Shangri La's Arctic Location - Admiral Byrd's Secret Flight

Shooter

So there's been alot of talk lately from Treyarch Zombie developers about Shangri La. Multiple times, they mention a range of mountains. These tweets get us theorists thinking.

Secondly, huge thanks for Mix for uploading the picture of the Vril cover with the mountain range. It's what really got me thinking on this, which lead to doing some searching on Google. I stumbled upon a very interesting article. It is the "secret" diary log of Admiral Byrd. Some of you may have heard of this, but here's is some background information on Admiral Byrd and radio log from his lost flight.

Admiral Richard E. Byrd

At 09:10 Hours, Byrd makes note of the ice and snow below, as you would expect to see in the Arctic territory. However something is off. The snow appears to have a strange hue of colors coming from it. The admiral makes note of the strange appearance, and radios to basecamp his findings. And that's when things get weird.

Make note of the electrical and mechanical problems he experiences right before he gets within view of the mountain range. Even from a great distance, all navigational equipment ceases to work

0915 Hours- In the distance is what appears to be mountains.

0949 Hours- 29 minutes elapsed flight time from the first sighting of the mountains, it is no illusion. They are mountains and consisting of a small range that I have never seen before!

Here's where Treyarch's recent twitter activity comes into play. As you can see, Byrd is making quite a big deal about "mountains" as well as mentioning the "range of mountains". Now, let's take a look at some of the Dev's recent tweets:

Notice all the hype on the mountains? They are trying to bring attention to the mountains as being very significant. Just as the mountains are significant when Admiral Byrd see them for the first time. These mountains can be seen outside the map of Shangri La, concealing it from the outside world of snow and ice.

0955 Hours- Altitude change to 2950 feet, encountering strong turbulence again.

1000 Hours- We are crossing over the small mountain range and still proceeding northward as best as can be ascertained. Beyond the mountain range is what appears to be a valley with a small river or stream running through the center portion. There should be no green valley below! Something is definitely wrong and abnormal here! We should be over Ice and Snow! To the portside are great forests growing on the mountain slopes. Our navigation Instruments are still spinning, the gyroscope is oscillating back and forth!

Now, let's review two images from Shangri La depicting similiar images described in Byrd's journal:

Note the valley in the background, and the mountain range just beyond that. The mountain range can be a bit hard to see on the comic strip, it's the blue outline on top of the left page.

1005 Hours- I alter altitude to 1400 feet and execute a sharp left turn to better examine the valley below. It is green with either moss or a type of tight knit grass. The Light here seems different. I cannot see the Sun anymore. We make another left turn and we spot what seems to be a large animal of some kind below us. It appears to be an elephant! NO!!! It looks more like a mammoth! This is incredible! Yet, there it is! Decrease altitude to 1000 feet and take binoculars to better examine the animal. It is confirmed - it is definitely a mammoth-like animal! Report this to base camp.

An elephant or mammoth like animal below, Byrd reports. Anyone recall the elephant noise being heard on Call of the Dead? Perhaps Treyarch had been pointing this out since CotD.

Noise is at 42 seconds. Listen closely.0pu5RlcmqD4

1030 Hours- Encountering more rolling green hills now. The external temperature indicator reads 74 degrees Fahrenheit! Continuing on our heading now. Navigation instruments seem normal now. I am puzzled over their actions. Attempt to contact base camp. Radio is not functioning!

1130 Hours- Countryside below is more level and normal (if I may use that word). Ahead we spot what seems to be a city!!!! This is impossible! Aircraft seems light and oddly buoyant. The controls refuse to respond!! My GOD!!! Off our port and starboard wings are a strange type of aircraft. They are closing rapidly alongside! They are disc-shaped and have a radiant quality to them. They are close enough now to see the markings on them. It is a type of Swastika!!! This is fantastic. Where are we!? What has happened? I tug at the controls again. They will not respond!!!! We are caught in an invisible vice grip of some type!

If it was a Nazi swastika, he would have simply stated that. He was quite familiar with the symbol, as WW2 had just ended a year and a half ago, which Byrd served in. I believe the swastika he was referring to was more like this:

These symbols are seen on the doors of Shangri La. Notice the connection?

1135 Hours- Our radio crackles and a voice comes through in English with what perhaps is a slight Nordic or Germanic accent! The message is: 'Welcome, Admiral, to our domain. We shall land you in exactly seven minutes! Relax, Admiral, you are in good hands.' I note the engines of our plane have stopped running! The aircraft is under some strange control and is now turning itself. The controls are useless.

