2 players = 6 more zombies = 30 or not?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand why you are confused. I used to think the Same before.

No matter how many players are in the map, there can ONLY BE 24 zombies on the map.

+6 per player was corresponding to a zombie count per round which is based on number of players.

For now just remember there can only be 24 on the map in any case.

here's some math for you brah.. I spent some time to make it during my busy work schedule because I need to get this point across.

Single player =0.0842 * ®^2 + 0.1954 * ® + 22.05

2 Players =0.1793 * ®^2 + 0.0405 * ® + 23.187

3 Players =0.262 * ®^2 + 0.301 * ® + 33.114

4 Players =0.3462 * ®^2 + 0.4964 * ® + 43.164

Number of zombies per round (R = Round number. Replace this with Row() function in excel to make life easy)

This is the new confirmed zombie formula for number of zombies discovered by 'BinText'. He has confirmed the count for multi player and I have confirmed the count for solo till round 100. This formula is 100% accurate till Round 30 After that the error margin goes up to 5.6% at round 100 which is about 2 waves out of actual 36.

Test case: Add up 6 zombies per wave and see if the number matches to actual count

Case1: Round 13 has exactly 1.625 waves.

1.625 times 6 = 9.75 extra zombies

Add this to single player zombies.

39+9.75=48.75

Result: FAILED, Number of zombies for 2 player = 54

Case2: Round 40 has exactly 6.875 waves.

6.875 times 6 =41.25 extra zombies

165+41.25=206.25

Result: FAILED, Number of zombies for 2 player = 312

I will assume the same result for 3 player and 4 player.

Conclusion: It is false to assume that there are 6 extra zombies per player for every wave in any given round.

If you need the spreadsheet to confirm the math let me know.

Best Regards,

way2g00

Damn, someone did his homework. :D

I hope they bump up the amount that spawns at once if the map continue to get larger. Personally, I wish it were laid out more like L4D and have loads and loads of zombies coming at once (kinda like Survival on L4D), and instead of making them stronger and stronger as the rounds progress, just make the intensity of the horde spread and number of zombies increase.

I kinda like that idea, I remember MW3 survival is fun but a bit unforgiving when you make simple mistakes unlike zombies. But for that they need to change AI for zombies, that means they will have to sacrifice the zombie train concept which is one of the reasons why people still play zombies. Kiting is fun. It's going to be interesting to see what they come up with.

here's some math for you brah.. I spent some time to make it during my busy work schedule because I need to get this point across.

Single player =0.0842 * ®^2 + 0.1954 * ® + 22.05

2 Players =0.1793 * ®^2 + 0.0405 * ® + 23.187

3 Players =0.262 * ®^2 + 0.301 * ® + 33.114

4 Players =0.3462 * ®^2 + 0.4964 * ® + 43.164

Number of zombies per round (R = Round number. Replace this with Row() function in excel to make life easy)

This is the new confirmed zombie formula for number of zombies discovered by 'BinText'. He has confirmed the count for multi player and I have confirmed the count for solo till round 100. This formula is 100% accurate till Round 30 After that the error margin goes up to 5.6% at round 100 which is about 2 waves out of actual 36.

Test case: Add up 6 zombies per wave and see if the number matches to actual count

Case1: Round 13 has exactly 1.625 waves.

1.625 times 6 = 9.75 extra zombies

39+9.75=48.75

Result: FAILED, Number of zombies for 2 player = 54

Case2: Round 40 has exactly 6.875 waves.

6.875 times 6 =41.25 extra zombies

165+41.25=206.25

Result: FAILED, Number of zombies for 2 player = 312

I will assume the same result for 3 player and 4 player.

Conclusion: It is false to assume that there are 6 extra zombies per player for every wave in any given round.

If you need the spreadsheet to confirm the math let me know.

Best Regards,

way2g00

Your Zombie formulas are incorrect. I know that you just got the from Duck, but I figured that you might want correct information. I've told Duck that they are wrong, but he has not responded.

With that formula at Round 100 with 4-players, there should 3555 Zombies, but there are actually 5423.

I painstakingly played the game, with 1, 2, 3, and 4-players, counting how many Zombies I killed. AND I DID NOT USE A SINGLE TRAP OR NUKE, because those don't affect your kill count. So, every Zombie that I killed I made sure was affected by the kill count. Then I played the Round and subtracted the total Zombies so I got the exact amount of Zombies per Round.

The problem is that your formulas aren't steep enough. They overestimate at the beginning and then underestimate later on.

The correct formulas are:

Z1=0.09x2+0.0081x+23.388

Z2=0.1798x2+0.0232x+23.214

Z3=0.3599x2+0.0205x+23.213

Z4=0.5398x2+0.0242x+23.187

And they are accurate up to Round 100. I'm not sure how to make you believe me over him unless you were to play it yourself and count, finding mine to be correct.

