New Ranking system theory

game78

I apologize ahead for opening a new thread but I thought be best way to get thoughts. So sorry but here goes

Most people's theory is the K/D or rounds survived. I'm not saying those wrong I do think at a certain point you may rank up that way. But I've seen to many ppl with lower stars than some and yet higher ranked. So a buddy mentioned something to me and I think he may be right.

What if we have looked at the whole true skill thing wrong. People think by going into deep rounds that's showing true skill. But going to deep rds with a PAP ray gun and RPD isn't extremely hard depending on player skill. What if ppl are ranking up by going further with lower rank guns and not elite guns but yet still performing well and going deep rounds. Could their be more reward for going with less desired guns instead of top notch guns? Also the person two weeks ago stated how the customer service rep said their were challenges. Maybe the challenges have something to do with completing so many rds without PAP guns or wall guns.

Just a theory but when I last ranked up I had to buy a wall gun and clutch a rd of grief and I remember I bought a wall gun to finish off a train cuz I had no ammo. I plan on testing this theory and thought I would share our theory.

I will share my results after I have tested it. Again sorry for ANOTHER theory ranking system post

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know my rank didn't go up or down because of this. I think wall weapons in higher rounds just lead to taking a ridiculous amount of time to kill zombies and would prove how good you are at running circles, not necessarily your overall skill. I believe the theory of blue eyes and slashes signifying days played. I'll know for sure tomorrow, I lost my blue eyes (for the third time) 4 days ago after not playing for one day and haven't got em back yet no matter what i do, pretty sure the slashes mean days played (had three yesterday, 4 today) so I should have blue eyes tomorrow. I have friends with knives on their skull who have only played Tranzit and friends with shotguns who have only played Survival.

Off the subject but I died in the cornfield under the pylon waiting for electric zombie to spawn and some players later on told me to wait until the thunderstorm (I think Rus might mention something about it) was overhead before I killed the last zombie and he'd spawn the next round. Can anyone confirm/elaborate on this?

The slashes next to the rank represents how many days in a row you have played. I made sure to take note of this. Yesterday when I got on, I was at three. Then after a match, I had 4. If I play today, I'll got the fifth tally mark. This probably goes with that one tweet by a dev who said something about "Determination" (I honestly forgot the word he used).

I just hope having your five slashes isnt necessity to rank up from skull to knife and so on. I know i can't be the only one that sometimes has to work till 10 or 11 at night that gets home and doesn't want to pop in zombies just to help my rank before I have to pass out and do the same thing the next day. I had a skull with blue eyes up until yesterday when I didn't play, any money ill log in to no blue eyes and four slashes today -_-

i still think it's about your average woldwide ranking.

think of an average ranking of all you do : all games played, plus k/d ratio, headshots, revives, etc. everytime your name shows up in a ranking, it's part of your average ranking.

per example i never did good scores at grief or in survival in city or farm but i tried all the game modes at least once, so i am ranked in everyone of them, even if i only went trough 10 rounds... which makes my average ranking go down, even if i do some good scores in tranzit and nuketown...