4th dlc what people want and map editor ???

I know people want old maps back but still you can just put in a disc and play them all (black ops) wink wink but still ill rather have one great map and no old maps but instead a map creator and down loader think about people can recreate maps make maps use the o4 or n4 build weapons make machinery. Wouldn't that be awesome it would be like a infinite maps all in one. Don't know about you but I would love that and I know that the pc version of was you can make maps but what about making them on a console like the far cry 3 map editor then you can also make multiplayer maps too maybe.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Give it time, friendo. An hour is literally nothing compared to what most people end up with.

I don't think it would be smart to have all the maps ever into one game. Black Ops only got away with it because there were various changes to the old maps, such as weapon selection, mechanics, Easter Eggs (back when they were very minuscule), and nostalgia. Plus, I'm not too sure if Black Ops II could support 16 maps - given that we receive five in this game - all in one sitting. It would be pointless to go back to Black Ops and World at War if that were the case.

Having a map editor won't be the case. It's much too difficult to maintain, and would probably be very simplistic and unoriginal even if it were implemented. PC can do it because...well, it's PC.

A map editor would be great, but it would take months of time to create a stable and creativity-inducing editor, and then somehow port it seamlessly to consoles.

The map editor on WaW PC isn't easy to use. It's nothing like Forge or Far Cry, it is much more difficult to handle and make use of. Making something like this for the console that anyone could use would severely hinder the creativity in the maps, having to be dumbed down so that anyone could use it.

It would be awesome non the less but the heard it was hard creating maps by I thought they could make it easier and I never said I wanted the old maps back I just said people could create them

Like I said, if they made it easier to use, the maps would be simpler. It would result in a lot of similar looking maps with no real depth.