Time to step in up, Treyarch!

Undead

So, one of the biggest hits of the Blops Zombies maps had to be the revolutionary giant EE's started in Ascension. Which, I still think was one of the hardest and most tedious EE's to complete yet. In all the maps after that, it was like, once you had these weapons and these perks, it was easy as pie. Hell, the Moon EE was epic, but it practically did it itself! I was actually a little disappointed how easy it was to finally reveal Samantha. The one entity we all talked about and even feared since the Verruckt days!

Anyways, I personally enjoyed the all the EE and it was a blast doing them, but, I'd say it's time Treyarch step it up a bit.

First off, bring back the mini EE!

Der Riese was FILLED with all kinds of hints and EE being the "home base" for the Rise and Fall of 935. So many papers, radios, written messages, etc. were all scattered around the map with it's own "biggish" EE, the Fly Trap. I remember the first time that started, I was tripping out! I played with some randoms and they told me to shoot the switch. Once those items lifted, and Sam began to giggle, I thought I was f*cked haha :lol:

Second, Hide the radios

I liked how in Ascension, the radios spawned in a sequence, but for the most part, they were kinda in plain sight. I found the first 3 without even trying. I want to have to have to actually look and find, maybe even MOVE stuff just to find some radios. I remember when people first showed where the two radios in Kino were. One was even OUTSIDE the map! I think they should be more cleverly hidden like that and even do something where like if you plant a claymore in a specific spot and it is triggered, there's a breakable wall with some sort of hidden armory or office with some clues. If the radios, papers or anything was more like "hide and seek" rather than "stumble upon", it would be a lot more interesting I think.

Third, The big EE.

Uncovering more parts to the storyline though step-by-step EE was exciting and chilling, asking yourself "What now! What do we do!" and frantically searching the map for any clues one what to do next was so fun. Youtube was scattered with all the videos of people freaking out once something new happened and you'd get all excited and want to try it yourself. The only problem was, we're so damn good, we eventually uncover it all in about a day in a half, tops. I remember in Der Riese, people were STILL finding new stuff well after MW2 was released and all. So, I say in some of the next EE's to come, Treyarch should back off and stop walking us through them so much. A lot of the steps were hinted at by the previous, and it became really obvious what was suspicious in every map.

Remember in Der Riese when you would go up to the billboards with all the plans and Hold X and they would comment or grunt about it? Or even, the brick that would disappear, revealing a note. They should have some steps like that where it's something you happened to just "fall" into while playing and have steps that don't make much sense. It could even be something like shooting a barrel that explodes and breaches a wall, or opening a desk that has parts to some blueprints or even, bloody foot steps that lead somewhere. I personally would like to have some EE that reveals Dr. Maxis now or something to that extent. Answer some more questions in a much more cryptic way.

Anyways, I'm just rambling on now. But one of the main things that got me the most interest in zombies were the EE. And I want to have more that aren't as "predictable" in the next CoD. :)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the note of the big Moon easter egg, if it wasn't for hackers getting into the code and posting all the steps on Youtube, no one will have gotten that for days, the only obvious step was the first, for the rest of the steps there wasn't any visual hints and no sound hints really, when I was doing it on day one my group only found out the second step by accidentally pressing one of the panels, we then spent time figuring out what to do with them, the rest of the steps were leaked though.

I did like Shangri-La's easter egg though, it had the right balance of help and no help, the slight riddles within the characters talking and also the radios made it interesting to solve the steps, I remember trying the pressure plate step for an hour with Strwrsbob only for one of our team mates to accidentally flick the switch in the water slide.

I would love to see a map that uses a lot of riddles, sort of like The Riddler from Batman and how the riddles work in Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, that would be awesome, challenging and interesting.

Yeah I agee with undead xp. Especially about making the Easter Eggs so easy, I'm tired of having the whole thing completed in 3 hours after it's release, it ruins the fun.

But please don't give those steps like the Call of the Dead lighthouse, that's just annoying and if 1 noob presses the button, you're F'ed.

Also, perhaps the easter egg could have MULTIPLE endings! Depending on how you complete it, it could have different rewards. Like the end of bioshock ( of coarse I'd involve bioshock somehow lol) but seriously, it would be so much cooler, that we could figure out all of the different endings it wouldn't be over in seconds, we'd have so much more to do.

Alternate endings would be cool. Kinda like how Moon had two parts, it would be cool if there were different ways to activate different things. Ascension's EE was easily set up like that, but they did that to mislead us and THINK there was something more. I just wish there actually was.

I think some of the Easter Eggs being easy to solve may have been partially due to the dev team being pressed for time with these DLC releases, but I would like to see some more elaborate Easter Eggs. I thought Moon's was excellent, you all complain about the steps being posted on YouTube hours after release, but what you've gotta do is NOT look up information on how to do it. My friend and I figured out the Moon Easter Egg with no help from the internet, and it was awesome.

We can only assume that at least one zombie map shipped with the game will contain an Easter Egg. Hopefully it will be nice and elaborate. Like Moon, I plan to use no internet help whatsoever in discovering the Easter Egg and other secrets on that map.

Alternate endings would cause too much controversy.

People would like one ending, and Treyarch (good ol' Treyarch! :mrgreen::facepalm: ) would make the one we all hated the real one.

I get that you guys want stuff like that, but IMO it would then be like Fable, where it would say something like "it is unknown what happenned there, but this happenned" and the story would be filled with holes (and that does not A GOOD STORY MAKE)

Maybe just make the EE's longer, and have the steps make some kind of logical sense in relation to the objective (all of which did in moon, NONE of which did in Ascension.

That's my opinion anyway...