Moon: Easter Egg Speed (The Guide)

Vodstok

Here's a strategy for getting the easter egg done by round 10 - 17.

Note: some of this is based off of speculation, however i've tried this a couple times and we've gotten excavator pi to breach by round 3.

NML: pretty basic, build up as many points as you possibly can before going to the earth.

Round 1: You're going to turn on the power this round, yah, thats right, turning the power on by round 1 and here's how you do it...

open up as many doors as you can with the points that you got from earth, when it's impossible to open up any more doors, have the player with the most points remaining kill enough zombies to open the remaining door(s), there's usually only one door remaining at this point, so there shouldn't be a problem. When you get to power, have the player who's playing as Richtofen turn it on, this is where speculation comes in, I believe this increases the chances of excavator pi breaching and increases luck with the box and the more it works the less speculation there is.

Round 2-5: Insanely enough, the excavator should breach at this point, so just go on about you day, wait for it to breach, and hack it.

6-17: get your weapons, my teammates and I split the hacker so we can all get a hacker bonus and a good point cushion going, basically you're going for qed's, Gersch Devices and the Wave Gun, just keep hacking the box for your points until these are aquired, with the added luck(more speculation!) from Richtofen turning on the power, you should be able to aquire these items by round 10-15.

and thats how you do it, I know that alot of this is based on speculation, so therefor, i'm going to give it a %80 chance of working.

I would like to thank BlindBusDrivr, Nato Hades, and popescott2 for helping me with the original tests.

I will also try to get a video of this up, if possible...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure about the most speculative parts of this theory, but I never really connected the fact that the earlier you turn on the power, the earlier the excavator can attack. I should have connected it myself when I did a Moon solo run and Epsilon was attacking on round 1! If Pi is not the first excavator, do you recommend resetting the game?

I don't believe it's necessary, If not in the extremely early rounds (1-9), then it should at least breach at about rounds 10-15, which is relatively fast, IMHO. a tactical advantage to this in general is that you don't have to fight your way to the biodome(I've gotten there by round 3). So it's more than just speeding up the egg than speeding up the game itself.

I suppose. However when I attempted to do the EE for the first time, and whenever I try to prep for a high round run, I usually reset it, just because it is so much easier to fill the canisters in the 10-20s as opposed to 20 and up. Plus there is a very annoying astro spawn right behind the pyramid....

That's the entire reason i made this, I got tired of having to wait for the mid 20's for pi to breach, so i tried to figure out the quickest possible way to get it done. and Amen to the Astro spawn, man is that annoying...

I'm going to test this out some more this weekend to confirm whether it really works or not, It may be just insane luck that it's worked out for me.

Good guide. I recommended to do it similar like you said in the very beginning. But meanwhile I don't care anymore too much about that stuff. You can activate power at 10 and have pi & wave & qed & gersh ready at 11, or you can activate power at 1 and get no Pi till 30. Screw this random shit. But of course, chances are better for an early pi with your method.

What I recommend nowadays is, play absolutely normal until everything is ready. I hate preparing for the egg and then get disappointed, maybe even restarting the game. I hate it.

Same when people do color games and so very early, and you have to wait and loose killing fun time. They hack all doors so they have more pts for the box, they tele just to get some kills and points for the box, they hack the box even in power.... Very good for an early egg, but you wait and wait and wait. And 10 rounds later, there is still no Pi, host disconnects, and you have lost a 30min of preparation time for nothing.

As an example: I played with hands 2 days ago. We planned to do the easter egg. And what we did was... nothing, no color game. Cause we waited for Pi first. Of course Pi didn't go off. After 40 min or something at Round 21, his game crashes. But the game was cool. It would not have been cool, if we did the color game, the hacking, the box raping till we would have QED/Gersh/Wave, and if I had to say that it was 10min play and 30min EE preparation time. Then, I'd become angry. But now I can say, it was fun to rape zombs for 40min.

So that is why I do not recommend specific easter egg work or specific easter egg playing style, this map can give you a huge kick in the ass at anytime.

If it gets too hard in 20+ to fill the tubes, I recommend to let just one player do it, having the other 3 somewhere else. The one at the pyramid doesn't get that many zombs then. With a proper gun, such as Ray or Wave, he'll probably do it easily. Or that one person can also start to run a slow train around the pyramid, working very well too, even without wonderguns. I rather see the problem in people going down whereever and whenever, making it necessary to tele all the time to rebuy jug, which costs a lot of time.

thanks for the input Tom,

yah, It does become a huge waste of time when you spend like an hour working on it, then the host leaves, one of the sole reasons i don't pay with randoms anymore, but if your going for high rounds, i figure the sooner that you can get all 8 permaperks, the better off you are.

One time I completed the whole EE at Round 9, I thought I would share how it was so lucky

it was about a month ago, Me, my girlfriend, her brother and there mom went to do the EE, we stayed at NML's for a little while, taking turns running the train. we each had about 1500-2500 when we left, we turned on the power on Round 1 (I was Richtofen) and wouldn't you know it, we got Pi Round 1, so we found the Hacker, let it do it's thing, then hacked it. once it breached, then we focused on gett ing the weapons, and the box was damn lucky, I hit three times at Round 4, I get Ray Gun, Wave Gun and Gershes. my girlfriend and her brother get QED's. We got the Rod charged that round. finished the Tubes on 9, and finished the whole shazam shortly there after. the game was so damn lucky, ive never had a game that lucky ever before or after.

*looks at above post*

And theirs my proof...

but seriously, i tested it again and we where able to get the whole egg done by round 15, which is better that waiting till 30 for the excevator to breach, either way, I'm pretty sure that i can confirm the truthfulness of it.

I suppose. However when I attempted to do the EE for the first time, and whenever I try to prep for a high round run, I usually reset it, just because it is so much easier to fill the canisters in the 10-20s as opposed to 20 and up. Plus there is a very annoying astro spawn right behind the pyramid....

personally I prefer to fill the first canister before 16 and the second at about 23-25. The main reason is that at 23-25 the zombies spawn in great enough numbers, and fast enough, to mow them down with the death machine to fill up the canisters in the time allowed, while not having so much health that the death machines aren't fast enough killing.

Outside this window problems I've had are the zombies spawning to slow, so it just takes forever while sitting in a pretty dangerous spot, or the zombies being so strong that it takes even longer and is even more dangerous because it isn't realistic to hold down the pyramid room for as long as it takes to kill them all, even with the Wave Gun.

Of course I'm a bit bitter towards the EE, I've lost many hours of my life trying to get everything needed out of the box, then waiting an eternity for Pi (current high is 33).