Window perma perk other than Iron boards?

A friend told me if you get a carpenter, and can kill a zombie that's in a window as it's being boarded by the power up, then that person will get iron board carpenters until someone else gets one and makes them wood again.

The thing is, I can't even test to see if it's legit because it's so damn hard! Either zombies come through the windows that haven't been boarded or they board up and THEN a zombie will come up to it. Apparently they need to be stepping through the window in order for it to work.

I almost don't believe it and I'm only posting it here for the hopes that it's been tested somewhere before, or someone CAN test it now and get back to me. Doesn't even seem worth it if it's legit being it's so tough to time.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is proven. I've only gotten it a couple times out of oh, I don't know, hundreds of play-throughs? So, yes, it's difficult and not really worth it.

The best way to get it is to camp two players near windows, the sweatshop works well. When a Carpenter drops, wait until you have a Zombie behind a window, grab the power-up while aiming down the sights at the Zombie and fire. It helps if you have a powerful weapon too because the Zombie has to die before the barrier is completely rebuilt.

I also think you lose this if you fail to kill a zombie behind a window the next time you grab the power-up, so for only two Iron Carpenters after all that work, it seems stupid to ever try for it again. Standard Iron boards are easier to achieve and easier to keep.

It is proven. I've only gotten it a couple times out of oh, I don't know, hundreds of play-throughs? So, yes, it's difficult and not really worth it.

The best way to get it is to camp two players near windows, the sweatshop works well. When a Carpenter drops, wait until you have a Zombie behind a window, grab the power-up while aiming down the sights at the Zombie and fire. It helps if you have a powerful weapon too because the Zombie has to die before the barrier is completely rebuilt.

I also think you lose this if you fail to kill a zombie behind a window the next time you grab the power-up, so for only two Iron Carpenters after all that work, it seems stupid to ever try for it again. Standard Iron boards are easier to achieve and easier to keep.

You get the perk if you kill a zombie behind a barrier before getting the 200 points.

It can be done on an already boarded up window. Imo works best on top of the buddha room with the svu, there's a window right in front of you, just spam the trigger

Yes, its usefulness isn't very great. The thing with Persistent Upgrades is that you need to get used to losing them. If you worry all the time about keeping them, the game isn't going to be any fun. It's just unrealistic to think you'll always be able to keep any of them. Try, sure. But if you fail, it isn't the end of the world. That already happened. ;)

I used to make sure I always had the "perma" jug and revive, now I never do. Not that I care about down, I just care more about accurate stats, I have a hundred or so downs from just wanting persistant revive, just to lose it because someone wants to look around while I try to revive lol.

I just pretend they don't exist.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to make sure I always had the "perma" jug and revive, now I never do. Not that I care about down, I just care more about accurate stats, I have a hundred or so downs from just wanting persistant revive, just to lose it because someone wants to look around while I try to revive lol.

I just pretend they don't exist.

If you use a guest account to get perm revive, no downs should be added to your account.

Funnily enough, I've kept my perm revive for almost 4 months now. Guess i'm just lucky :lol: Although perm jugg is too easy to lose. I've accrued a lot of downs from getting that perk numerous times.

I just take them as they come. I don't go out of my way to get them.

A couple things with the carpenter one though. It's pretty useful on Die rise when you're holding down the roof with 4 people. Mainly for the window to the left of the stairs that come up to the roof. I usually sit back there and the iron board help control the area.

-You have to be the one to grab the carpenter and kill the zombie

-When the perk drops, don't grab it right way, look around for a zombie behind a window.. throw a couple boards up to keep him in there if need be, grab the perk then kill the zombie.

-rinse and repeat

I've had games where I've gotten this perk upgrade almost every time a carpenter dropped. Just taking my time to locate a zombie before grabbing it. Since I generally hold down by that window it tends to come easier. Obviously a lot harder in higher levels when everything's so hectic but it can be done.