And besides, you just admitted that that fact given by Duck (the amount of Zombies in play at once) is incorrect, yet you say his formula is also correct? For me, that cast a shadow of a doubt, so I found the correct formula.

And besides, you just admitted that that fact given by Duck (the amount of Zombies in play at once) is incorrect, yet you say his formula is also correct? For me, that cast a shadow of a doubt, so I found the correct formula.

How is Duck incorrect? He said exactly what I said about having 24 zombies at max. Check out this link below he posted long time back. Please quote if you are talking about someone so its easy to understand.

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=9270

(Scroll down after clicking the link.. )

Formula was not made by DUCK, it was BINTEXT who came up with that formula and he said he tested this till 30 rounds which is an average high round for 4 player games.

I only confirmed solo zombies. I never said I confirmed for multi player. I believe this research can be done easily on PC by writing a script or using mods so you don't have to play through all these rounds. I will give this a try sometime but I am pretty new to PC gaming. Anyways I am pretty neutral to stats you posted. But Just so you know the frame lag factor will never allow us to play on ps3 or Xbox past 50 (or even 40). I would like to see some proof if you did this on a console. Not that I don't believe you both just to verify the numbers.

Thanks for the update.

Regards,

way2g00

How is Duck incorrect? He said exactly what I said about having 24 zombies at max. Check out this link below he posted long time back. Please quote if you are talking about someone so its easy to understand.

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=9270

(Scroll down after clicking the link.. )

Formula was not made by DUCK, it was BINTEXT who came up with that formula and he said he tested this till 30 rounds which is an average high round for 4 player games.

I only confirmed solo zombies. I never said I confirmed for multi player. I believe this research can be done easily on PC by writing a script or using mods so you don't have to play through all these rounds. I will give this a try sometime but I am pretty new to PC gaming. Anyways I am pretty neutral to stats you posted. But Just so you know the frame lag factor will never allow us to play on ps3 or Xbox past 50 (or even 40). I would like to see some proof if you did this on a console. Not that I don't believe you both just to verify the numbers.

Thanks for the update.

Regards,

way2g00

Oh? My bad, I thought he was among the people who start the whole +6 per player rumor.

Yes, I know, but Duck endorses it. That is the problem. I've notified him that the formulas are incorrect, yet he has not responded. Also, you were advocating and giving much more information that just Solo. And, while your Solo seems much closer than the other formulas, it is still off from mine a bit, and, whether or not you believe me, I know mine is accurate.

And what do you mean not past 50? The highest Round personally that I have achieved is 48. I'm pretty sure that 50 isn't the highest; I've seen tons of videos otherwise. I've talked to people who got to Round 65 on Nacht der Untoten. (I specifically talked to them to try to get their strategy.) I didn't go past 50 for my numbers. I got the data and curve fitted it. I just guarantee its accuracy up to 100.

Well, what's your uncertainty? How many significant digits did you take your findings to? I feel as though a graph, detailed, with a best fit line, as well as error bars, needs to be made to give people a more logical resource to turn to, as there is uncertainty everywhere. Random uncertainty particularly, so the numbers should appear evenly rounded on both the positive and negative ends.

Does someone still have 100% accurate no mistakes measurements solo till 100?

I'd like to try some stuff.

There are in general two methods to get a formula. First method will deliver a curve (a formula) that fits your measurements a 100 percent. But when you input 100 measurement points, you will have a formula like

ax^99 + bx^98 + ....

So you would max give it maybe up to 5 points (like every 20 rounds).

Example:

The other is called, well I don't know in English. But what it does is you enter more points then your formula can mathematically fit. What the method does it fits those measurements as good as possible.

Example:

Now this first formula we had, that was accurate: I think the creator stopped his measurements at 40 or something, but the formula of course goes on. Since no measurements 40+ were done, the formula cannot respect them and will therefore get inaccurtate in the high rounds.

But now, when you look at it anyway:

Single player =0.0842 * ®^2 + 0.1954 * ® + 22.05 or Z1=0.09x2+0.0081x+23.388

Why should 3arc choose such dumb numbers? I'd like to see if I can find something.

Well, here's my graph:

http://i39.tinypic.com/9k4d4n.png

Plug in the Round, round the number, and that's the Zombies.

Well, Tom852, I was going for more than just Solo. I found their formulas to be very off with 4-players, then 3, 2, and not thaat much for 1, but still.

And, I used the second method. It's called a line of best fit, or least squares regression line, although our line is curved because it is polynomic.

And I don't think Treyarch chose such dumb numbers. We just probably don't know what the real numbers are. I heard a quote once: Finding a data set from a formula is a science. Finding a formula from a data set is an art. If we wanted to be absolutely sure, we'd probably have to have them tell us.