Mustang and Sally: tips on how to properly use it?

Hey all?

I just have a question about the upgraded M1911 - Mustang and Sally: It is a very powerful weapon (one of my favorites), but obviously you can kill yourself with it quite easily, so how do you properly use it? Any tips on usage by not killing yourself? When do you use it?

If people can answer these questions, it'll help alot.

I play on the Wii, so the only map I have is Kino Der Toten, so any advice on that map or any advice from Wii players will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :D:D :D

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch this video from about 2 minutes in, and see how I use M&S both with and without Juggs.

EhExnEI9ebM

The basic rule with M&S is that if you have a full group and shoot at your feet you will take 3 hits. This means that a single zombie hit after will not kill you, neither will 2 dog or 2 gas crawlers but a dog and a zombie, or 2 zombies will. You should always be able to shoot at their feet like this and not get hit after.

How this relates to Kino - you can do something similar on the stage by the turret.

Without Jugg: Shoot from a distance and jump at the same time to avoid max damage.

With jugg: You can shoot twice and not worry about getitng hit even if they are close to you. Avoidthird shot and sprint away from zombies.

With jug: you are pretty much invincible till round 40 if you want to blast your way out when blocked by one or two zombies during training.

MnS should be used as a defensive weapon in most maps. But it can also be used offensively if you are out of ammo, just shoot in to the horde and clear them out. It is true beauty when combined with ray gun. You could also use it to make crawlers and kill them using a bowie knife/sickle when you are hungry for points.

I'd recommend you play some ascension and get PHD flopper as soon as possible. Then try the same on Five map and kill the pentagon thief from a distance. Remember as long as you shoot from a distance you wont get any damage. The tricky part even if you do sometimes you wont even know you are red and one hit by a crawler or zombie will take you down like Chopper said. So, use it wisely and you are invincible in maps with no juggs. You can get to 40's with no problems with this weapon without using a wonderweapon in case of oh-shit movements. This is by far by fav backup weapon in flopper based maps and it helped me complete the no box challenge to round 50 in co-op.

Hope that helps.

EDIT:This is general advice on MnS for anyone. I just read the OP mentioned that he/she does not have dlc's.

For offensive usage (make kills): shoot on distance

For defensive usage (save your life): You can survive 3 shots without taking any hits. This should clear a wide area in not too high rounds. So whenever you see, that you cannot make it through a zombie line, shoot at least twice, so you can go throug (see the vid at 0:25 or something to see what i mean). The vid also explains how many shots you can take when you got eventual previous hits.

For Kino, the best usage would be to replace it with the thundergun.

If that is not an option, just run pretty far out, then mow down your group. You can't use them very effectively as defense without flopper; I personally always take at least 1 hit before my panic response kicks in, which is too late for M&S sans flopper.