New Gun Mechanics

Have any of you played Resistance 3 or a Ratchet and Clank game?

The guns in those games sort of remind me of The Super weapons in zombies.

I would love Treyarch to tackle the idea of giving you a weapon and having you PaP once and then after that, have the weapon auto upgrade after you use it for a while. Like in Resistance the weapon becomes more lethal and also more fun. Zombies is fun because of the story as much as it is about the weapons. If they could somehow add the diversity of a weapon that is not only useful but fun to use like the Wave Gun, that would be great.

What are your thoughts on how this would be good or bad?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good, only problem is you'd get people rage quitting because they've gone down, not got revived and lost their super-powerful weapon. Dunno if anyone disagrees with me, but I think a teammate dying out should just mean a loss of points for the whole team rather than the person dying losing their weapons, would stop a lot of rage-quits when playing with randoms.

I think if they could do this, they would also need to make the Zombie AI upgrade was well. I mean, if your weapons get stronger and stronger, and the zombies just get stronger and stronger, The rounds would definately not get as dramatically harder.

The only thing they even do to the zombies to make them harder is up their life, even with the Bosses. They need to make a "thinking" type of zombie, that does different things based on the round/how the Players react. It would make things a lot harder, and open up the option for super-powered weapons.

The current Zombie AI couldnt handle stronger weapons. It can barely handle the "Circle" tactic.

Oh, I would just love an update in the Zombie AI that made them Anti-Circle. IMagine running around the stage on Kino and have the zombies cut you off from the other direction, even with a full train. That would be TIIIIIGHT!

I think if they could do this, they would also need to make the Zombie AI upgrade was well. I mean, if your weapons get stronger and stronger, and the zombies just get stronger and stronger, The rounds would definately not get as dramatically harder.

The only thing they even do to the zombies to make them harder is up their life, even with the Bosses. They need to make a "thinking" type of zombie, that does different things based on the round/how the Players react. It would make things a lot harder, and open up the option for super-powered weapons.

The current Zombie AI couldnt handle stronger weapons. It can barely handle the "Circle" tactic.

Oh, I would just love an update in the Zombie AI that made them Anti-Circle. IMagine running around the stage on Kino and have the zombies cut you off from the other direction, even with a full train. That would be TIIIIIGHT!

I would quit Zombies. Trains are what separates Zombies from Left4Dead or Deadrising. It just wouldn't be the same.

I agree with all of you. I think it would also be cool if they "auto upgraded" according to how you use your gun.

For the regular guns, once you pack a punch it, it comes out with spider camo and increased damage/more ammo, but no attachment. If you hip fire more than ADS you could get the grip or undermounts. If you ADS more you could get a wide variety of sights. And not sure how but you could incorporate extended mags into accuracy or # of kills. You could prolly add more "vrill" type attachments in there but you get what I mean.

For the wonder weapons it would vary however. You would have to go gun by gun and utilize what that gun actually does when shot. In the interest of space here is an example.

Wave Gun more= quicker "cooking"/possible different effect for teammate?

Dual weild more=more accurate apon spraying/ more splash damage

Lastly, I cant help but think how cool it would be if you could get a wonder weapon with regular attachments. Change the appearance of course, but a wonder weapon with a noob tube or flamethrower sounds EPIC.

I've always thought that they should make like 1/4 of the zombies run at half speed so that you can still train, but it would be much more difficult.

[brains] i run trains from round 4+ on kino and the hardest round is 4-6 cause there soooooooooooo slllllllllooooooowwwww

if 1/4 or 1/5 of the zombies were round 4 zombies,training would be difficult,especially using the alley

i think there should be different solo modes like a mode were you play with 3 other computers and you could give them socom like commands,but you couldn't tell them to open all the doors or you would never use money

I would quit Zombies. Trains are what separates Zombies from Left4Dead or Deadrising. It just wouldn't be the same.

really? because i thought the fact that it was a survival mode is what separated it from every thing else. how do trains constitute a significant difference besides an easy tactic to survive longer. the circle tactic makes it funny to watch the AI fail, but hardly adds a realistic feel.

really? because i thought the fact that it was a survival mode is what separated it from every thing else. how do trains constitute a significant difference besides an easy tactic to survive longer. the circle tactic makes it funny to watch the AI fail, but hardly adds a realistic feel.

I don't play Zombies for realism. Again, if I wanted a 'realistic' zombie game, I would play Left4Dead or Deadrising. But Zombie trains, having to dodge a zombie blocking your path and then spraying into a big wad, praying for a max ammo or 2x, that is what separates Zombies from the other games. Not the endless rounds.

