Mob of the Dead Official Trailer Analysis

Ok everyone here is my official trailer analysis for the new Mob of the Dead trailer that has just released. Now, there were MANY things that we've already seen, so I just took the biggest things that I found in the trailer to put together. So here it goes!

Here we have our view of Alcatraz Island, or Evil Island as it is also referred to as in the video. I couldn't start an analysis without this could I?

Now this was something I found that I didn't quite understand. We all know how Treyarch works so what does this map mean? It just floated into the frame for a second. At first, I thought it was a world map, but after looking at it closer, it can't be that. Could this be a map of the island thrown in, or is there more to it?

A picture from the docks once again. There's a red light from the mystery box that we still don't quite understand.

Ok this is something I had to bring up. Zombies like this have been in all the trailers we've seen. They either have huge shards of glass all in them or are wrapped in barbed wire. What is the significance of this? Why did this happen to all the zombies?

Our zombie boss falling after his death. I wanted to show this close up to dispel some rumors. This is NOT a warden. His badge just says Guard. So this is not our prison warden.

This is what you look like when you are in Afterlife mode. I think this debunks the theory that "Him" is just a man in Afterlife mode, though they do both shoot electricity. You also move extremely fast.

Another picture from within Afterlife mode.

For those afraid of the fans, don't worry. If the trap is active, your character can crawl underneath them to get past.

Here's a close up shot of the hellhound. Is this Fluffy?

So the tomahawk is a power up, not a special grenade. This tomahawk can be thrown at zombies and it will boomerang back to the player.

Here is an image of the tomahawk wrecking the zombies. What you can't see is that it goes through them, then comes back to the player.

And here are the four characters on the plane. I have to wonder how hard it is to actually construct the plane, especially if it is just to get to PaP. Could it just be about grabbing parts like any other buildable?

And the plane flies off into the clouds...well...at least to the bridge. Also. FLYING! We can fly! Hooray! :D

Okay that's all I've got! What do y'all think?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good analysis! Bravo!

I think you should touch up on the possible yellow eyes during the fan trap sequence. I know I've posted this everywhere, but I don't feel like getting brand new pics every time.

The eyes stayed with him the whole time as he walked.

Compare to:

Normal Samantha Zombie Eyes:

(Image too big.)

Red Eyes:

Richtofen Eyes:

The eyes are supposed to be laser-ish like that. Maybe Samantha gets control after a time-switch?

EDIT: Here's the actual video for easy access.

My2keV2IIQ0

The YT ID is My2keV2IIQ0

I think we still have the box... And it's not making a red light... It's just that there is something emiting a red beam and the box is located DIRRECTLY above it... Purhaps the perks from the future (Phd, stamin up, mule kick) are avaible in a sort of "perk box" that can be bought for 3000...

It's a win and a loose... If you get mule kick: You win! Yay! You got an extra 1000 points, however if you get stamin up, or deadshot... Errr.... Sorry you paid extra... PHD would be about even IMO! 3000 isn't that much for dr flop!

I think we still have the box... And it's not making a red light... It's just that there is something emiting a red beam and the box is located DIRRECTLY above it... Purhaps the perks from the future (Phd, stamin up, mule kick) are avaible in a sort of "perk box" that can be bought for 3000...

It's a win and a loose... If you get mule kick: You win! Yay! You got an extra 1000 points, however if you get stamin up, or deadshot... Errr.... Sorry you paid extra... PHD would be about even IMO! 3000 isn't that much for dr flop!

I like. There is definitely a box. They said that the boss zombie could lock up the box, making you unable to use it.