Elevator trick

Go to power, get on the edge as an elevator comes down. Face into the room. The elevator will push you below the ground, you will begin to fall, just keep pushing forward to go into the Sliq workbench area.

You can probably just drop, like dropping from the top of the escalator above pdw to the pdw room but I thought that I would mention it.

If this is cheating, feel free to remove this post. No offense meant, none taken if this gets removed. I just love to share information...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what purpose does it serve?

It gets you from power to the workbench without waiting for the elevator to get to power, drop below power, get on, wait for it to go down one level. Saves at least 30 seconds unless you can just fall between levels.

Initially, turning on power sets up one elevator to go down, but as the game progresses, it can save time, especially if a new round started and you want to be quick.

When you turn on power, one elevator always goes to the point where you can stand on it. Then if you get on it, it will go down in a few seconds. 10 at the most, but I think it's more like 5 or 6. So I guess this could save 5 or 6 seconds?

I might see it being useful if you need to get down there and the power has already been turned on... and an elevator is on it's way down. But unless it's only round 2 or 3 I don't think you're going to be able to stand in one place waiting for the elevator to push you down without a zombie ripping your face off. :P

When you turn on power, one elevator always goes to the point where you can stand on it. Then if you get on it, it will go down in a few seconds. 10 at the most, but I think it's more like 5 or 6. So I guess this could save 5 or 6 seconds?

I might see it being useful if you need to get down there and the power has already been turned on... and an elevator is on it's way down. But unless it's only round 2 or 3 I don't think you're going to be able to stand in one place waiting for the elevator to push you down without a zombie ripping your face off. :P

Exactly this, it's not 'omg, I broke Die Rise', just an fyi.

It WILL save someone's game one day and they'll remember this post...

8-)

You COULD just drop down from the massive gap on the floor, in the room right before you enter the double doors where the power switch is... this way you will face the elevator that doesn't go all the way to the rooftop, which you can also take to get the last buildable for the Sliquifier for free.

That probably saves you even more time, amirite?

You COULD just drop down from the massive gap on the floor, in the room right before you enter the double doors where the power switch is... this way you will face the elevator that doesn't go all the way to the rooftop, which you can also take to get the last buildable for the Sliquifier for free.

That probably saves you even more time, amirite?

Sure. This was just an fyi. I am glad you posted that because I am sure some didn't know.

In practice, this has actually been good to use (elevator trick).

Note that the elevator holds you as it lowers you, until it stops moving, then drops you, just push forward. I have not failed at this yet.

Note 2: you could probably drop and push forward, like falling to the pdw room...no elevator required.