1140 Hours- Another radio message received. We begin the landing process now, and in moments the plane shudders slightly, and begins a descent as though caught in some great unseen elevator! The downward motion is negligible, and we touch down with only a slight jolt!

Note how they lose control of the aircraft and all electronic devices fail. Navigational equipment cannot function properly either. Almost reminds me of a "Bermuda Triangle" of sorts.

1145 Hours- I am making a hasty last entry in the flight log. Several men are approaching on foot toward our aircraft. They are tall with blond hair. In the distance is a large shimmering city pulsating with rainbow hues of color. I do not know what is going to happen now, but I see no signs of weapons on those approaching. I hear now a voice ordering me by name to open the cargo door. I comply.

END LOG

From this point I write all the following events here from memory. It defies the imagination and would seem all but madness if it had not happened.

The radioman and I are taken from the aircraft and we are received in a most cordial manner. We were then boarded on a small platform-like conveyance with no wheels! It moves us toward the glowing city with great swiftness. As we approach, the city seems to be made of a crystal material.

The last words are interesting. A crystal material. Sounds familiar when we think about the Shangri La quotes:

Brock: "Oh wonderful! There’s some kind of crystal rising from the floor!"

Takeo: "A crystal rises, the plum blossom swirls in autumn twilight"

Nikolai: “Whoa, why is there a crystal in the mountain?” - quest_step4

Richtofen: “And a crystal rises!” – quest_step1_8

Richtofen: “I hear a crystal rising!” – quest_step2_4

The next question is why Admiral Byrd? Who the heck is Admiral Byrd and why is his account so significant. Well it seems Byrd has had previous experience with a "flying saucer" (remember the "Master" stated they sent UFO's to observe the damage from WW2) as well as 3 German U-boat sent on a secret mission at the end of the war. Byrd had has multiple experiences with these Inner Earth "beings".

U- Boat 530 volunteered to surrender in Argentina at Mar del Plata, after it unloaded and hid an undisclosed amount of cargo, including billions of dollars in gold and silver. U- Boat 209 however escaped capture and never returned, or at least not for some time.

JbxqLFUOQ5o

4:20 Hitler and Hollow Earth Connection

5:30 German U-boats in Antartic Waters. Listen to the story about U-boat 209 that dissappeared. Is this the same submarine we see in CotD?

Part3

iQ9uose9R7U

0:25 Admiral Byrd is followed by a star UFO

I understand not all of this about the submarine at CotD fits. But the point is this. It would appear Treyarch might be following the adventures of Admiral Byrd as he has had interactions with the people of Inner Earth. He has had experiences at both the North and South Pole, which is believed to be the two main entrances to Agartha:

Admiral Byrd may be much more significant than we first thought.

So there you have it. Treyarch's best kept secret is out.

Shangri La is located in the Arctic region of the North Pole.

Shooter

Sources:

http://www.v-j-enterprises.com/byrdiar.html

http://www.phfawcettsweb.org/byrd.htm

http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/NWO/Vril_Society.htm

http://www.thetruthbehindthescenes.org/ ... antartica/

http://www.ourhollowearth.com/GermanU-209.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_E._Byrd

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/ha ... file17.htm

P.S.: I'm still adding to this. There's still stuff I have to edit in. I'd just like to get this out while the discussion is fresh and relevant.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent thread. Now, while I haven't thoroughly read all of it, I must say that each of the main points you made was well supported, and as hard as it is for me to really visualize Shangri-La in an existing location (as opposed to a mythical place like Wonderland), your thread and Tac's are both very well researched. I need to really start thinking about what is truly possible and plausible. Great work bro.

Ehj~

P.S. The red is a little hard on the eyes. Any way you wouldn't mind changing it? Thanks!

This is a very well thought out thread - it does seem likely that treyarch has taken some creative liberty with Admiral Byrd's adventures.

However... I have to say that the odds are stacked against this theory and here's why:

a. The "secret flight" of Admiral Byrd is a hoax. It wasn't written by Byrd, it's pretty much garbage to be perfectly honest.

In 1928 Admiral Byrd published his account of the 1926 North polar flight in a book titled Skyward. On page 196 Byrd reveals the following information:

“When our calculations showed us to be about an hour from the Pole, I noticed through the cabin window a bad leak in the oil tank of the starboard motor. When I took the wheel again I kept my eyes glued on the oil leak and the oil pressure indicator.”

