NML: 305 kills with the telepad strategy {WR}

Hey guys, so I on my No Man's Land High Kill Analysis thread that I would go for 300+ kills using the teleporter strategy on No Man's Land, to confirm the effectiveness of quickly killing small groups to get up to 100 kills after a 90 second PaP (using no more than 8 shots).

Highest amount of kills ever gained using the telepad strategy, previously 300 by MatoMaster21. This is something I've been trying to achieve for quite a while, the main thing that was needed was a little improvement in my PaP-to-Jugg strategy.

From personal experience, getting 300 kills on the telepad is just as difficult as getting about 330-340 using the back pool or side drop.

lQMkXHWJFF0

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man, yeah definitely the side drop and back pool are always gonna be a more efficient strategy for getting high amounts of kills, most 300 players tend to struggle getting much more than 280 kills out of the telepad. Just felt like pushing some boundaries with the telepad strategy, been wanting to do this for quite some time but only recently figured out the key to getting really good starts to set up these sorts of games.

I'm just comparing this to my NML runs, and when you do 300+ like so on the pad, why the f* do i not get 300 at the backpool or sidedrop?

I think I located the problem now with your help between pap and jug, but... what needs to be done differently? Argh, Doom on you, Mr. NML!!

Cheers guys, hopefully the general high kill record is next ;) I know exactly what needs to be done to get me there, gonna be tough but doable.

I'm just comparing this to my NML runs, and when you do 300+ like so on the pad, why the f* do i not get 300 at the backpool or sidedrop?

I think I located the problem now with your help between pap and jug, but... what needs to be done differently? Argh, Doom on you, Mr. NML!!

Yeah between PaP and jugg everything has to be quick quick quick, stick 'n' move ;)

I was checking something out - you put your guns in 10 seconds after my 2nd game in my video, had 6 less kills but still ended up at around the same kills as me at the same time of 2:45, albeit you used 1 more bullet than me (before the crazy 2!).

I just sense that there is a limit, and it's basically around 100ish kills for 2:45. Maybe as much as 110. As far as I can see if you had had my start, you would be at least 7 kills up when you started the kite. Plus 10 seconds better of. The fact you caught that up says something to me but I'm not really sure what. I feel that even with my start you would have ended up in the same position. It's almost as if the first few spawns after PAP even themselves out in a strange way. I agree with the methodology of using 1 bullet on smaller groups in certain circumstances but the issue is ammo wastage. The stupid thing is that could be completely irrelevant - If you need 10 bullets to kill the final hoard that you possibly can, and 10 minimum does it matter if you are 2 bullets short or 10? - you are still short.

Yeah I think it comes down to preferance, it could seem like wasting ammo but you're getting more kills while they're still weak by not waiting for large groups. A couple of times I managed to squeeze 110+ with 7-8 shots by 2:45 today, but it needs some really quick spawning for that to happen.

I've actually found the best method for me is a combination between mine and Choppers. Blast some half groups with 1 shot each, 3 shots or thereabouts for Jugg at 2:15-2:30 with 80+ kills, then gather a group, 2 shots, 100+ kills by about 2:45 with about 5 shots used.

I was checking something out - you put your guns in 10 seconds after my 2nd game in my video, had 6 less kills but still ended up at around the same kills as me at the same time of 2:45, albeit you used 1 more bullet than me (before the crazy 2!).

I just sense that there is a limit, and it's basically around 100ish kills for 2:45. Maybe as much as 110. As far as I can see if you had had my start, you would be at least 7 kills up when you started the kite. Plus 10 seconds better of. The fact you caught that up says something to me but I'm not really sure what. I feel that even with my start you would have ended up in the same position. It's almost as if the first few spawns after PAP even themselves out in a strange way. I agree with the methodology of using 1 bullet on smaller groups in certain circumstances but the issue is ammo wastage. The stupid thing is that could be completely irrelevant - If you need 10 bullets to kill the final hoard that you possibly can, and 10 minimum does it matter if you are 2 bullets short or 10? - you are still short.

I agree with chopper, the cap for 2:45 is around 110 or 115, and I'd say the cap for 6/6/40 is between 140-150. Superhands said it, if you can hit 110 with around 4 or 5 bullets used, you are off to an awesome start :D

Edit: it has been realized by myself (awkward wording?) that the actual max is around 180, maybe a bit more by 6/6/40. Wayyy more than what i though it was. Thanks to Super for this realization :) his PaP strat is amazing!