A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

Did you perhaps watch the vid that is there when it says Al's Journal. Hit x for exclusive footage straight from Alcatraz. It shows them breaking out and the guard he killed apparently turned into a zombie right there. This doesn't make sense the guard was alive and well he killed him and the guard gets up as a zombies in less than a minute but my god its like this is illogical.

ERROR ERROR

Actually that part makes perfect sense. I've been saying for years about how one must die first to turn into a zombie. This time it just happened quite fast.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose.

Now, as for the actual map design, it is great. It feels very similar to a Black Ops 1 map. My first time playing it I felt a tinge of Verruckt coming through, with tight corridors and absolutely amazing sound effects. The map was quite unsettling and felt truly evil, which Treyarch I think was going for... Something dark and satanic. The skulls with the candles, the hanging bodies, the sound effects, the red eyes of the zombies mixed with the red mystery box, which has been redesigned as a chained-up coffin. Something else I noticed was the mystery box spawn spots no longer are boxes with the teddy bear, but seem to be crematoriums. Everything feels very evil and unsettling, which is exactly something to be looking for in a zombie map. This truly earned the name "The Evil Island", something Treyarch really wante to portray I think.

A user on this site said this. I've been thinking this since I've been playing this, but such an eloquent passage gives me just the motivation to say that I think the controller of the Zombies this time is the Devil, or something like it. We can't be sure though until the Side Mission is done.

• Administrators

So we know that Der Riese was the beginning of the existence of Zombies, or so we believe, since the Der Riese description says "This is where it all began" and I think it's safe to say everyone thinks that. I think they started on the Zombie creation in 1942, but that part isn't as important, the point is that it was the 40's. We've got Zombies in this map, obviously, so do you think that that means the map has to take place after Group 935 made Zombies or is this "Devil" basically just raising the dead, before 935 ever created their Armeeuntoten?

EDIT: Also, since the opening cinematic says that the lights go out in Alcatraz at 9:30, and that's when Al escapes, fair to say the map happens at 9:30pm?

So we know that Der Riese was the beginning of the existence of Zombies, or so we believe, since the Der Riese description says "This is where it all began" and I think it's safe to say everyone thinks that. I think they started on the Zombie creation in 1942, but that part isn't as important, the point is that it was the 40's. We've got Zombies in this map, obviously, so do you think that that means the map has to take place after Group 935 made Zombies or is this "Devil" basically just raising the dead, before 935 ever created their Armeeuntoten?

EDIT: Also, since the opening cinematic says that the lights go out in Alcatraz at 9:30, and that's when Al escapes, fair to say the map happens at 9:30pm?

Al's Notebook though says the exact date of the map.

Well, I'm not convinced on any date as of yet. We know it is sometime in/after the 20th century, but how long?

But let's say it is prior to the '40's, theoretically. Who invented the zombie? Richtofen. Perhaps Richtofen was told how to from the voice in his head like Yuri was told the Gersch Device? This would mean that Richtofen's voice was this voice.

• Administrators

Well, I'm not convinced on any date as of yet. We know it is sometime in/after the 20th century, but how long?

But let's say it is prior to the '40's, theoretically. Who invented the zombie? Richtofen. Perhaps Richtofen was told how to from the voice in his head like Yuri was told the Gersch Device? This would mean that Richtofen's voice was this voice.

Yup, like I said to you in PM, I think that that's the case. This announcer is one of the voices in his head, in my opinion.

This would be denying though exactly what date that Al wrote in his book if you go with that.

That's the date from his journal, that doesn't mean it the date of the map I don't think. I have a journal at home, the last date in it being April 15th, but that doesn't mean that's what the date is when someone first sees it.

Something of interest. In Alcatraz, I found a board with newspaper clippings. It says:

RGATORY, NM 1932

I know a lot of people have posted minimum dates for this map. We need to amass them. Then we begin the quest for a maximum date, if any can be found.

Okay, here's a list of some unconfirmed theories I have about this map, based on what I've seen so far. It is most definitely subject to change:

1. The map is set pre-'40's.

2. The Perks and Pack-A-Punch (not Electric Cherry) are temporarily displaced, which is why they... behave... strange.

3. Satan/Devil is in charge of the Zombies.

4. The Beast is Fluffy.

5. Satan is torturing the mobsters, as a way of making them suffer purgatory.

6. Satan is bringing them back, similar to how Richtofen would bring them back.

7. Afterlife is a fiction created by Satan.

8. Every time they are brought back, the mobsters don't remember it.*

* = Let me expound on this one. In the opening, you see them try to escape. They kill a guy, who turns into a zombie. They kill him, and more zombies come, which kill them. I think this was caused by a 115 outbreak somehow. And Satan brings the four mobsters back over and over again to survive as punishments for their sins. Now, in Alcatraz, you can see that the prison actually knew of the existence of zombie prisoners, as evidenced by multiple signs. I think that after the initial outbreak, the security of the prison allowed them to hold out for a while, but ultimately they got overrun. Meanwhile, the mobsters keep getting revived every time they get killed. Eventually, they are all that is left.

