april about getting the retreiver by round 2. There just isn't any point in getting it this early because you can't even get the redeemer by round 12.

to get it on round 1 you need 7000 points. and you only have 25 kills to get those points. you have 500 points originally so you need 6500 points more. that means it would be 260 points per zombie. so either every kill would have to be with double points, which wouldn't be hard if the damn double points would be closer to the dogs.

The first 5 zombies can easily be killed with double points.

I can usually get 5 more with another double points while feeding a dog if I get a double points while feeding a zombie.

You also need a max ammo really bad. All the points you get from hitmarkers and double points will make up from zombies you don't get to slash with a knife.

also a max ammo will give you 4 more gernades. this is another 80 points + 40 points from the two starting gernades.

I write this out with spaces to clear it out in my mind. This is a super hard thing to do and the cod gods need to be with you. insta kills and nukes do not help at all.

you only need two afterlifes total to do this.

the first afterlife will turn on the shower door, double points, gondola, and the key

the second afterlife will turn on the washermachine and anything you don't have time to do in the first afterlife.

and you have 2 zombies that can be killed that don't need to be fed to the dogs. And you have a final zombie that can not be touched at all because if you kill him then it truly will not be on round 1.

• Administrators

I don't understand why people need the Hell's Retriever so early in the game. It can still OHK up past 10. If you really dislike Brutus, however, then it is an enormous plus to have on hand.

@BS: Getting it on Round 1 is by pure luck at this point. We're lucky that there's a Double Points drop in the spawn room. I understand that if you take the time to shoot the zombies numerous times before getting the headshot, you'll acquire another said drop within the round, yes? That would mean a secondary chance of an additional Double Points given that Brutus does not spawn in the showers.

I don't understand why people need the Hell's Retriever so early in the game. It can still OHK up past 10. If you really dislike Brutus, however, then it is an enormous plus to have on hand.

@BS: Getting it on Round 1 is by pure luck at this point. We're lucky that there's a Double Points drop in the spawn room. I understand that if you take the time to shoot the zombies numerous times before getting the headshot, you'll acquire another said drop within the round, yes? That would mean a secondary chance of an additional Double Points given that Brutus does not spawn in the showers.

Brutus will never spawn in the showers on round 1 solo. At least from my 30+ tries he hasn't. And yea its pure luck. It is kind of pointless also. But its a fun thing to do. Why do people get the M&S on round 1 on moon? why is there a bank on tranzit and get everything on round 1. why get the sliquifier/trample steam on round 1 in die rise.

I just like doing things the fastest possible. Nice speed runs.

But back to me writing some tips down for myself:

I was very close to getting it, about 850 points off, heres what I did wrong

One of the first 5 zombies I shot 1 to many times and wasn't able to slash him taking away about 150 points.

I wasn't able to get a max ammo till I was at the docks and by then I can't use all of my ammo taking away about 200-300 points.

I was only able to get 1 kill from the double points inside the jail cell by mp5 since I picked it up to early while the zombies were spawning in taking away about 130-260 points.

During my gondola ride up to the cell block I mindlessly threw away 80 points (my 4 gernades from the max ammo) into the abyss.

if you don't go down you will still have an afterlife at the end of this. You can use this afterlife to open up the double points by the wardens office (not adjacent to it, but across the cell hallway) Try to save the 2-3 zombies that you have left till the end and use the double points on these zombies if possible.

You need at least one double points and one max ammo. Try to knife the zombies and back up at the same time. by doing this you can avoid nukes 75% of the time.

demoteed to my knife rank after about 40 games of restarting games that don't go past round 2 and for the most part stay on round 1. But I still think its possible and I will try this later. Its just something you have to get extremely lucky to do so it isn't feasible to happen. I honestly get the retriever on round 3 anyways because it gives a low amount of points and since you can't get to the redeemer till round 12, I feel there is no point in doing this unless you are trying to do a speed run.

Pretty neat but one question, how do you KNOW that shooting produces a higher nuke drop rate? I think that's pretty much an opinion as I usually get them from knifing on instakills, rarely do I see nukes. Would love a link to any powerup threads that are based on fact.

A hells retriever on round 2 is insane, props for sure.

Pretty neat but one question, how do you KNOW that shooting produces a higher nuke drop rate? I think that's pretty much an opinion as I usually get them from knifing on instakills, rarely do I see nukes. Would love a link to any powerup threads that are based on fact.

A hells retriever on round 2 is insane, props for sure.

Drops are point based, and you get your first drop at roughly 2500 points. With this in mind, would it be better to just fire 2 shots to the head or knife? Knifing = Unlimited kills but 130 per kill, and Shooting = (I think 90 or 100?) per kill. But this means you are going to have less points, which are needed to open the doors.

EDIT: I forgot to say great job on this guide. It's very helpful if you want to get the Redeemer safely, and you won't have to worry about wasting money on guns in the low rounds. Instead, you can open as many doors as your heart desires.