A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

We still need to figure out Peter.

I believe that because the Winters Howl was included in the Black Ops version of the Verruckt, and Peter was working at Verruckt and we weren't sure what he was doing. That is only a theory, but I believe he made the Winters Howl.

I don't believe he was actual weapon engineer as that is maybe more Harvey Yena's thing.

But because they probably knew each other being both american Peter got his hands on one.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cornelius was his handler. His location wasn't specified.

And Peter being killed by Richtofen is not a fact.

Also, Harvey Yena was only SUSPECTED of being a spy. I think Richtofen was wrong in that suspicion, showing how far he was off from realizing Peter was the spy, at least at the time of the Radio.

Yena doesn't need to be spy for Peter getting his hands on the thing they can be friends.

And if the messages in SNN actually are from Cornelius that would mean Cornelius was at Kino.

That is one thing why I HIGHLY doubt that the SNN messages are from Cornelius.

And if you are looking for FACTS in Peter's death as of now just for get it. The killer being Richtofen is most plausible theory at the moment.

Yeah, but what if the community misweaves it? That's what I worry about. They misread something, so Treyarch goes along with it, but the evidence from before is still contradictory...

The whole hand-cutting off thing is ridiculous. There's a hand on the Power switch in Verruckt, just like in Der Riese. You can't assume either one is Peter's. There's no evidence. Hardly a theory. It's pure conjecture.

Now I know there is no evidence of Richtofen doing anything with Peter. That means this thing is a theory. Care to explain?

EDIT: Matuzz, I am looking for facts, but as I have previously stated, facts are points upon a plot. Theories are the lines that get us between the facts.

You can't doubt it... The CIA files specifically state that that message was made by his handler. The Cia files specifically state that his handler's name was Cornelius Pernell. The message also doesn't say that he is from Kino, unless its a certain interpretation you are having of it. Believe me, I've heard many interpretations of that same Radio. Spun a few myself.

• Administrators

For me:

- He was a 935 scientist, but was actually a US spy posing a research assistant based out of Munich

- It is not known where he worked first, or if he worked at Shi No Numa at all.

- He was transferred to Verruckt

- The believed that he was caught, sent in Recon Unit led by Tank Dempsey

- His handler is Cornelius Pernell, working at Kino (maybe) or wherever the Verruckt experiment was transferred to

- Peter was tricked by Richtofen, presumably resulting in his death

- Maybe lost his hand on the power at Verruckt, but then again there is a hand on the power at Der Riese so it is unknown if he did or not

- He is either the hanging man or the grave, but I take the console version a bit more seriously in its implications so I believe hanging man

On the topic of Yena, because he sabotaged the Der Riese compound one way of another, I believe he was indeed a US spy.

@Matuzz: The terminal specifically says the radio is by Cornelius Pernell.

Yeah, but what if the community misweaves it? That's what I worry about. They misread something, so Treyarch goes along with it, but the evidence from before is still contradictory...

I'm fairly certain treyarch mentioned at CODXP that they went with some of the things the community came up with, so it's not a bad thought.

The whole hand-cutting off thing is ridiculous. There's a hand on the Power switch in Verruckt, just like in Der Riese. You can't assume either one is Peter's. There's no evidence. Hardly a theory. It's pure conjecture.

The one in the original der riese is rotted, zombieish. That original verruckt one is normal (although, most zombies were basically normal with glowing eyes back then.

Now I know there is no evidence of Richtofen doing anything with Peter. That means this thing is a theory. Care to explain?

Who else was at Shi No Numa? Most likely just richtofen, the place looks very abandoned

EDIT: Matuzz, I am looking for facts, but as I have previously stated, facts are points upon a plot. Theories are the lines that get us between the facts.

You can't doubt it... The CIA files specifically state that that message was made by his handler. The Cia files specifically state that his handler's name was Cornelius Pernell. The message also doesn't say that he is from Kino, unless its a certain interpretation you are having of it. Believe me, I've heard many interpretations of that same Radio. Spun a few myself.

There is truth here. We have no leads on him being in kino.

@ Tac, how did Yena sabatoge the place? We don't have evidence of that.

Hm. I guess that is good reasoning for Pernell to have been at Kino. "Moved experiments here". Kino was most likely the recipient of that, except for Der Riese. So one or the other I think.

But you guys still have to explain why Richtofen did ANYTHING AT ALL. I've heard no evidence, no theories, no kind of justification. I don't mean to be domineering, but I have nothing to go on.

While I do take the console more seriously than the game, you are simply believing an unnamed hanging figure over an entire Easter Egg. I don't think that's the right way to go about it. I think the fact that they made an entire Easter Egg has some merit.

@Matuzz, while that is a plausible theory, I really don't think there's any more evidence to go for or against that.

• Administrators

I think it is plausible that they went with the community on it, but I believe that they had who it was planned out beforehand, whether it is Peter or not.

The reason that we know that Peter was messed with by Richtofen is his quote: "You will all be fooled, just like Peter!"