Zombies isnt about running damn trains. That is just a strategy. It's about surviving the horde anyway you can and that can be done in multiple ways. Not just by trains. Weapons allow for you to play the game in a different way. Not only making it harder but also more fun because of the challange. After a while running trains just gets boring and basically breaks the game. It's all about the guns and zombies. Upgrading the guns and zombie mechanics will allow you to change the map layout and all of those sort of things.

I don't play Zombies for realism. Again, if I wanted a 'realistic' zombie game, I would play Left4Dead or Deadrising. But Zombie trains, having to dodge a zombie blocking your path and then spraying into a big wad, praying for a max ammo or 2x, that is what separates Zombies from the other games. Not the endless rounds.

100% agree. If I was forced to play in a certain way, this game wouldn't appeal to me. I know for a fact there's a lot of people that think this too.

Zombies isnt about running damn trains. That is just a strategy. It's about surviving the horde anyway you can and that can be done in multiple ways.

Exactly, surviving in multiple ways i.e. having the option of running a small circle, large circle, running-and-gunning or camping. So while it's not ALL about running trains, this game would lose a LOT of popularity if the mechanics were changed. FACT.

i think we can all agree zombies does not equal running trains. that is just a perk of the game, but i'd still like to have the ability to run a circle but be surprised by a zombie or two that runs out of line. like as a allusion to the zombies learning, i mean they come a long wa from just breaking barriers, they can run, dig from underground, jump from high ledges, jump long and high distances, climb up the PaP thing at shangri la when the stairs arent up, and maybe climb, im not sure though.

i think we can all agree zombies does not equal running trains. that is just a perk of the game, but i'd still like to have the ability to run a circle but be surprised by a zombie or two that runs out of line. like as a allusion to the zombies learning, i mean they come a long wa from just breaking barriers, they can run, dig from underground, jump from high ledges, jump long and high distances, climb up the PaP thing at shangri la when the stairs arent up, and maybe climb, im not sure though.

Yeah, of course. There's no denying trains can get boring. Very minor improvements on the behavior of the zombies when getting kited could fix that. It would bring an entirely new aspect to the game.

However, it's just that I couldn't stand it if they completely messed with their mechanics so much that training would be impossible. That would take a lot of the fun away from me.

Anyways, back to the original topic!

Yeah, of course. There's no denying trains can get boring. Very minor improvements on the behavior of the zombies when getting kited could fix that. It would bring an entirely new aspect to the game.

However, it's just that I couldn't stand it if they completely messed with their mechanics so much that training would be impossible. That would take a lot of the fun away from me.

Anyways, back to the original topic!

ehh we're expanding the original topic to new horizons. we're doing a favor

The reason why games like this succeed is because of their weapon innovation. If Treyarch can do that without making the game just a pointless shoot-them up that would be amazing. Another thing I have been thinking of would be something like a portable trap. Something that you can move around as you get in trouble. That I believe would allow for versatility of the map. I really liked what they did in moon, where it brought you to a new level but if they would expand that and make it bigger I think it would make the action a lot more exciting. Like in gun game, where every kill you advance to a new weapon, but instead it would be a new level where things get harder and enemies change along with your weapons. It can get pretty boring running trains in Kino at level 40 :lol:

I'm going to chalk it up to the complex and confusing NJ laws, but I can never seem to get a YES or NO answer to any legal question I ask and those times that I do, it's never 100% either YES or NO. Sometimes it's 80/20 or 60/40 or it may me a straight YES or NO, but then contains disclaimers.

I understand the laws may be up for interpretation, but damn, it makes it difficult to ensure one is doing the proper (legal) things. Bottom line, if someone entered my home and I felt threatened, even if I was inches away from my back door, I would certainly hope I'd be able to put a bullet in his head and not face criminal charges or a trial, etc.

trololol

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to chalk it up to the complex and confusing NJ laws, but I can never seem to get a YES or NO answer to any legal question I ask and those times that I do, it's never 100% either YES or NO. Sometimes it's 80/20 or 60/40 or it may me a straight YES or NO, but then contains disclaimers.

I understand the laws may be up for interpretation, but damn, it makes it difficult to ensure one is doing the proper (legal) things. Bottom line, if someone entered my home and I felt threatened, even if I was inches away from my back door, I would certainly hope I'd be able to put a bullet in his head and not face criminal charges or a trial, etc.

trololol

Under federal law and state law you should be able to shoot anyone that enters your premises without permission.