You are absolutely correct yeti. I did say ALL opinions are accepted. I apologize for my reaction, but that was a whole lot of "!!!!!!!!". I can see the problems you present, but as Mega said,

Why would a 5-10 minute break potentially every two hours, be bad? You can't sleep in that time. It won't make it any more or less likely that you will down next round.

I think the option recently discussed would not be a bad idea for anyone. Even if you are on a high round,(in my case anyway)after taking a break, you are not as warmed up as you previously were. Your mind was taken off zombies and focused on the matter at hand. I come back from breaks on solo, after doing very well, and die because I failed to keep my rhythm. I know some people can do it no problem, but I am sure taking a break would hinder you more than help.

That is impressive though, 99 in 18 hours. I don't know if I could stand that much game time with no breaks. Look at it this way though, if you did take breaks(like we are talking about)would you have made it in that time limit? No. It would have taken a lot longer. Fact is, most people don't make it that far, for the simple fact it takes too long. I don't see how adding a five minute break in there for the average player, IN A PRIVATE MATCH, would make people want to push for 99. It would take even longer than a normal game.

There will always be those who cheat or hack their way to the leaderboards. You can't prevent that. You also can't make your decisions about things being implemented, based on that. If that were the case, a lot of things could have been left out for the simple fear of manipulation. It will happen. That doesn't mean you should take away from the majority of the population on zombies. If you made it to 99, more power to you, and mad respect. Most people make it to about 40 or 50. I mean look at this site. Those who have proven their leaderboards, and have a medal, are often in the 40 category. For those of you with skills and TIME to make it further, why not have a break for your casual gameplay?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matches with randoms however (or sometimes even friends :lol: ) can be plagued with uncooperative crawler killers, or mic-less players who either don't understand that you need a break, or simple have differing ideology. The 5-10 minute break theory with random matches would work, as it isn't ridiculously long, it isn't ridiculously common, and gives everyone a safe guaranteed time to use the bathroom, grab a drink, eat a sandwich, walk their fish, etc...

[tab][/tab]In reality it really is a minor thing yes. As much as I would love a full on pause feature to use at anytime for any time limit in co-op, I do understand yeti's points against it, and they make sense. However I cannot begin to talk about how many mad dashes to the bathroom I've made while playing with randoms. So I would support a small pause every now and then, completely.

There will always be those who cheat or hack their way to the leaderboards. You can't prevent that. You also can't make your decisions about things being implemented, based on that. If that were the case, a lot of things could have been left out for the simple fear of manipulation. It will happen. That doesn't mean you should take away from the majority of the population on zombies. If you made it to 99, more power to you, and mad respect. Most people make it to about 40 or 50. I mean look at this site. Those who have proven their leaderboards, and have a medal, are often in the 40 category. For those of you with skills and TIME to make it further, why not have a break for your casual gameplay?

It sounds a little bit like you contradicted yourself, but I'm not sure, I just woke up. In any case what you said about most good players going 40-50 rounds is about right, hell most of my games die around 42 either way. So on the point of there being a pause option it really doesn't need to be implemented, simply because when most players that games end in those rounds they normally make crawlers like every round and take breaks, get drinks, take a piss, etc, etc. It would be pretty much unnecessary.

Unless they gimme an 8 hour pause so me and my bud can get some sleep and we wake up the next day and go to 99 then sure they could implement it but it probably wouldn't be used as much really.

I see no contradiction, I think you're just tired. Again, my want for this feature is to make matches with randoms a little more bearable. Now that I think about it however, if they add in solo leader boards, I think they should take out the pause function on solo. Otherwise it really isn't a very equal playing ground between the two.

Yea you're probably right, but Solo is solo and pretty much will never be on equal playing ground with Co-op simply because of the pause function, but still I think a leaderboard should be there. I can't count the number of times where I've went into a random match, checked the leaderboard, see this guy only make it to round 15 but says "dude I've made it to 60 solo" and I go "I'm sure you did, little engine that could" and leave anyway. Just saying a solo leaderboard would really help find good team-mates. And even still with the pause function there are people who can't make it to round 100 (personally just not interested in going past 50-60 range) even with the pause function because as someone said, it does make you lose rhythm sometimes. And that can cause you to lose your score. Just saying, show solo lovers some love :D .

