Verruckt - Treyarched(?) on round 88

Superhands

Decided to go for a run to round 100 on this map, as I knew had a solid strategy down so I'd been meaning to do it. I'd been using the traps to do all of my killing for about 50 rounds previous to this. Then I get a random DirectX error when I use the trap at the end here. I don't get this sort of thing with other games, so I'm blaming this one on 3ARC :lol:

isuxXFkxx2k

Was pretty pissed when it happened, but I enjoyed the run. Only had one down at round 44, had 3 zombies left at the end of the round and was just walig backwards and shooting them, backed myself into a corner accidentally and couldn't react quick enough. Got back up and recovered easily though. Overall I'd still say this is one of the easier maps for solo play IMO, will most likely go for another 100+ run and maybe WR attempt at some point .

Click the link in my signature if you're interested in learning my strategy ;)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still convinced it was Treyarch's game design that was the fault, I don't ever get this crap with other games, including World at War, but this sort of thing has happened numerous times while playing Black Ops :lol: I was pretty pissed when it happened but, as usual, after about 5 seconds I was just like 'ah well, 88 and I know I could have gone a lot further so I'm still happy with it'. But I'll definately be going for 100 on it at some point. Don't know when that'll be cuz there's still a few other maps I wanna try for 100 on. Der Riese definately, got a g_spawn error on round 92 on my last atempt. Moon is easy so definately considering it. FIVE, went to round 68 on that about half a year ago before killing myself because of how long it takes, I've become a much better player since then and I've developed a really solid strategy for it so definately a possibility. Shi No Numa (Black Ops version of course) and Shangri La are definate possibilites, played them before just for fun and gotten to the 60+ rounds on both with most of my Quick Revives left before giving it up. Wouldn't wanna try COTD, could probably do it but it'd just take too damn long due to the lack of traps or infinitely-powerful wonder weapon. And Kino and Ascension I've already done. So between now and the next Treyarch game I'm gonna be going on a rampage of 100 plus attempts :lol: not saying I'll ake them all but I'll give it a good go 8-)

Is the upgraded scavenger an insta-kill or just enormous damage?

You could also do the EE and kill george to get the WunderWaffe, you'd have to start killing him quite frequently though so I do not think it would be an effective way to get to 100+

Just some ideas on speeding up that one. Good luck to you though, I wish I had the patience and skill for 100 on solo, I think due to a combination of boredom and fear of not being believed I probably will not ever go for solo high rounds. Wish I could get over those issues and follow your footsteps in these 100+ runs.

Is the upgraded scavenger an insta-kill or just enormous damage?

You could also do the EE and kill george to get the WunderWaffe, you'd have to start killing him quite frequently though so I do not think it would be an effective way to get to 100+

Just some ideas on speeding up that one. Good luck to you though, I wish I had the patience and skill for 100 on solo, I think due to a combination of boredom and fear of not being believed I probably will not ever go for solo high rounds. Wish I could get over those issues and follow your footsteps in these 100+ runs.

Scavenger is a 1-hit kill up to round 34, it then becomes a 2 hit kill. Then at 43 it starts taking 3 shots to clear the wave. Then at 50 something it takes 4 and rapidly increases from there. I always make sure George is in radius of the Scavenger blasts at the 50+ rounds so it damages him, eventually killing him as I'm almost out of Scavenger ammo to get the Wunderwaffe. Still takes a long time so I couldn't ever see myself going for 100 on it.

Good luck to you though, I wish I had the patience and skill for 100 on solo, I think due to a combination of boredom and fear of not being believed I probably will not ever go for solo high rounds. Wish I could get over those issues and follow your footsteps in these 100+ runs.

I got accused of being a faker for my round 161 on Ascension even though I put out a video of what was obviously totally legit gameplay, won't namedrop but a well-known YT commentator sparked that and his subs followed.

At the end of the day though I just do it for personal satisfaction, not for anyone else, so it's irrelevant really.

Either way, I guess I'd rather deal with DirectX error than the chance of a red-ring and screwed console, like Tom said the game will just shut down and that'll be it. Of course consoles can survive a red ring but I'd rather not leave that to chance and just stick with my PC. This is only the 2nd time this has happened to me ever anyways. I've had quite a few g_spawn errors though which seem to be somewhat common on high rounds on all the systems.

Is the video on youtube?

Yeah it is, just embedded it here ;)

Nice run, shame about the frustrating error fail...

Xbox is the way to go for long runs.

I have 2 Xboxes. one specifically for high round zombies. I have left it on (during summer) for three weeks and longer and no issues. While the old Xbox used to fail a LOT (I personally had 3 RROD, but all were replaced for free) the new one seems to be a lot more reliable. I have only had two errors, both 'G-Spawn: no free entities' but worked out pretty quickly this was caused by my team mate saving too many claymores in a corner. After that, didn't save any and no problems.

Nice run, shame about the frustrating error fail...

Xbox is the way to go for long runs.

I have 2 Xboxes. one specifically for high round zombies. I have left it on (during summer) for three weeks and longer and no issues. While the old Xbox used to fail a LOT (I personally had 3 RROD, but all were replaced for free) the new one seems to be a lot more reliable. I have only had two errors, both 'G-Spawn: no free entities' but worked out pretty quickly this was caused by my team mate saving too many claymores in a corner. After that, didn't save any and no problems.

Thanks mate ;) To be fair though I've done a LOT of long, high-round runs in the past year and I've only ever had a DirectX error twice. As far as the machine over-heating and turning off, that will never happen with a PC so I'd still rather stick with it as opposed to a console. Of course all consoles including the PC get that annoying G_Spawn error, which I though was linked with Claymores/Betties but I've had it a few times on games where I didn't even buy any :lol: