~Map Ideas Thread~ Post your Ideas!

^^^ Beautiful, beautiful! Keep 'em coming!

I have actually been waiting to make this thread for a bit, do I have a few MORE ideas saved up. I'll give a taste of one.

BLASPHEMY

this map takes place primarily in a church, but with the street and a cemetary also accessible. The church has two floors, a bell tower, and a basement, cluttered with desecrated religious figures and statues. The cemetary is littered with smashed headstones (or tombstones... Tee hee hee) and it is pitch-black outside. The only light here is from torches. The street is deserted, and has steps leading up to the church. This area is highly vandalized with graffiti that all says stuff like "god has forsaken us" and "nothing can save your soul now", a sort of homage to the chalk writing in the WaW maps and kino. As reddonkeyham might say... CONTROVERSIAL!!

How about this kind of church Jesus? Sedlec Ossuary, I visit this place once and boy did I get creep the %$&% out during the night.

It is almost as If it was meant to be!!! HOLY LESBIAN MARIO BROTHERS BATMAN!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Plan to submit a map idea every day guys. This is not due to lack of thought put into each; quite the opposite really. I have made it a habit of mine to design wonder waffles and maps in my spare time, so I will begin to post one daily for your viewing pleasure.

Here are a few projects I am working on or have just finished.

FOUR-ONE-ZERO

Description: Through the pollution, grime, and filth of the gritty streets I call home, something more sinister than your average gang-banger is lurking...

FIREFIGHT

description: "This... Was a fuckin' bomb droppin' on beaver-cleaver-Ville. For a few seconds... This place was Armageddon! There was a FIREFIGHT!!" (perfect recreation of the setting of my favorite movie scene.)

PENNITENTIARY

Description: "While originally intended to keep the living in, most prisons have proven to be more than effective for keeping the undead out."

-Max Brooks

NÄCHST WELLE aka COMING HOME

Description: "...In the long history of the world, only a few generations been granted the rule of defending freedom in its maximum hour of danger." -JFK

(don't worry, I worked in a plot twist that ensures that we won't be fighting undead holocaust victims regards--ExpertCoah.)

NIGHTMARE

Location: many places famous from horror films (Elm street, small town in Maine, Amityville)

Description: Imagine everything that had ever had you looking over your shoulder, or checking the closet, or under your bed each night. Now imagine it all around you. Now imagine there are zombies too.

MARBLE HORNET

Description: More than just the dead walk through these Trees... But whatever you do, Don't turn around...

"NO NO NO NO NO" "Always watches... NO EYES" "Leave me ALONE" "FOLLOWS" "DON'T LOOK OR IT TAKES YOU" "CAN'T RUN" "HELP ME"

If any of these seem interesting I will be sure to share that one first upon request.

BLASPHEMY

"The dead have risen. No demons, ghouls, or ghosts have brought about THIS apocalypse though. Can you find the time during the panic and the fury, to ask yourself the most important question: 'where is your god now?'"

Short on supplies and in need of escape, our four heroes took refuge in a nearby church. Regardless of how "holy" this ground is, nothing but you and your not-so-holy firearms can keep the bastards out.

You spawn in a fenced-in graveyard. The area is large bit cluttered with headstones and debris. From here you can enter the mausoleum or the church.

Entering the church grants access to the center aisle and the "stage" at the front of the church. This area is open and wide, with only a few rows of seats in the way (like the kino theater). From here you can buy stairs up or down. Going up leads to a much smaller upper level with an organ. Not much here.

Going up even more leads up a massive, tight spiral staircase, which leads up to the top of a bell tower. This area is medium sized and almost perfectly flat.

If you chose to go into the mausoleum in the spawn you would open the door only to find that the area ahead is just a system of catacombs filled with all manner of disgusting corpses and such. This entire area is pitch-ass black. At each entrance to the catacombs are lanterns, much like the PES on moon. This grants a mediocre amount of light. traveling from one side of the catacombs to another brings you to a split-off. One way leads deeper while another ascends from darkness.

If you go up from here it leads up the "down stairs" in the church. Going deeper leads to (you guessed it) more tunnels. At the end of THESE are another chance to emerge into the light above. The area you rise up to is the street out front of the church.

This area is a maze of decimated cars, one of which is blocking the front entrance, making the catacombs the only way to the street. The street contains a breaker switch whose function I'm sure you can guess. The whole front of the church and street are vandalized beyond recognition with graffiti displaying desecrated messages like "where is your god now?" and "Thou hast forsaken us."

PACK A PUNCHING

there is a hammer which can be found anywhere in the catacombs. Bringing this up to the bell and ringing it makes the PAP machine emerge from a random grave for 45 seconds before descending back into darkness.

BOSS ROUND

The menacing guitar note of the hellhounds echoes out into the most as the demonic announcer says slowly and angrily "Jesus... Wept..." a flash of lightning strikes the graveyard. And another. And another. One by one, the shadows emerge. As I explained in a previous post, shadows are humanoid dark Shapes that glide around you, whispering eerily. Then suddenly they shriek and fly at full speed through you, taking off with 200 points a pop. Killing (or rather, defeating) them with no points lost gives you a bonus points and ammo. Otherwise you just get ammo.

NEW WEAPON

Soul reaper

This is pretty much a wave gun, minus the ability to dual wield. Firing rings out an angelic chorus as a blast envelops the horde. They are lifted into the air as their souls are sucked out of their eyes and moths and float away, leaving the limp bodies behind.

Upgraded it becomes the X1000 A37H3R and gets more Ammo and range and such.

I Plan to submit a map idea every day guys. This is not due to lack of thought put into each; quite the opposite really. I have made it a habit of mine to design wonder waffles and maps in my spare time, so I will begin to post one daily for your viewing pleasure.

Here are a few projects I am working on or have just finished.

FOUR-ONE-ZERO

Description: Through the pollution, grime, and filth of the gritty streets I call home, something more sinister than your average gang-banger is lurking...

FIREFIGHT

description: "This... Was a fuckin' bomb droppin' on beaver-cleaver-Ville. For a few seconds... This place was Armageddon! There was a FIREFIGHT!!" (perfect recreation of the setting of my favorite movie scene.)

PENNITENTIARY

Description: "While originally intended to keep the living in, most prisons have proven to be more than effective for keeping the undead out."

-Max Brooks

NÄCHST WELLE aka COMING HOME

Description: "...In the long history of the world, only a few generations been granted the rule of defending freedom in its maximum hour of danger." -JFK

(don't worry, I worked in a plot twist that ensures that we won't be fighting undead holocaust victims regards--ExpertCoah.)

NIGHTMARE

Location: many places famous from horror films (Elm street, small town in Maine, Amityville)

Description: Imagine everything that had ever had you looking over your shoulder, or checking the closet, or under your bed each night. Now imagine it all around you. Now imagine there are zombies too.

MARBLE HORNET

Description: More than just the dead walk through these Trees... But whatever you do, Don't turn around...

"NO NO NO NO NO" "Always watches... NO EYES" "Leave me ALONE" "FOLLOWS" "DON'T LOOK OR IT TAKES YOU" "CAN'T RUN" "HELP ME"

If any of these seem interesting I will be sure to share that one first upon request.

I still believe decorated church with skulls right next to jesus 8-) himself is creepy. It brings out the end of the world theme to me.