The Run Gamemode

About two days ago, I started thinking of new gamemode possibilities.

I had an idea that I think would be a very good gamemode that would require teamwork and would be difficult.

First off: Picture a long straight map. A long street where you cannot go left or right, only forward. A canyon-like crevasse.

You would start at one side of this long strip of land and your objective is to reach the other end alive.

At the beginning of each match, you would begin with 5000-7500 points to spend. The area where you begin would have the four original perks, weapons on the wall, and the Pack-A-Punch Machine. You would have to make a decision on what you would buy to prepare yourself for The Run.

Once you are prepared, you must ready up in some way. Everyone would have to stand in a certain area, or press a button.

Once every player is ready, you hear a noise indicating something big about to happen. At this point you must sprint straight forward. But when you are sprinting... many, MANY zombies would be coming at you from all directions. Mostly from in front of you, but you can see them coming from a distance so they don't come and surprise you out of nowhere. You'll have time to kill them, but not all of them.

Score would be based off of time. The shorter amount of time that you take to reach the end of the line, the higher on the leaderboards you would end up on. The longer you take, the farther down you are.

Let me know what you all think of this idea! I think it would be a very good, very difficult, addition to Zombies that would encourage teamwork at its best. :D

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a good idea. It'd have to take place in a super-long hallway though. If it is too wide, people would run circles, which would defeat the purpose. Also, the zombies would probably have to run just slightly faster than you. Also, they'd have to be relatively easy to kill, at least at first. If you made them difficult right off the bat, the strategy would just be to run and never shoot.

would prefer a sort of circuit if you see what i mean. like with checkpoints to give you perks or weapons.

imagine it like an arcade car game, you have 1 minute to reach the next check point and each zombie you hit with your 1911 gives you a little more time, then at the finish line you begin round 2 and get a m14. on round 5 they give you mp5 and jug, on round 7 speed cola, etc...

This is a good idea, but to prohibit players from just running through the map as fast as possible, kills should be awarded to give time bonuses and/or the points you have when you cross the finish line should be factored into a time bonus of sorts, so that whoever crosses the finish line first may not necessarily be the winner, but a combination of time, kills, and/or not spending all of your initial points would determine the match winner.

I've had a couple races on foot around Green Run with a few buddies of mine. It was kinda fun but it would need a few game mode specific perks to make it more interesting.

Not to derail this great idea but I also was thinking of game modes awhile back and I came up with Shotput Zombies. Basically you're at the end of a field and on the other end are launchers that are launching zombies at you. Your objective is to have some sort of gun game cycle of weapons and perks to assist you in shooting all the incoming zombies out of the sky lol