Prestiging in ZOMBIES!!!...? Extra Perk slots...ect...

Aight so obviously we cant even level up now in zombies but hear me out. Say they do add some sort of leveling/customization feature within zombies.

-I know I'm tired of having to do an entire easter egg simply to have more than 4 perks, so i feel the same way in which they allow you to have more custom classes within multiplayer, I feel they could recipricate with zombies but rather for prestiging one would gain an extra slot for perks rather than an extra custom class.

-Also along with the idea of custom classes I feel they could add some simple but definitly fun features to flesh out zombies. For one the same way you can custimize reticle color and symbols within multiplayer one should also be able to do so in zombies, such as choosing the color of a PaP guns bullet/lazer color along with various other features.

-Also when entering matches one could customize their gun selection within the game, such as if they allow for PaPing more than once one could potentially have to unlock with zombie credits(simliar to cod credits in multiplayer) to purchase the second, third, etc of a guns PaP versoins giving players something more to shoot for in zombies and unlock.

-Also one should be able to choose what specifications they get after PaPing, such as how some guns get sights, others get dual wielding, others get higher ammo capacity, one should be able to choose which changes occur on a gun...and for every time they prestige along with the extra perk slot they recieve an extra customization feature on their gun.

-Along with gun feature selections one should be able to choose what wonder-weapon they want, say instead of certain maps having certain weapons, every map could have any weapon, and you the player get to choose which gun you would like to be available in the box for you...that way I could be shooting for the scavenger, while someone else shoots for the thundergun considering some people simply have their own preference on wonder-weapons(and this is just hopeful wishing but maybe allow for more than one wonder-weapon when their are more than 5 players in a match, considering there will be an 8 player mode) and once someone gets their wonder-weapon then as normal the wonder weapon is exculded from the box that way theres not 8 wonder-weapons getting sprayed like wild fire on the map.

-Also like perks in multiplayer(not zombies) which you start a game with, one should be able to do the same for zombies, the perk-a-colas would still be on the map, but one could go into a game with traits rather than perks, such as having a higher probability of getting a good weapon in the mystery box(obviously "good weapon" is relative) or having a higher probability of getting max ammos, firesales, whichever.

-And finally, and this is somewhat unrelated to zombies but could be integrated as well, but whenever there is an opportunity as obviously this game is way too close to release, maybe their could be a system similar to halo or ranbow six vegas in which one could actually customize the look/aesthetics of their character along with the class rather than a simple preset after choosing a perk or gun class. Finally thank you sooo much for zombies and keep up the great work.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I like these ideas.

Most posts I've seen with ideas about a zombie ranking system are terrible. Like seriously, they really suck. Like they make me cry. Then I go sit in my room all depressed because people are morons and then all my friends are out my window going, "come on, Dunbar! We love you, you have so much to live for, cause you're so awesome and sexy!" And then I throw potatoes at them. and then I have no more potatoes. I wanna keep my potatoes, so I really hate it when people post terrible zombie ideas.

But these ideas are actually something I'd enjoy. I really do want zombie levels (and prestiges - finally, a CoD ranking system I'd actually max out ;) ), but I don't want them to affect the game too much. First of all, I think that it should not affect the classic 4-player survival mode AT ALL gameplay-wise. But I think that for the 4z4 multiplayer modes, it could be a nice addition. Think of it like this: for every few levels up the ranking system, you could get a "zombie token" that you could use to unlock something (extra perk slot, or a "trait" like you mentioned, etc.) By the time you reach the max level, you would have everything unlocked. Think about the style killstreaks are unlocked in MW2 and MW3. Then, you can prestige, reset it all and start all over.

Of course, there would also be challenges. And yes, of course, the basic challenges like how many zombies you kill, etc. But also, challenges for specific weapons. Running on the multiplayer engine, it's gonna be really easy to track stats like that. And then, like you said, you can customize how that gun looks in the game when Pack-a-Punched. Maybe even change up the attachment you want when it becomes Pack-a-Punched, and after completing some big challenges with a weapon (a LOT of kills with it) unlock multiple PaP's for that weapon. Now imagine being able to do that for every weapon. It would be so time consuming. Unnecessary of course, but I'd like the challenge ;)

Finally, custom characters. That would be a great addition for the 4z4. Hell, it would even be cool in the classic mode. Of course, the option to play as my hero Nikolai Belinski should still exist, but every once in a while it would be cool to play as myself. Customizing the way your character looks, maybe even recording custom lines for your character? That would be nice as ice.

