Mr. Zombie Night Special

The B23R.

I love this thing. My first thought was 'a pistol? (Sigh)', but it works quite well and gives a good movement rate and, in Tranzit, it comes to you every now and then so you can buy ammo if needed. Granted, on round 100, it won't help, but not much does at that point.

From online games: 4 man: each player mentions what pap'd guns they have and I'm like b23r and m1911 nonpap'd which is usually followed by chuckles (and i'll have first/second most kills)...

2 man with a friend spectating on round 16: 'what gun is that?' 'B23R'. 'Damn, that's taking them out in one shot (headhot)'! 'Yup'...'I'm gonna start using that' (and he is pretty good, nevermind he was dead on 16, it happens).

Nuketown in turquoise house after buying front door. I buy the door, buy the b23r, buy back door, pool zombies in backyard of turquoise house...

Best wallgun in zombies... (This statement is called opinion, while quite arguably valid, it is jut my opinion, don't get bent if you love the crappy m16 or actually buy the start room garbage).

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The B23R.

I love this thing. My first thought was 'a pistol? (Sigh)', but it works quite well and gives a good movement rate

Nuketown in turquoise house after buying front door. I buy the door, buy the b23r, buy back door, pool zombies in backyard of turquoise house...

Best wallgun in zombies...

Yes! Finally! Someone with the same thought train as me. I will do exactly that, trains behind the turquoise house, (I always just say green, haha) and people scoff at me all the time when I open the door, buy the B23R, and head out back.

Yet I always have the most headshots, kills, least downs, most points, and most revives... and thats just before round 20, before I buy Double Tap2.0! Then I wait until around 28 to PaP it, and then it just gets fun! Ammo is always on the wall, right inside the door!

If even not that, I'll get the MP5 also, just to have more ammo on the wall, decent power, and always make your money back to buy more ammo!

Usually people tell me I'm stupid for "not hitting the box to get a good gun." I save my money to buy Knuckles, get the Knives out of the box, and run around with a B23R and Krauss Refibrillator. I get told, "I'm not gonna pick you up when you get downed, idiot!" Then seemingly, about round 15-20, when teammates go down, and I'm the last man standing, I just run trains around them, until they're "dead red," and Refibrillate them! Don't worry, I'm an idiot, but I know how to survive!

Haha, thought I'd share.. Sorry for getting a little off topic. But YES! the B23R is AWESOME! round 1-7/8 i think its one burst, then 8/9-like 19 is two bursts. Unless you have Double Tap2.0, then it's on like Donkey Kong! I'll rock an un-Pap'd, DoubleTapped B23R into the high 20's.

Not to mention on TranZit, its the only form of ammo in Town at all, and thats only about every 5 minutes. never hurts to have a badass weapon in your pocket.. why waste all that money and time trying to get the Alien Ray, when you have Mr. Zombie Night Special at your disposal?

Great thought 83457! I concur!

I figured people loved it, but everything has its detractors.

@ trevbo, it is always fun to do fine with minimal stuff while the box worshippers run out of money. Great story on nuketown.

@ all: thanks for posting, happy gaming. Even if it seems obvious to us, some novice today will say, hmm, let me give that pistol a try...

Many newbies miss the value of high movement rate and ease of wallgun (busgun?) ammo. You don't need any big toys until at least round 20, make it there before you worry too hard about that sldg hmmr.

I usually just rush buy doors and get the M16 round 4-5. Definitely Going to start using B23R since it costs 2200 less. I usually train where no one else is, in front of Turquoise mostly, or behind yellow, those are usually the two open spots.

Only hitting the box during Firesale.

Great weapon! It's even better with Double Tap 2.0!

I was one of the first people to train in the back of the green house (BOII Launch Night aww yeah!) but I do B23R and open the top of the house instead. I find the open back door can lead to trouble.

I've tried both, I find that opening the back stairs works because as they come out the back door, rarely do they come from upstairs, and when they do, they don't come down the stairs. So, when I get to the steps I run up them and fall off just past the door.

So you don't run under the deck, so the back door is no issue.

Everyone has their own style, not telling you how to play, just explaining my reasoning.

Happy gaming!