Some doubts regarding the storyline (Past/Present/Future)

FreDelicia

I'm new to the Black Ops series, I've played a lot of Modern Warfare though. As I started playing Tranzit I got really interested in the whole Zombies storyline. I hope you guys can help me with these questions...

1) Did Maxis suicide or someone killed him ? I can't get a straight answer on this and I've done a lot of reading

2) When you're at Moon doing the big Easter egg there's a time that Maxis speaks with you and says that "he activated the AI to help stop Richtofen". So by the time the missiles are launched you're obeying a computer, right ?

3) If he is dead and we listen to him on Tranzit that makes me think: is he on the Aether or are we obeying the same AI from Moon ?

4) How old is Richtofen (that's a tricky one), I've read that he was doing some crazy shit far before the beginning of the First Reich. I've heard that he must be like 90 years old, if so, I think that the long exposure to 115 might have made him age different than the others. Quoting: They first realized that Element 115 reanimated dead cells, after that they started doing experiments on live subjects.

5) In the original Nuketown from Black Ops we can see an antenna structure near the Nuketown sign. This antenna thingy is nowhere to be found in the new map. Someone noticed that ?

Thanks for your attention guys, since you've all been playing longer than I have I think you can help me with these questions.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Someone shot Maxis when he told Samantha to kill all of the rebellious members of Group 935. See Moon Radio 5.

2. Well Maxis doesn't exactly say that, but yes, a lot of people, including myself, believe that Maxis is now computerized, not an organic being anymore.

3. Some people think he is in Aether. I do not think so. I think he is an AI since he talks through computers and Richtofen tried to "delete" him.

4. When know Richtofen went to college and practiced surgery in the Weimar Republic. That means by World War II he'd be 30-40 years old. So in Black Ops II, he'd be 50-60 years old, but the Pyramid cryogenically preserved his body for those last 20 years.

5. I'm not too familiar with that to be honest.

4. When know Richtofen went to college and practiced surgery in the Weimar Republic. That means by World War II he'd be 30-40 years old. So in Black Ops II, he'd be 50-60 years old, but the Pyramid cryogenically preserved his body for those last 20 years.

Um, just curious, but why would he be any older in BOII? I'm not so sure the time between moon and tranzit is that long... Would just like a clarrification.

Sure thing. Maxis says himself that he's been searching for survivors for decades. That means there is a minimum 20 year gap between Moon/Nuketown and Green Run.

Btw, I should correct something, since he is in Samantha's body, Richtofen might be considered a 6-year-old... However his consciousness is 50-60 years old. His body was last seen in Moon (we don't know where Samantha is now) at 30-40 years old.

Sure thing. Maxis says himself that he's been searching for survivors for decades. That means there is a minimum 20 year gap between Moon/Nuketown and Green Run.

Btw, I should correct something, since he is in Samantha's body, Richtofen might be considered a 6-year-old... However his consciousness is 50-60 years old. His body was last seen in Moon (we don't know where Samantha is now) at 30-40 years old.

Well, that's interesting, but at the same time doesn't make sense considering Marlton is heard in Nuketown zombies, around the time the Rockets blow the earth up, so I'm on the fence about that.

The solution to that is that you don't see Marlton in Nuketown. If he was 15-20, then he wouldn't sound too different when he's 35-40.

That's kind of relative. Voices often times change alot between those two ages, particularly in men. I don't think he's going to have quite that squeally voice 20 years later, but it's debateable.

Or you may have heard the quote wrong, which happens. I haven't actually heard it myself, so I could not tell you.

Regarding the timeline between Moon-Tranzit

I've heard this quote before by doing the farm tv Easter Egg

"You.... you are not one of those fowl creatures, excellent ! I've been searching for decades, listen now... "

P.s: Not my channel, I don't know the guy, I don't want to promote his channel. It was the first reliable source I found

Yes that TV quote says decades however, the first pick up you get in TranZit, Richtofen says he is getting used to the Aether.

I'm almost positive it wouldn't take decades to get used to the Aether.

So we have a few options here.

A. Maxis AI is horrible at keeping track of time or he is using a generalization, like how people tend to use the word "years" when in reality they could mean hours or days.

B. Richtofen took awhile to get used to the Aether.

C. While I have never personally heard the decades quote in game nor do I even know how to hear it if it is in game and not a unused file, it could be that since time travel is common in the zombie's story, that quote is from an unseen future.

Now if I had to pick any of my three options it would be A.

I wouldn't take youtube channels seriously with storyline aspects.

D. Richtofen was inactive for the past 20 years due to lack of Zombies and only had a chance to get used to the Aether when the game begins in TranZit, much like how Samantha literally sat there and did nothing for 40 years until Zombies broke out in Call of the Dead.

Could someone point me to the most widely accepted storyline for zombies, starting from the beggining( nacht). It seems like a lot of things don't make sense, with a lot of holes in these theories. I have done a lot of reading on the back story, but some theories seem to contradict others. Maybe I need to get caught up, but some people seem to be reaching pretty far to connect these dots.

Could someone point me to the most widely accepted storyline for zombies, starting from the beggining( nacht). It seems like a lot of things don't make sense, with a lot of holes in these theories. I have done a lot of reading on the back story, but some theories seem to contradict others. Maybe I need to get caught up, but some people seem to be reaching pretty far to connect these dots.

I advocate my storyline. There are others out there, but I honestly I'd be lying if I said I didn't think mine was the best. Sorry for my lack of modesty.

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=18279