Well, this post has gotten pretty long pretty fast. I probably should've made my own topic about this... But really, it was just an extension of your ideas. They're fantastic, by the way! :D

I'm totally opposed to prestige in zombies, I'm sorry. It kinda makes it annoying if you play multiplayer as well. Then you have to prestige in BOTH. Very annoying.

I'm also opposed to any customization in our current version of zombies. The 4v4 thing basically sounds like who can survive longer, get more points, and is basically the same. It makes things overall too easy, and kinda ruins things.

@TheDunbarian

Haha Thanks man...its a compilation of ideas from me and several friends so I cant take all the credit, but I feel that personalization, esepcially custom characters, would be a great addition to zombies considering the whole cod concept is playing your way... and I like your idea of challenges, such as multiplayer, where one would have to use certain guns to complete, I feel that would really incite people to experiment with different guns rather than spam the box and toss everything if its not a wonder weapon or ray gun... plus random arse side note: potatoes are awesome haha def not trying to toss me prescious potatoes or cause others to toss theirs so glad I could help...

hit me up if your ever down for zombies, gamertag is the same as my username on the forum...

Good luck on black ops 2 zombies and all its awesome goodness

@Zombieofthedead

I understand your concerns with customization changing zombies... but you wouldnt have to prestige or do anything you dont wish to...the only thing prestiging/customization would do is help the individual...it really wouldnt affect your gameplay or others as all forms of persoanlization are just that...not game changers and in the end your fighting zombies not each other...(although playing with randoms you would sometimes think the opposite)so characther customization wouldnt to any high regard imede your experience...all it could do is enhance it...and thats only if you wish for them to...your not penalized for not customizing...

I'm totally opposed to prestige in zombies, I'm sorry. It kinda makes it annoying if you play multiplayer as well. Then you have to prestige in BOTH. Very annoying.

Who says you have to? I really can't understand how something that you have never tried could be annoying when it doesn't even exist.

I really do want a zombie rank up and prestiege system, but give the benifits to multiplayer instead. While I am all for ranking up, I don't feel like it is a good idea to make the game easier for people who play zombies more. It makes sense to give people new guns and such to multiplayer people because that is the whole reason to rank up on any multiplayer game. With zombies however, the only thing that makes you different than another player is your own growing skill and playstyle, and I really like that. No "OMG that gun is soooooo overpowerrrred" in zombies. The custumization part I am all for, but extra perk slots and other gameplay bonuses are too much. I would love to unlock the Pack-a-Pumch Camo for use in multiplayer.

Let me just say that I really love the idea of prestiging in zombies, though I've haven't really been able to come up with ideas on how they could do it beyond giving you extra perk slots.

But you sir have come up with a really thought out thread that would, in my eyes, almost perfectly implement prestige/leveling up in zombies. Sure, with this system you have created, there lies a lot more potential in what they could do with it, which is great because this provides a really good base.

My suggestion to your fantastic idea, make leveling up a doozy. I don't want to be leveling up once or twice, maybe even more, every match. I want it to take a really long time to max out. That way, you give something for players to strive for probably for the entire game's lifespan. And also that some players just don't instantly max out and possibly give them an advantage in the leaderboards.

This would truly separate the better players from the trolls. I don't always trust only being able to look at what their highest round is on the leaderboard to determine if they're a good player. Here's hoping Treyarch has already implemented something like this. :D

I think that the few gameplay advantages suggested so far really don't provide that much of an advantage. Maybe cap the extra perk slots at two or three, so you can't become a TOTAL beast. I'm sure they'll be adding more perks, so even with six or seven slots there will still be plenty of picking and choosing.

Extra Pack-a-Punches would only be unlocked one weapon at a time, and you would have to use that particular weapon A LOT. Compare it to unlocking gold camo for a gun in MW3, only this would actually be useful :lol:

Also, you wouldn't HAVE to prestige. It would just be an option for hardcore zombie players. I, personally, know I'm maxing that crap out as soon as possible.

hit me up if your ever down for zombies, gamertag is the same as my username on the forum...

Might have to do that, my gamertag is the same as on the forum but with a space in the name: The Dunbarian