Compare this information to the following passage from the so-called “secret diary.”

(Page 2) “--- Hours: Slight oil leak in starboard engine, oil pressure indicator seems normal, however.”

also

“You, my son, (said the Master), “will live through the storm. You will preserve the fragrance of our history and add to it a touch of your own mind. Beyond that, my vision weakens … but I see in the great distance a new world starting in the ruins … But in hopefulness, seeking it’s lost and legendary treasures, and they will all be here, my son, hidden behind the mountains under the blue moon, preserved as if by a miracle…”

-1937 MGM motion picture “Lost Horizon,” where the protagonist is talking to the Dali Lama

“Yes, my son,” replied the Master, “the dark ages that will come for your race will cover the Earth like a pall, but I believe that some of your race will live through the storm, beyond that I cannot say. We see a great distance a new world stirring from the ruins of your race, seeking its lost and legendary treasures, and they will be here my son, safe in our keeping…”

-The Secret Diary of Admiral Richard Evelyn Byrd, published sometime after 1950

so pretty blatant plagiarism there... also needless to say that a plane flight over the North Pole at any time in February would only result in total darkness, as it is dark 24 hours a day for several months (one of the months being February).

b. the beings are tall and blond in the Secret Diary, the zombies in the map shangri la are normal height and have dark hair...

I feel like I'm nit picking, but for real this is a well put together thread, and I'm not opposed to the idea of Treyarch following some aspects of Byrd v COTD x Shangri La - but I just don't think this is what Jimmy Zielinski was getting at. I don't think that these beings Byrd allegedly met were/are the inhabitants of the BO map Shangri La, and I don't think just because Byrd saw a mountain range that it automatically makes it the "Shangri La Mountains" Jimmy was talking about.

This is a very well thought out thread - it does seem likely that treyarch has taken some creative liberty with Admiral Byrd's adventures.

However... I have to say that the odds are stacked against this theory and here's why:

a. The "secret flight" of Admiral Byrd is a hoax. It wasn't written by Byrd, it's pretty much garbage to be perfectly honest.

In 1928 Admiral Byrd published his account of the 1926 North polar flight in a book titled Skyward. On page 196 Byrd reveals the following information:

“When our calculations showed us to be about an hour from the Pole, I noticed through the cabin window a bad leak in the oil tank of the starboard motor. When I took the wheel again I kept my eyes glued on the oil leak and the oil pressure indicator.”

Compare this information to the following passage from the so-called “secret diary.”

(Page 2) “--- Hours: Slight oil leak in starboard engine, oil pressure indicator seems normal, however.”

So you're saying it was just copied from his 1928 flight simply because the pre flight checks were similiar? I'm not quite sure what you're getting at? If that's the case though just remember that ALL pre flight checks would be the same or very similiar. That's the whole reason they do the checks and check off all the same things everytime. I don't know, perhaps I'm not understanding what you're trying to say?

also

“You, my son, (said the Master), “will live through the storm. You will preserve the fragrance of our history and add to it a touch of your own mind. Beyond that, my vision weakens … but I see in the great distance a new world starting in the ruins … But in hopefulness, seeking it’s lost and legendary treasures, and they will all be here, my son, hidden behind the mountains under the blue moon, preserved as if by a miracle…”

-1937 MGM motion picture “Lost Horizon,” where the protagonist is talking to the Dali Lama

“Yes, my son,” replied the Master, “the dark ages that will come for your race will cover the Earth like a pall, but I believe that some of your race will live through the storm, beyond that I cannot say. We see a great distance a new world stirring from the ruins of your race, seeking its lost and legendary treasures, and they will be here my son, safe in our keeping…”

so pretty blatant plagiarism there... also needless to say that a plane flight over the North Pole at any time in February would only result in total darkness, as it is dark 24 hours a day for several months (one of the months being February).

This whole world is filled with plaigirsim my friend. Hell you know how many times the plot of Romeo and Juliet has been used in movies? Two people from battling group fall in love. Yeah, that's only happened a 1000 times :lol: . But people don't just say, this is plaigirism. I think this to be just as much a coincidence as plaigirism.

I see a striking similarity between the two passages yes, especially with some of the choice words, but beyond that it just sounds like their explaining a similiar situatuion. Whether you see it as plaigirism or similiar ideas is really up to the reader. Perhaps it is plaigirism.

