Fog camp by town question

If you take the shortcut to town, the last 50 feet are safe from the foggies.

If 4 people stay up there in 2 groups where it splits, it might be a decent camp spot.

But the question is, will zombies come from town and climb up?

I don't believe that they do.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They do. I like to run trains in the fog (denizen training to me) and often I'm near the shortcut area where the lamppost is. In a couple of matches now if people are running in town and go down I immediately start there way and the zombies always start to climb the wall and come at me while heading in.

Now one thing I haven't tried is if your at the top without dropping down and you start a round. The zombies that come at me have already been spawned in town and come towards me but if your standing up top and no one is actually dropped down in town they may not actually spawn in that lower section.

-KeredNomrah69

They do. I like to run trains in the fog (denizen training to me) and often I'm near the shortcut area where the lamppost is. In a couple of matches now if people are running in town and go down I immediately start there way and the zombies always start to climb the wall and come at me while heading in.

Now one thing I haven't tried is if your at the top without dropping down and you start a round. The zombies that come at me have already been spawned in town and come towards me but if your standing up top and no one is actually dropped down in town they may not actually spawn in that lower section.

-KeredNomrah69

Thanks for the feedback, i will have to try it.

If they do climb up, and it is one spot, maybe put an etrap there too.

83457 you are a genius. I believe you have stumbled upon a decent hold down spot.

My previous post was completely false apparently. Just tried it out in a four man game, sat at the top of the shortcut without dropping down and behold they never came from town.

On occasions if someone was in town they would come after me when they left and I was the nearest to zombies. With no one in town they only emerged from the fog from the one direction.

Denizens always attack me there.. You talking about by the church, near the ledge? Denizens are on me until I get over the ledge.

This is true for a lot of areas when you are just exiting the fog. Give yourself a breather at the ledge and let the denizens that have been already spawned die and there will be no more. There is a nice comfortable area between the ledge and the cross bones signs towards the church where the denizens will not spawn to come after you.

There's a total of one spawn location close to you and one car they can crawl through from the side, everything else is running down a long street with glowing eyes you can target. Had one turret and a trap with me and eventually removed the trap (sparks were distracting) and then removed the turret (was getting bored not killing anything). Sat there with an rpd by myself till round 22 then had to leave because everyone was needing revives.

I'm up for a hold down crew. 4 guys who do nothing but military style choke points and fall back to more defensive lines that are all preplanned. This place is perfect for the fact you can just drop over the ledge and literally get anything you want or even those that have been downed can just hop down and get jug. Worse case scenario, everyone drops to bank and deposits till your overrun lol.