Brutus Quote

I was on the Golden Gate Bridge and while I was shooting him he said "You can't escape your fate!"

After I killed him I heard him say "I will be reborn again!"

Could this have to do somethin with our story? I have game play of it and I will upload it if you want to see it.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I was on the Golden Gate Bridge and while I was shooting him he said "You can't escape your fate!"

After I killed him I heard him say "I will be reborn again!"

Could this have to do somethin with our story? I have game play of it and I will upload it if you want to see it.

I thought it reflected him respawning as himself a few rounds later every time?

Well in Die Rise maxis says "Reincarnation is key."

To be reincarnated is to be born again into a new life.

Maybe it's not simply meaning he will spawn a later round.

Also I will have video up of the picture I saw in the wardens office. There is a picture of the tower of babble.

• Administrators

No. Why would we ever see Brutus again? He's a completely unimportant character and it's obvious that all he meant was that he'd be respawning within a couple of rounds... nothing more.

I think that Requix means that his entity will reincarnate as somebody/something else later down the line. That is why he mentioned "reincarnation is key" from Die Rise [by the way, that quote was only meant for Die Rise and nothing more].

I just thought maybe his soul would move on sorry for saying any thing. Seems lately my thoughts and theory's have been wrong.

But answer why the tower of babble picture there. Why is there a girl on the poster board or what looks like a girl in the wardens room?

You don't have to ill just assume it has nothing to do with any thing.

Also I will have video up of the picture I saw in the wardens office. There is a picture of the tower of babble.

No. Why would we ever see Brutus again? He's a completely unimportant character and it's obvious that all he meant was that he'd be respawning within a couple of rounds... nothing more.

He's not a completely unimportant character. He's vital for the EE as he reveals to the characters the numbers they need to enter plus shows them the truth of the story. Yes, in gameplay he can be annoying and is clearly there to make our lives hell but his character is important for the story.

• Administrators

He's not a completely unimportant character. He's vital for the EE as he reveals to the characters the numbers they need to enter plus shows them the truth of the story. Yes, in gameplay he can be annoying and is clearly there to make our lives hell but his character is important for the story.

So is he the one that says "So you want to know the truth..." in the deep deep voice that makes me want to cry?

Possibly Tac but the bottom line is why those pictures in the wardens office? If the warden is Brutus then how?

I guess he just thought they were pretty and hung them up there.

That is not the Treyarch I know.

• Administrators

Well reincarnation seems to be a theme at play here. The original characters always come back and they know they did something, but just don't know what, it's like they are having deja vu. So I definitely think it could mean something, so I'd say keep working at it :)

• Administrators

I just thought maybe his soul would move on sorry for saying any thing. Seems lately my thoughts and theory's have been wrong.

It's not that they are wrong (who is to say that a theory is wrong?), it's just that people like to agree with ideas that have more evidence and strong details as to why it could be true.

• Administrators

But answer why the tower of babble picture there.

This is something I have been trying to figure out. The Tower of Babel has no true Satanic references, the place the painting derived from doesn't either, so it may just be reused textures or I'm missing something.

Al says something really interesting about Pack a Punch on the bridge as well, he starts explaining to the others that if they put their gun in there it will improve their fire power and ammo stock and then one of the others asks, and I quote "how the fuck do you know all this" and I find that to be an interesting question because he seems to know a little about the perks as well, that they're not from this time. (hence the flickering)

Also if you pick up the blue skulls with him he doesn't seem as oblivious to what they are like the others seem to, there's a sense of familiarity.

The Tower of Bable was mans monument symbolizing that they could do anything with out God. Originally it was for him. God then changed the tongue of every single man on earth so that they cannot understand each one other to finish it.

This was their stair case to heaven. The Devil had made them rely on them selfs other than God.

Al says something really interesting about Pack a Punch on the bridge as well, he starts explaining to the others that if they put their gun in there it will improve their fire power and ammo stock and then one of the others asks, and I quote "how the fuck do you know all this" and I find that to be an interesting question because he seems to know a little about the perks as well, that they're not from this time. (hence the flickering)

Also if you pick up the blue skulls with him he doesn't seem as oblivious to what they are like the others seem to, there's a sense of familiarity.

He is hearing voices I think?

• Administrators

Yeah it seems like he is for sure hearing voices. There's many theories right now on who the voices are, but I'm more intrigued as to how he got the voices in his head.

I feel like there's more to Brutus than meets the eye, lots of theories floating around right now.

Perhaps, unlike the others, Al doesn't get Deja Vu. Maybe he remembers it all and is trying to make sure that this time, the plane does work and he doesn't get betrayed by the others. This would make sense, as we can see in the opening cinematic that all the characters are killed and we have to revive them in Afterlife mode upon spawning in, this could have happened before already.

And if it has happened before, maybe Arlington can remember it all and knows about all the perks and PaP, and the other characters sense something odd about it as they can't remember.

Although, contradicting myself here, near the end of the EE when the four return to the GG Bridge and Arlington becomes the target, it should be noted that the zombies will ignore him and he also gets a point meter on his own- his teamates points aren't below/near him.

For me, I believe this means that Al is actually being helped by perhaps the Demonic announcer (as he keeps the zombies away from him) or the voices in his head are guiding him.

But who knows?