But that's beyond the point. The point you're trying to make is that the "secret diary" is fictional. My question for you is, so what?

Treyarch has based the story of Zombies, to an extent, on the Vril Ya. An ancient civilization discussed in the FICTIONAL book The Coming Race. They have no problem basing the story of zombies around fictional stories. In fact, Treyarch probably prefers these fictional stories that seem true so they have room to add their own ideas or concepts, while still having a somewhat "reliable" source.

I don't believe Byrd's "secret flight" really happened, but in the world of Zombies, it did.

b. the beings are tall and blond in the Secret Diary, the zombies in the map shangri la are normal height and have dark hair...

[ Image ]

I feel like I'm nit picking, but for real this is a well put together thread, and I'm not opposed to the idea of Treyarch following some aspects of Byrd v COTD x Shangri La - but I just don't think this is what Jimmy Zielinski was getting at. I don't think that these beings Byrd allegedly met were/are the inhabitants of the BO map Shangri La, and I don't think just because Byrd saw a mountain range that it automatically makes it the "Shangri La Mountains" Jimmy was talking about.

That's my point, I believe Treyarch is using parts of Byrd's stories to base the story of zombies. Some things they add on their own to better suit the maps: Russian symbols on Subs, Asain zombies in SL. It just seems like too much of a coincidence that Byrd's stories relate so much to things happening in zombies.

I'd also just like to add that theorizing isn't easy. It takes alot of time and research. The best we can do is provide members with a theory, using as many sources of evidence to make the theory seem more and more plausible. The best we can do is defend our ideas with as much supporting evidence as possible.

It's much easier to tear apart someone else's theory than to create one of your own.

That being said, I'd just like to thank you for taking the time to read the thread and discuss it with me. There's nothing worse for a Theorist to write a thread just to have no one read it or discuss it.

[brains]

So you're saying it was just copied from his 1928 flight simply because the pre flight checks were similiar? I'm not quite sure what you're getting at? If that's the case though just remember that ALL pre flight checks would be the same or very similiar. That's the whole reason they do the checks and check off all the same things everytime. I don't know, perhaps I'm not understanding what you're trying to say?

also

This whole world is filled with plaigirsim my friend. Hell you know how many times the plot of Romeo and Juliet has been used in movies? Two people from battling group fall in love. Yeah, that's only happened a 1000 times :lol: . But people don't just say, this is plaigirism. I think this to be just as much a coincidence as plaigirism.

I see a striking similarity between the two passages yes, especially with some of the choice words, but beyond that it just sounds like their explaining a similiar situatuion. Whether you see it as plaigirism or similiar ideas is really up to the reader. Perhaps it is plaigirism.

But that's beyond the point. The point you're trying to make is that the "secret diary" is fictional. My question for you is, so what?

Treyarch has based the story of Zombies, to an extent, on the Vril Ya. An ancient civilization discussed in the FICTIONAL book The Coming Race. They have no problem basing the story of zombies around fictional stories. In fact, Treyarch probably prefers these fictional stories that seem true so they have room to add their own ideas or concepts, while still having a somewhat "reliable" source.

I don't believe Byrd's "secret flight" really happened, but in the world of Zombies, it did.

[ Image ]

That's my point, I believe Treyarch is using parts of Byrd's stories to base the story of zombies. Some things they add on their own to better suit the maps: Russian symbols on Subs, Asain zombies in SL. It just seems like too much of a coincidence that Byrd's stories relate so much to things happening in zombies.

I'd also just like to add that theorizing isn't easy. It takes alot of time and research. The best we can do is provide members with a theory, using as many sources of evidence to make the theory seem more and more plausible. The best we can do is defend our ideas with as much supporting evidence as possible.

It's much easier to tear apart someone else's theory than to create one of your own.

That being said, I'd just like to thank you for taking the time to read the thread and discuss it with me. There's nothing worse for a Theorist to write a thread just to have no one read it or discuss it.