9. Satan is just a name. It might not be the religious figure himself but a being in Aether that has come to be known by that name among many others. The truth behind the myth, if you will. (Perhaps he was always there until Samantha pacified him?)

• Administrators

Something of interest. In Alcatraz, I found a board with newspaper clippings. It says:

RGATORY, NM 1932

I'm assuming that the newspaper says Purgatory, New Mexico, and all that I find in terms of that is Purgatory Canyon of New Mexico. Whether it means something, no clue, likely not.

I know a lot of people have posted minimum dates for this map. We need to amass them. Then we begin the quest for a maximum date, if any can be found.

This is what I have so far on minimum dates:

In the Official Trailer, they show the schematics for the plane and on the top of the left page, just left of the crease, there's a date that reads Feb. 26, 1932. Also in the trailer, they show the Chicago newspaper that covered Deluca being busted, and the newspaper was dated June 13, 1932. On the official Call of Duty website, it shows the Golden Gate Bridge in the background (picture below) and it's still under construction. The bridge wasn't started until January 5th, 1933, and it was completed by April, 1937. The first inmates weren't transferred to Alcatraz until August 11, 1934.

As far as the maximum date, all I can go off of right now is the completion of the Golden Gate Bridge in April of 1937.

Okay, here's a list of some unconfirmed theories I have about this map, based on what I've seen so far. It is most definitely subject to change:

1. The map is set pre-'40's.

2. The Perks and Pack-A-Punch (not Electric Cherry) are temporarily displaced, which is why they... behave... strange.

3. Satan/Devil is in charge of the Zombies.

4. The Beast is Fluffy.

5. Satan is torturing the mobsters, as a way of making them suffer purgatory.

6. Satan is bringing them back, similar to how Richtofen would bring them back.

7. Afterlife is a fiction created by Satan.

8. Every time they are brought back, the mobsters don't remember it.*

* = Let me expound on this one. In the opening, you see them try to escape. They kill a guy, who turns into a zombie. They kill him, and more zombies come, which kill them. I think this was caused by a 115 outbreak somehow. And Satan brings the four mobsters back over and over again to survive as punishments for their sins. Now, in Alcatraz, you can see that the prison actually knew of the existence of zombie prisoners, as evidenced by multiple signs. I think that after the initial outbreak, the security of the prison allowed them to hold out for a while, but ultimately they got overrun. Meanwhile, the mobsters keep getting revived every time they get killed. Eventually, they are all that is left.

9. Satan is just a name. It might not be the religious figure himself but a being in Aether that has come to be known by that name among many others. The truth behind the myth, if you will. (Perhaps he was always there until Samantha pacified him?)

1. I agree for now, but I'm just not sure.

2. Yeah Electric Cherry seems like it's more stable in a way, the other ones flicker with their lights.

3. Agreed.

4. Generally I'd agree, except they seem... Different. They have red eyes, unlike when Richtofen took over, didn't they still have orange eyes? These ones seem much more intense.

5/6. Agreed.

7. What do you mean by fiction? Like he created this afterlife mode?

8. I think they don't remember what they did, hence why we keep rebuilding the plane and stuff, but they remember that they did it. Like at the beginning of the cinematic when they says they've done this at least 50 times. Although I do disagree on there being 115 there.

9. I think he was always there and then Samantha took over, lessening his power.

That's great work Tac! So Alcatraz takes place between 1934 and 1937, yes?

Not only is Electric Cherry stable, just look at it! The design is almost reminiscent of Bioshock.

I've never noticed any eye color change in H*llhounds, even Richtofen's. My thinking is, this is a single big, bad H*llhound. What could be a single big, bad H*llhound? Fluffy!

And yes, I mean he created the afterlife mode. Think bout it, it is ONLY seen with these four characters. In Grief, nothing. In other maps, nothing. So it must be something of his creation.

There remembrance is that of deja vu. Just like Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman. However, the mobsters help themselves out even more by writing stuff down so they can remember it artificially.

I think the 50 times thing was just them saying they tried to break out of prison 50 times. They were really surprised when they saw that zombie.

115 is needed to make a zombie. That is a fact. It has been referenced many, many times. You can't counteract that with a single map.

Okay well I came up with a theory and ran it by MMX. You know how after being exposed to Element 115 Richtofen started hearing the voices he usually hears even more well how do we know that someone else just wasn't merely in control of the zombies and trapped in the Aether prior to Samantha taking over. Then Richtofen took over. This could be a situation in which there must always be someone in control (i.e. I hear "THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A LICH KING" in the background when thinking this now). Personally I am not inclined to go with the Satan theory as that's just going a little to far and that isolates this to religions that a Satan would actually exist in.