[tab][/tab]Matches with randoms however (or sometimes even friends :lol: ) can be plagued with uncooperative crawler killers, or mic-less players who either don't understand that you need a break, or simple have differing ideology. The 5-10 minute break theory with random matches would work, as it isn't ridiculously long, it isn't ridiculously common, and gives everyone a safe guaranteed time to use the bathroom, grab a drink, eat a sandwich, walk their fish, etc...

This is exactly correct. The 5/10 minute break idea I presented above would be a very beneficial tool in random lobbies. I've had plenty of times where I went to the bathroom, a non-mic random has killed my crawler, and I come back to find myself dead.

It would have no effect on the really long games. Only really useful if you wanted a crawler to do something quick and failed to make one.

I think Treyarch should understand the length of even casual games at this point and add in something like the above simply out of courtesy. I mean staring at a screen for that long without a break is bad for your eyes (not to mention could induce an epileptic seizure in some people). We'll all be wearing coke bottle glasses after BO II, thanks Treyarch.

One last thing, building upon the 5/10 break idea, what if the breaks stacked if not used? What I mean is suppose you are trying to go real far on a map with a friend. You hit two hours, get the 5/10 minute break option, and both select no. Two hours more pass, now you have the option to take a 10/20 minute break. If you select no again, after two more hours you have the option to take a 15/30 minute break. And so on.

The important thing here is now it's beneficial to both high round runs and random lobbies. But it does not impact high round runs enough to allow something like sleeping. Even to take a 3 hour snooze you would need to play for 36 straight hours on 5 minute breaks. Or 18 straight hours on 10 minute breaks.

Now a medium sized break like 30 minutes is very attainable and allows the whole team to break at the same time. Breaking at the same time is a big advantage over having to use crawlers.

I really hope to see something similar in BO II.

It would have no effect on the really long games. Only really useful if you wanted a crawler to do something quick and failed to make one.

I think Treyarch should understand the length of even casual games at this point and add in something like the above simply out of courtesy. I mean staring at a screen for that long without a break is bad for your eyes (not to mention could induce an epileptic seizure in some people). We'll all be wearing coke bottle glasses after BO II, thanks Treyarch.

One last thing, building upon the 5/10 break idea, what if the breaks stacked if not used? What I mean is suppose you are trying to go real far on a map with a friend. You hit two hours, get the 5/10 minute break option, and both select no. Two hours more pass, now you have the option to take a 10/20 minute break. If you select no again, after two more hours you have the option to take a 15/30 minute break. And so on.

The important thing here is now it's beneficial to both high round runs and random lobbies. But it does not impact high round runs enough to allow something like sleeping. Even to take a 3 hour snooze you would need to play for 36 straight hours on 5 minute breaks. Or 18 straight hours on 10 minute breaks.

Now a medium sized break like 30 minutes is very attainable and allows the whole team to break at the same time. Breaking at the same time is a big advantage over having to use crawlers.

I really hope to see something similar in BO II.

Well said. I like the stacking thing. I think there should be a max though. Maybe it starts at 5 minutes, and it ends at 30 minutes. I think anyone would be able to deal with whatever may arise in about 30 minutes. You always have the option of making a crawler if you just need to get a drink or something. You could ask around and see if anyone desperately needs a break, if not, you stack it. I like this a lot. [brains] to you sir.

I hate this idea. If you have to go do stuff all the time or you absolutely have to go mid round play solo. Or just do what everyone does now and make a crawler at the end of the round and go do what you have to do. If you fail at protecting your teammate then thats your fault. If they add a pause option then I know there will be multiple 99s within the first few days of the game. Its just not a challenge anymore if you can pause. Im scared that treyarch will read these posts and actually think this is a good idea!!! The thing thats hard about co-op is the fact that you cant pause it! It will completely ruin zombies for me and alot of other people if they add a pause option!!! Also dont argue with me(like I know you all will)saying how im wrong and I am not being reasonable because really adding a pause option is not reaonable to any of the "good" zombie players.

this is why I suggested that pausing is a great option to have available, but NOT for leaderboard ranked games. that way those who want the option to pause mid game can do so, they just can't do it to contribute towards high leaderboard rankings

also, the option should only be available in private matches, can you imagine what a clusterfuck it would be in public matches with randoms? lol pandemonium