[brains]

Oh man I love these theories, and honestly I think this one is more plausible then the Mars theory - no doubt whatsoever. I hope it didn't seem like I was tearing it apart, I just wanted to relay that the specific secret diary you were referencing may not be the best source. (and when I say source, I mean in the fictional realm of zombie-lore, meaning that even as a fictional work it's not accurate to the theory because it wasn't written by Byrd - discrediting the link you say between zombies and Byrd in this specific instance.) Does that make sense? Basically, this specific diary is a hoax - and even though technically it's all fake (because it's fictional) this is diary a fake fake (not in the double negative way, like it's fake because it's fiction and then it's fake because it's not even by Byrd)

With the first part where you were confused about the 1928 quote, I was showing an example of Byrd's earlier writing to compare with the alleged secret diary writing. The two are night and day, as you can see that Byrd is a scholarly man who writes in full sentences - lest we want to argue that he was really jotting all this down while the plane did all this crazy stuff.

With the "master" quote I think that the words are obviously telling of the fact that it could have been copied, but more so the context. Speaking with the Dali Lama, the master - it's easy to see how the writer of the alleged secret diary could have taken advantage of the quote by stealing it.

Yeah I was trying to come off as my point being more so: I think the mountain range in the alleged account of Byrd's secret diary is not the mountain range Jimmy mentioned in his tweet.

when it comes to zombies I fully understand that fiction, physics, and general know-how flies out the window to an extent... I JUST WANNA KNOW WHAT THE HECK JIMMY WANTS US TO KNOW.

There a couple options with the main one being the city. He mentions a shimmering city with rainbow hues of color. Shangri-la had no radient light source being emmited out of it. In fact he mentions he cannot see the sun where he is, and the city is in the distance. Why would there be a city in Antarctica? It does seem odd, but could hint toward the next map.

There a couple options with the main one being the city. He mentions a shimmering city with rainbow hues of color. Shangri-la had no radient light source being emmited out of it. In fact he mentions he cannot see the sun where he is, and the city is in the distance. Why would there be a city in Antarctica? It does seem odd, but could hint toward the next map.

He notes the rainbow colored snow way before reaching the mountains just outside Shangri La. I think part of the city may have been below the snow and ice that he passed over early in his mission.

Like you said he doesn't mention rainbow colors when he crosses over mountains, jungle, and see the city in foreground. It's not until they take an "invisible" elevator down in their aircraft. It says it took them 7 minutes to land, and then they took another elevator down "for some time". It's not until he gets to the bottom of that elevator that he sees the colors of Inner Earth.

The mention of the crystal building seems to be right below the Earth or part of Shangri La itself. Hence why there's so much mention of crysal during the Shangri La quotes ("The crystal is rising!")

I don't know, the story just seems so interesting considering some of the similarities.

Oh man I love these theories, and honestly I think this one is more plausible then the Mars theory - no doubt whatsoever. I hope it didn't seem like I was tearing it apart, I just wanted to relay that the specific secret diary you were referencing may not be the best source. (and when I say source, I mean in the fictional realm of zombie-lore, meaning that even as a fictional work it's not accurate to the theory because it wasn't written by Byrd - discrediting the link you say between zombies and Byrd in this specific instance.) Does that make sense? Basically, this specific diary is a hoax - and even though technically it's all fake (because it's fictional) this is diary a fake fake (not in the double negative way, like it's fake because it's fiction and then it's fake because it's not even by Byrd)

With the first part where you were confused about the 1928 quote, I was showing an example of Byrd's earlier writing to compare with the alleged secret diary writing. The two are night and day, as you can see that Byrd is a scholarly man who writes in full sentences - lest we want to argue that he was really jotting all this down while the plane did all this crazy stuff.

With the "master" quote I think that the words are obviously telling of the fact that it could have been copied, but more so the context. Speaking with the Dali Lama, the master - it's easy to see how the writer of the alleged secret diary could have taken advantage of the quote by stealing it.

Yeah I was trying to come off as my point being more so: I think the mountain range in the alleged account of Byrd's secret diary is not the mountain range Jimmy mentioned in his tweet.

when it comes to zombies I fully understand that fiction, physics, and general know-how flies out the window to an extent... I JUST WANNA KNOW WHAT THE HECK JIMMY WANTS US TO KNOW.

Oh get what you're saying now. Because Byrd isn't the author, the source might be off. I gotcha.

Well I think regardless of the author, the novel still exist. And it will always be linked to Byrd regardless if he actually even wrote it. Perhaps Byrd was chosen as the character because of his past experience with the first UFO and the U boats in Antarctica.

I'm pretty sure he didn't write it either, but the novel is about him and his trip to Inner Earth. He's linked to it whether he likes it or not. :lol:

Byrd just happen to be a good person to base it on with the whole U boat experience and then this novel based on him. How much they're taking from him is unclear, but it sure seems like they are.