The EMP and You

Ladies and gents, this is an EMP grenade:

Now this is for you who want to know more about it, are curious about it, want to know what it does, or something completely different.

Please be aware that you cannot hold EMPs and Monkey Bombs at the same time. Let me make this clear: If you are holding Monkey Bombs, they will be replaced by EMPs should you take them out of the box.

As you know, this can be either a great help, or it can royally… How can I put this… F*** you over.

General Knowledge

The EMP grenade can do negative and positive things which can either advance your gameplay or end it.

The EMP can:

(All disabling lasts for approximately 1.5 - 2 Minutes based on experience.)

Disable Pack-a-Punch.

Disable Perk machines, and all their effects.

Disable the Bus Driver. (Can be reactivated early with turbine.)

Disable your HUD. (Crosshairs, grenade count, etc.)

Close the box while spinning or with a weapon in the air.

Cancel an active monkey bomb.

Make Zombies "go to sleep" like the extra four found in Green Run when playing TranZit.

However they will not work if thrown into lava.

Now how can you use this to your advantage?

Grief

When an enemy team buys a box spin, toss an EMP at it, to keep them from getting their weapon.

Disable a perk your team doesn't want, but you have seen the other team buy. (Hint, hint, Juggernog.)

Cancel an enemy's monkey bomb if one is thrown when their teammate(s) is/are down.

Cancel their pack-a-punch.

Generally annoy the other team. (Fuzzy HUD.)

Survival

Group up all the zombies and EMP them for a quick box run or perk grab. Do not fire or sprint during their sleep, nor should you touch one.

Yeah that's pretty much all you can do without having a negative affect on yourself.

TranZit

In addition to what's in Survival, you can also:

EMP the Bus Driver to keep him in a location for a short time.

Thank you for your time reading, now go out there and make some Zombies sleep. Or, uh, you know, turn off some perk machines. That's always fun.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a very good tip is if you and your partner need a break. emp the full horde of zombies and both partners can go use the bathroom, eat, or do whatever they please. when they come back all they need to do is shoot and the zombie killing can begin again.

another problem i see with your topic is saying that you can't run. you actuallly can if you are far enough away from the zombies. how far, im not sure. but there have been zombies on the other side of town and i have sprinted and not woken them up.

Yeah, people don't even use it today based on what I've seen unless it's for Mystery Box trolling.

And keep in mind, the Pack a Punch in Grief is only on Town, and it's in the lava so EMP won't work.

You can EMP that Pack a Punch by throwing it in the area behind the Pack a Punch, behind the metal gate.