Solo Custom Bank Fill Strategy

ETEl2NAL407

I'm not the best at Green Run by any means, but I thought I'd share my technique for adding funds to the bank. Pointers or other tips are appreciated, again, this is not meant to be exhaustive, just a technique I've had success with.

1) Knife all Zombies in Bus Depot

2) Build Turbine

3) Shoot remaining Rd 1 Zombies/Rebuild barriers for points

(You should have at least 2750 before you get on the bus)

4) Ride the bus to the Diner

5) Use your 2750 to buy both doors and MP5

6) Build Zombie Shield, but check the shed before you equip to see if there are the Galva-knuckles inside

(You may also find that part when leaving the Bus Depot)

--Galva-knuckles will make this process quicker as you can gain many more points with them, but if you do not acquire Galva-knuckles it's not a big deal

7) Equip the Zombie Shield (This will seriously help with training the zombies because it will give you an extra bit of protection)

8) Train the zombies at Diner (I use the space in front of the garage)

9) When you gain around 17k-25k the Bus should come back around

10) Get on the bus and get off after the lava pit, take the shortcut to Town

11) Open the bank vault (1000 for door, frag to blast open vault door)

12) Deposit all funds

13) Repeat if you can, I usually just kill myself and start over since It's quite difficult, for me, at this round to get back to the Diner for Ammo

This is probably not the best strategy, but a simple one that works. With the Knuckles you can expect at least 25k with each unload into the bank, without I usually deposit around 15-17k. Not bad for 10-15 rounds and maybe only 45 min. worth of work.

Again, additions to this strategy are welcomed.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your playing custom there's no need to kill yourself, deposit money and end the round then quit. Your kills and money save and you don't get the down or death. Also for point strategy on round 1 you can shoot a zombie 6 times in the belly then knife (with no lava damage to zombies). 2nd round 8+ shots to the belly but I usually just use a clip since by round 2 you'll be out of ammo with this strategy.

You could just run around town...

Open bar and jugger apt. Start rounds in the street, wander up by jugger, fall off towards center, run into the door to bar, turn and fire, head upstairs before new loads arrive, fight on edge, drop off, repeat ad infinitum.

Each time that you drop off of the jugger or bar, run in front of the little white car by the lava. By keeping your eye out for that, you won't run off the wrong way.

Nice job, I don't like the starting over thing though. Over all it's a very slow approach. When you get to 20+ rounds it is BIG points due to how many zombies. Running in an open area such as Tunnel or Farm you will make 20-30g's every 3-4 rounds no problem.

My strategy is:

-Leave depot after round 2 (gives you enough money to get a gun and open power door on next step)

-Teleport from depot (9/10 times if you jump straight into the warp facing the pole it will teleport you to the light closest to the power)

-Buy AK, turn power on, run to town

-open bank and take out 25g's

-buy Staminup and Jug

-check for Galvaknuckle hatch

-Teleport out (plan changes according to where you teleport but the jist of it is as follows)

-Diner: Open doors, Knuckles, build shield (don't equip it yet), buy speed cola

-Run to farm (with jug, staminup you can easily cross the lava)

-Buy Doubletap, Check last spot for Knuckles hatch if you don't have it already. Buy claymores, swap AK out for PaP gun

-Run back to diner, grab shield, buy knuckles, hit box for Monkeys and a 2nd gun

-Go to tunnel and knuckle it up until round 13-15 (round 14+ takes one bullet and one knuckle)

-By this time you should have your 25g's back

-Run to Depot, get Turbine

-Teleport to power again

-Drop Turbine for PaP and run to town

-PaP your 2nd gun and deposit the rest of the money in bank

-Teleport back to diner or depot and head back to the tunnel

-Every 30-40g's jump on the bus when it comes through and run to town via the shortcut past the lava

-For a change of scenery and an easier run to the bank run trains out front of the Farm.

The key to getting around this map with ease is knowing where you are when you teleport.

-Bus Depot is obvious

-Diner is obvious

-Cornfield is obvious

-Town should be obvious due to it's the only one that has a lava pool right next to it

-Dark fog on a hill is closest to power, run down hill toward a fire in the distance to get to power

-Somewhat bluish fog is after the bridge. You can see the bridge to your right after you warp

-Lighter but dense fog look for a rock wall to your right. This is after the lava pool from diner. Run across the road and see a red and white truck for shortcut to town. (this is the easiest teleporter without a lava pool to cross to run to Farm)

-Sun lit fog on road is across from the Bowie knife shack. Run towards the sun to get to town.

Once you know exactly where you are when you teleport you should have no problem setting up or navigating the map without the need of a crawler or anything until the later rounds.

I don't get on the bus at any point unless its just hitching a ride from tunnel to diner. Other than that I use it to lead a horde into and let them be run down in the tunnel.

Note: hording in the tunnel is easy anywhere you want to run. The easiest place by far though is next to the fog on the diner side of the tunnel. You can horde them up and then run them in a straight line into the fog by the slanted wall. You are so far away from the 2 Denizen spawns that even though you're in the fog you can mow down your horde and get back into the light before any Denizens get to you. If they do get to you it's a simple knuckle to the face to get rid of them.

I personally prefer to just run the skullcrusher in the tunnel to bank points. Usually deposit every 50K or so. I will also get set-up on round 1 since it's just easier, gotta spend money to make money ;) .

I agree the Skull crusher is an excellent weapon as you'll constantly have ammo. I prefer to switch it up now and then just to try all the different guns. It's so easy to run in the tunnel it doesn't really mater what you use unless you try the warmachine and rocket launcher at the same time lol. I've been beasting head shots out of the PaP five seven lately. So fun.

I also love the Skullcrusher and I agree with the Tunnel strategy 100% because it IS easy there and with Skullcrusher in hand, ammo is plentiful. That's a great strategy for high rounds, IMO, but for loading up the bank, I go for the quick and easy strategy that doesn't require much setup. I don't bother with the power, PaP, or mystery box as all that adds about 15-20 min. to do each one (well maybe not the mystery box, but that does cost money).

Training in tunnel could be a good alternative to the Diner strategy. For several reasons:

1) It's closer to the Bus Depot (not by much, but it is closer)

2) When the bus comes through, it's much easier not to have your train screwed up

3) The M16 (even not PaPed) is MUCH stronger than the MP5

but the cons to training in Tunnel over Diner are as follows:

1) The zombie shield is not here

2) You are farther from the bank

3) The M16 is more expensive initially

4) Galva-Knuckles are not here

So, they each have good and bad. I think it's good to have options. So players can choose a strategy that fits their style. Perhaps the ultimate strategy would be to combine these two...Maybe after an initial deposit from training at Diner, we make our way to the Tunnel and then train there with the M16 for another 25k.

I would say to do the Tunnel later than earlier because the M16 is more powerful.

With this strategy, keep in mind, I am attempting to make it quick, efficient, and without extraneous tasks like turning on the power, opening PaP, or wasting money on the box.