A glitch with town survival?

Me and a friend were playing yesterday in public and after the other two people dropped out we had a very unusual glitch. We couldn't pack-a-punch or buy perks. It said "You must turn the power on". Now the perk machines were lit up and had their little jingle playing as did the pap machine but we couldn't use them.

This ended up lasting the rest of the game, the last randumb left at round 11 where it glitched and we failed at 28.

What causes this to happen because this isn't the first time we've had it happen, although it is the first time we've had it happen for that long of a period. Before it would only be the pap machine and only last like two rounds but this never went away and affected perks and the pap machine.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If one throws an EMP nade near some machine, it turns off for a little while.

EMP's turn off perk mechines in the vicinty for 5 minutes. IF there was a perk drop then it dissaperas, and if you hit the box when a emp is thrown then the box closes on its self. Also EMPS turn the PAP OFF for 5 minutes.

THis could have been an EMP glitch, where as someone threw one while they lagged/quit and it took a perminit affect. POSSABLE!

I went back in theater mode and watched it, they didn't throw emp grenades at the machines. What I did notice though is when one of them quit, they put their gun in the pap machine and quit instantly. Don't know if that is why the pap machine stopped working but if it is, that wouldn't explain the perks.

I went back in theater mode and watched it, they didn't throw emp grenades at the machines. What I did notice though is when one of them quit, they put their gun in the pap machine and quit instantly. Don't know if that is why the pap machine stopped working but if it is, that wouldn't explain the perks.

Ive done a lot of BETA testing in my time, and from my personal experience, weird things happen during transmission errors. So him quitting during the time of his PAP would defentaly explain the PAP not working, but i cant say for 100% but 3arc may use the same source code for the action of PAP a gun AND buying perks. If this is true then when he quit the error created in the PAP source code followed through with the perk mechines. However if the code line is not used for both then maby the code line for "press []/x" is the same and glitch that out.

All i can say for sure is weird things happen when people quit the game. Im sure 3arc is aware of this as its the main cause for the leaderbords not saving also. i just hope its not gonna be like BO1 where they NEVER fixed the leaderborad save issures. I still can not get past round 7 on my Acension leaderboard officaly. Sadly this is true for many other people also. I hope this is not a reaccuring issue. IF it is, its gonna PISS A LOT of people off. Why play when you cant show off your leaderboards? Competition is the name of the game.

Good luck to ya in future games. This hopefully should be resolved along with many other bugs/issues at least by the 1st DLC lauch, as that does not cost them cash to microsoft.(PATCHES/UPDATS cost 40k$ just to have the OK to launch, where as DLC is Prepayed by the publishers)

I haven't seen that one but I have seen a couple others while playing Town survival.

1: After a host migration I came back to the game alone and everything was frozen but I could still walk around the entire map. All perk machines, pap, and doors would not work and the zombies were frozen in place, some moving some not. It was like in Bops1 when the server timed out how you could walk around for a little bit and then it'd quit the game. Except this lasted indefinitely until I quit the game myself.

2: Last night I went down and tombstoned out. When the next round started I ran around and bought the perks I hadn't bought the first time and headed to grab my tombstone so I'd have 6 perks. I went down right next to my tombstone and before my teammate could revive me I saw my tombstone flashing. I crawled to it and the game let me pick it up. I had lost the extra perks I just bought from going down but it gave me my guns and the 3 perks I originally bought. I was still down waiting for my teammate and had the FAL in my hand instead of the pistol. I was shooting at zombies but it still only had limited ammo. Appeared to be a model glitch where I actually had the pistol but I was visually holding the FAL. My teammate revived me and all was well.

Stranger things have happened but there are definitely some glitches going on related to Internet connection and some of the new features like tombstone.

I haven't seen that one but I have seen a couple others while playing Town survival.

1: After a host migration I came back to the game alone and everything was frozen but I could still walk around the entire map. All perk machines, pap, and doors would not work and the zombies were frozen in place, some moving some not. It was like in Bops1 when the server timed out how you could walk around for a little bit and then it'd quit the game. Except this lasted indefinitely until I quit the game myself.

2: Last night I went down and tombstoned out. When the next round started I ran around and bought the perks I hadn't bought the first time and headed to grab my tombstone so I'd have 6 perks. I went down right next to my tombstone and before my teammate could revive me I saw my tombstone flashing. I crawled to it and the game let me pick it up. I had lost the extra perks I just bought from going down but it gave me my guns and the 3 perks I originally bought. I was still down waiting for my teammate and had the FAL in my hand instead of the pistol. I was shooting at zombies but it still only had limited ammo. Appeared to be a model glitch where I actually had the pistol but I was visually holding the FAL. My teammate revived me and all was well.

Stranger things have happened but there are definitely some glitches going on related to Internet connection and some of the new features like tombstone.

Good to know, thanks, ill credit you if i copy this else where.

If one throws an EMP nade near some machine, it turns off for a little while.

EMP's turn off perk mechines in the vicinty for 5 minutes. IF there was a perk drop then it dissaperas, and if you hit the box when a emp is thrown then the box closes on its self. Also EMPS turn the PAP OFF for 5 minutes.

THis could have been an EMP glitch, where as someone threw one while they lagged/quit and it took a perminit affect. POSSABLE!

I remember how annoying the mystery box glitch was. If you boxed where the box actually was during a fire sale at the last possible millisecond that the firesale was active (so like the game began the process of making all boxes on the map disappear) the box would disappear and never return to the game. I think I could live without quick revive for a game as long as I still had the box :D

• 1 month later...

I have had a similar problem with Farm Survival. At round 17 The Quick Revive turned off then Speed Cola then Double tap then Juggernog. I've had this at round 4 before but nobody EMPed anything and nobody left. Each Loadout for player in that game were Ray Gun, Monkeys, Galil. Ray Gun, MTar. FN FAL, Monkeys, Olimpia. RPD and Starting Pistol. I can't see anything that would mean the Perks would shut off. It needs fixing. Desperately.