Original Maps Returning?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, not to be rude, but there are already lots of topics questioning whether or not we'll see the return of the old maps.

If the old maps don't return, it won't be because of the engine. It would be relatively easy for the Treyarch programmers to make the old maps compatible with the new engine. Some of them might be a bit harder due to the new engine allowing more zombies, but I welcome the challenge ;)

Seriously, not to be rude, but there are already lots of topics questioning whether or not we'll see the return of the old maps.

If the old maps don't return, it won't be because of the engine. It would be relatively easy for the Treyarch programmers to make the old maps compatible with the new engine. Some of them might be a bit harder due to the new engine allowing more zombies, but I welcome the challenge ;)

You realized you summed up most of my topic.

Well longs stories-short they are using the MP engine not campaign. So I'm no tech buff or computer expert(or monkey even), but I don't think that the originals would be compatible with the old ones because of the old engine. Hey but don't quote me I could be wrong.

As always gimme a kiss!

I believe the old maps as we know them will not be returning. If many great theorists on this site are correct, however, we have a chance of seeing:

The other levels in the Pentagon.

A new DOA

A demolished Ascension (Moon Rocket)

A demolished COTD (Moon Rocket)

A demolished and expanded NML (Moon Rocket)

None of this is confirmed and is all in theory and speculation, but if these versions did return, they would have to remake the maps anyways. It wouldn't be a problem to have these back.

Well longs stories-short they are using the MP engine not campaign. So I'm no tech buff or computer expert(or monkey even), but I don't think that the originals would be compatible with the old ones because of the old engine. Hey but don't quote me I could be wrong.

As always gimme a kiss!

I believe the old maps as we know them will not be returning. If many great theorists on this site are correct, however, we have a chance of seeing:

The other levels in the Pentagon.

A new DOA

A demolished Ascension (Moon Rocket)

A demolished COTD (Moon Rocket)

A demolished and expanded NML (Moon Rocket)

None of this is confirmed and is all in theory and speculation, but if these versions did return, they would have to remake the maps anyways. It wouldn't be a problem to have these back.

You think one of the rockets went to COTD and not Der Riese? NML and Ascension, yes, but I always thought Der Riese would be a prime target for one of those rockets.

Also, I think that even if they did include these, the classic maps SHOULD return. I don't care if I have to pay for them, I'm getting Elite anyways.

Honestly I forgot about Der Riese and decided to at least put something for the last rocket. :oops: Oh well. Honestly I don't really want the old maps on this one.. Unless they were used as the 4z4 maps. Imagine the confined areas with a hardcore type game mode. *drools a little bit*

That's exactly why I want them back. If they just brought them back for the 4 player survival mode, then what would the point be? I could just play them on Black Ops. They'd bring them back for the same reason they brought back Terminal in MW3: new experiences on an old map.