Does any one know Algorithm of the Mystery Box?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always seen it as a random number generator. When the box spawns, it picks weapons to fill slots 0-9. When someone hits it, it automatically selects a number and gives you that gun. The whole process of the guns changing in front of your eyes is just for show.

I remember that I once read a thread about something with code + box. But it was pretty useless.

I think it's completely random, equal chance for all guns.

However, there might be something with it. For example, in Shangri, it feels to me, that the JGB is given you very early or very late: either within the first few hits, or then not before the 5th box location. But that's all speculation.

As I said, after believing and inventing and declining many theories: My final result is: Completely random, equal chance for all gun at any time and situation. Except that there are some guns, that only one dude can hold at the a time of course.

I remember that I once read a thread about something with code + box. But it was pretty useless.

I think it's completely random, equal chance for all guns.

However, there might be something with it. For example, in Shangri, it feels to me, that the JGB is given you very early or very late: either within the first few hits, or then not before the 5th box location. But that's all speculation.

In shangri-la once I wanted to get ray gun and m&s for the first 40 rounds but I got the jgb first hit so I put it back in and hit the box mid round until about 28 and I got the jgb back 9 times by 28! I finally got a ray gun and my friend got it 3 times before he got the ray gun. That would have been enough recycles to probably get to 90 or more.