As for Yena, on the Der Riese chalk board, Edward wrote this: "I know it was you, why won't it work anymore." That is a massive hint towards sabotage to me.

Hm. I guess that is good reasoning for Pernell to have been at Kino. "Moved experiments here". Kino was most likely the recipient of that, except for Der Riese. So one or the other I think.

But you guys still have to explain why Richtofen did ANYTHING AT ALL. I've heard no evidence, no theories, no kind of justification. I don't mean to be domineering, but I have nothing to go on.

Because richtofen didn't want witnesses to what he was doing at Shi no numa? I don't know. He's brutal. does he really need a reason.

While I do take the console more seriously than the game, you are simply believing an unnamed hanging figure over an entire Easter Egg. I don't think that's the right way to go about it. I think the fact that they made an entire Easter Egg has some merit.

The fact that the hanging man isn't there either has merit as well.

@Matuzz, while that is a plausible theory, I really don't think there's any more evidence to go for or against that.

@Tac, For richtofen anyways, not sure about Yena.

WOAH, I've missed a LOT in these last couple of days...

@this debate about Peter and the arm: Peter is the hanging man. He wrote down the drawings on the walls at Verruckt so they could find him.

The picture of the zombies chewing an arm, is what happened to him. That back stairwell in the power room, the zombie chewed off him arm but he managed to escape. Then he used the meat cleaver to it off before he became fully infected. Them at Shi No Numa Richtofen somehow lured him in and finished him off.

And about this Maxis debate, since the radios character seems so unknown and mysterious, perhaps this is who it is:

I think it is plausible that they went with the community on it, but I believe that they had who it was planned out beforehand, whether it is Peter or not.

The reason that we know that Peter was messed with by Richtofen is his quote: "You will all be fooled, just like Peter!"

As for Yena, on the Der Riese chalk board, Edward wrote this: "I know it was you, why won't it work anymore." That is a massive hint towards sabotage to me.

Maybe Yeana wrote it as he knew what Edward did.

• Administrators

But someone else posted a little while ago that Yena wrote it. So did Richtofen or Yena write it?

I'm an idiot, it was Yena. Forgive me? :D

I still believe that the picture of Maxis is in the teleporters. I think ZOTD posted a thread a while back about that, and how the image looks like it could be Maxis. Think you could find it Zombieofthedead?

@this debate about Peter and the arm: Peter is the hanging man. He wrote down the drawings on the walls at Verruckt so they could find him.

The picture of the zombies chewing an arm, is what happened to him. That back stairwell in the power room, the zombie chewed off him arm but he managed to escape. Then he used the meat cleaver to it off before he became fully infected. Them at Shi No Numa Richtofen somehow lured him in and finished him off.

And about this Maxis debate, since the radios character seems so unknown and mysterious, perhaps this is who it is:

You can't prove any of that. Or at least, you haven't.

Second on the top. I now think that the wound might be a bullet wound instead of the hellhound.

I'm not really convinced that's Maxis.

I think it must just be a scientist who died in the massacre.

And now that we know the hellhound/zombies didn't kill him, and that looks like a damn good bite.

And I've seen enough walking dead to know a zombie bite when I see it :D

You can't prove any of that. Or at least, you haven't.

Well it's impossible to prove anything that isn't literally spelled out for us, we have to infer from the evidence they give. If there is a more plausible explanation for any of this, I would like to hear it.

Second on the top. I now think that the wound might be a bullet wound instead of the hellhound.

I'm not really convinced that's Maxis.

I think it must just be a scientist who died in the massacre.

And now that we know the hellhound/zombies didn't kill him, and that looks like a damn good bite.

And I've seen enough walking dead to know a zombie bite when I see it :D

It just seems a bit too well done to be a random scientist, at least to me. Also, look closely and you can see sort of a hole in the wound.

• Administrators

Hmm, idk I think it is possible that maybe he got the bite and didn't die, but anyway, that image is intriguing. It must hold some importance to be in the teleporter, maybe. Idk, I have no further comment on that subject.

Well it seems to be more of a tearing wound rather than a bullet wound.

It just doesn't seem very pattern with any gunshot wounds.

The standard Nazi weapon at the time was the MP40, which used a 9mm round, the 9mm causes almost no external trauma, just a small entry hole-wound.

The hole on the man in the picture is probably just the inside of his mouth exposed from the torn flesh.

But honestly we have very little to go off the identity of this man from.

But on another random note.

Don't we know someone else who wears glasses?

Hmm, idk I think it is possible that maybe he got the bite and didn't die, but anyway, that image is intriguing. It must hold some importance to be in the teleporter, maybe. Idk, I have no further comment on that subject.

I agree that it held some importance (don't know that it does now, Treyarch may have changed their plans), but hey, so far it's the best lead we have on what he looks like.

Also, the blank portrait... it has the EXACT same outline as richtofen's portrait.

@busdrive, true

also, I believe that man is gersch. Can't be the thief, hair is drastically different.

Archived