Not just glitching or losing connection, 100% freezing up...

Bigshrimpn83

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ever get host migration during a game and it chooses you as the host, it's best to just leave the game because it seems to drastically increase your chance of freezing up. About 9 times out of 10 if i was chosen as host i would freeze up about 2 minutes later, but since i started leaving after host migration i haven't had a freeze for nearly a week now.

I don't have a PS3, I play on Xbox. With that said I don't have much freezing happening. Yet I do however notice my xbox working extremely hard to where sometimes I can hear it over my turtle beaches.. I should probably stop playing this game as well before my console burns up but im addicted :(

Notice this as well, it runs like a jet engine for awhile then slows down, however if you switch modes(zombies to MP, Mp to zombies, ect) it sounds like a jet engine again.

Kinda makes me wonder if there is a problem with the game since I have it installed to the xbox harddrive.

That's because since you have the game installed to the HDD, it only actually reads the disc when you first start up the game or switch modes. You're just hearing the disc drive running for a bit. I do know, however, that some games seem to be much louder running in my Xbox than others. I'm not sure if it's because of the information on the disc or maybe the label has it off-balance enough to make it louder (for the record I'm running the older model 360, standing upright), but I definitely hear that "jet engine" sound of the disc drive running on the occasional game disc.

For those having freezing problems on PS3, do you have your game installed to the HDD? Even if this isn't the cause of the freezing, if it is, in fact, harder on the Blu Ray drive as was mentioned, it's a good idea to install it anyways just so the drive doesn't have to work as much.

It's also possible that connection problems could be causing the freezes, which would make sense if it happens more when you're hosting. It could even cause problems in solo games because even when playing solo you're connected to the servers. In fact, I was booted out of a solo game last week at round 31 with a "lost connection to server" type error message. Before the game quit... it froze for a few seconds. It's entirely possible that they're having issues with their PS3 servers and it's causing console freezes.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, seems like I joined the club... :|

Never had problems with the console during BO2. Yesterday I finished a few multiplayer-games with no problems at all. After switching to zombie-mode I wasn't able to play one game without a sudden freeze.

The freezes come randomly but always 'at the wrong moment'. Sometimes after a few minutes, one time just after buying the knuckles, after PaP'n a gun, after grabbing a PaP'd gun from the fridge. Was an expensive and frustrating night.

Tried to reboot router/modem but they're not the problem.

Repaired system-files but that also didn't seem to work.

Don't have a clue what's causing this.

Shame that Activision point at Playstation and Playstation points to Activision.

Somebody has to take responsibility for this...

Two days ago I bought a new PS3 Ultra Slim cause I couldn't even move two feet in Zombie-mode and it would freeze. After that I had no problems at all. Friend with same problem also bought a new PS3, works also perfect.

Expensive game this way... :|

IDK how many times i have mentioned this before..

Even when i had another user name here (which was sk8t131)

i felt like people resolve there problems by buying another ps3..

I dont have that kind of money.

Playstation died after ps1. It was Sony or Microsoft and i chose the best.

PS3 doesnt suck.. but its not better than in overall :P