Treyach, add more melee weapons!

Hello, its been a very very long time since I ever posted. Well anyways getting to the point,in my opinion zombies really needs more melee weapons. Now the style I play in Zombies is going straight for the bowie knife or spamming my money for a balistic knife. I do this because one: you don't lose any ammo, two: fastest way of racking points, and three: has huge damage on zombies. But theres only 3 melee weapons in the whole game, bowie/sickle knife, balisitic knife, and reg knife. SO please treyarch could you put at least one more melee weapon?

Ideas

A longe range melee weapon like a sword or shovel?

A wonder melee weapon?

Pack-a-punchable melee weapons?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Death has arrived! :twisted: (Signature reference)

This HAS been mentioned before.....a lot. I'll bet there is at least five of these threads floating around. Never-the-less, you are a newer user and are not familiar with such posts, so no harm done. In the future however, it would be best to search first, and then ask around. All of the staff are happy to answer my questions and I assure you they would answer yours. You chose a great topic to bring back up though.

I feel exactly the same as you. Not so much your examples, but I definitely want more melee weapons. Possibly even a Wunder Melee weapon. Being an avid Bowie Knife and Ballistic knife user myself, it is very hard for me to give it up on later rounds. It just simply stops killing. If there was an infinite damage knife or something of that nature, I would be so happy.

People could argue that it would be too over powered and you would get too many points, but knifing becomes quite difficult once zombies have been swarmed. I have gone down on one knife lunge because four or five zombies slapped me once. If you are putting your life on the line for a melee strike, you should end up killing it. With the view of the insane looking zombies on the trailer, I think we can all agree what OP and I are proposing, is not that far-fetched.

I'll go ahead and post on this thread too.

I like the idea of more melee weapons, but I think it could be implemented differently.

How about like a choice of three very different Melee weapons available on various walls around the map.

One would be the base type Bowie/Sickle we know and love $3000. 1 hit kill 10.

The second would be much faster yet slightly weaker variant. You would stab slightly faster than the ballistics, but would also be weaker with less reach/lunge. One could argue the increased stab rate would make it comparable to the original Bowie. Maybe like a cleaver or a fishhook. $2000 1 hit kill round 7.

The third weapon would be the heavy Melee this would be slower than with the traditional bowie, but have more power and greater reach, perhaps it even knocks them back a bit. I was thinking chainsaw (of course) but a broadsword could be cool too. $4000 1 hit kill round 14.

Also in my world you can PaP all three gaining damage and stab rate.