Also me and MMX made it to the Golden Gate Bridge after going back through theater mode I can tell you this is a incomplete Golden Gate Bridge. This map IS before the year 1937.

Okay well I came up with a theory and ran it by MMX. You know how after being exposed to Element 115 Richtofen started hearing the voices he usually hears even more well how do we know that someone else just wasn't merely in control of the zombies and trapped in the Aether prior to Samantha taking over. Then Richtofen took over. This could be a situation in which there must always be someone in control (i.e. I hear "THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A LICH KING" in the background when thinking this now). Personally I am not inclined to go with the Satan theory as that's just going a little to far and that isolates this to religions that a Satan would actually exist in.

Also me and MMX made it to the Golden Gate Bridge after going back through theater mode I can tell you this is a incomplete Golden Gate Bridge. This map IS before the year 1937.

I for one think it is quite plausible. :)

However, like I said, Satan is just a name, just like any other name. I see this thing as an all-powerful demonic being. What is his name? Is it

Satan

Devil

Abaddon

Hades

Iblis

Set

? Who knows?

And, lol, sorry.

First we have to differentiate the time line.

When did the outbreak occur? (the points that Tac made may identify this)

What date is it when we play the map.?

The opening cutscene gives us a hint. It is black & white 1930's era film, then it changes to colour. Could this mean something. (what was the explanation given for ascension?) obviously the earth is not destroyed.

I think it may be impossible to work out the timeframe for when we play the map. When we're fireworks like what is shown invented?

I've only played 5 or so games & haven't watched any videos or spoilers. I'll have to research & collect my thoughts further.

Off topic - do you think that the 4 blue skulls that you collect are our characters original skulls, as each character got attacked in the cutscene?

• Administrators

That's great work Tac! So Alcatraz takes place between 1934 and 1937, yes?

Yes, I think so.

I think the 50 times thing was just them saying they tried to break out of prison 50 times. They were really surprised when they saw that zombie.

True. Very true. Great reason.

Okay well I came up with a theory and ran it by MMX. You know how after being exposed to Element 115 Richtofen started hearing the voices he usually hears even more well how do we know that someone else just wasn't merely in control of the zombies and trapped in the Aether prior to Samantha taking over. Then Richtofen took over. This could be a situation in which there must always be someone in control (i.e. I hear "THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A LICH KING" in the background when thinking this now).

Yup, I agree. I talked about that with a few guys earlier, it's just a cycle. Someone is always in control, and a very evil being is the one right now I believe.

115 is needed to make a zombie. That is a fact. It has been referenced many, many times. You can't counteract that with a single map.

Hmm... Yes and no. That's the only way that we have seen, but I feel as though there is something else going on here. I haven't seen any hint to 115 in the area, and we've always had a hint in some way. Just my thoughts.

First we have to differentiate the time line.

When did the outbreak occur? (the points that Tac made may identify this)

What date is it when we play the map.?

The opening cutscene gives us a hint. It is black & white 1930's era film, then it changes to colour. Could this mean something. (what was the explanation given for ascension?) obviously the earth is not destroyed.

I think that the outbreak occurs at the same time as when we play, maybe. The outbreak is so freaking fast that either we are skipping across time or, and I believe this one, the evil being has just made everything go to hell in that moment. As for black and white, I have no clue, I feel like it may be for dramatic effect in the cinematic.

@PINNAZ:

Well the outbreak had to occur sometime after 1934, because it had to be after the prisoners were admitted. The map play-through has to be before 1937, because the bridge would be completed at that time. The outbreak had to happen before the map itself. Therefore, the outbreak and map happened between 1934 and 1937.

I think 1934-1937 might be the best we'll get.

I think the reason it goes from black and white to color is a way to introduce oldies new characters, paying an homage to the map "Five".

http://www.pyrouniverse.com/history.htm

I just looked it up. Seems reasonable that they had such fireworks.

I haven't heard of these skulls. What happens with them?

@Tac:

Thanks for the agreements.

But on the 115 thing, I would argue that a zombie's presence is hint enough for 115.

Before the cinematic, it's just an ordinary prison. After, it is just awful. Papers around the place literally talk about zombies! I think it became a zombie prison, basically, this timeline:

1. Mobsters try to escape

2. Zombies rampage

3. Mobsters subjugated to dying repeatedly

4. Facility goes on lockdown and posts zombie warnings

5. Mobsters subjugated to dying repeatedly

6. Grief Cellblock

7. Mobsters subjugated to dying repeatedly

8. Mob of the Dead

Pinnaz stated exactly what confused me with the opening film. There didn't seem to be any sort of thing that you would believe would've occurred when the guy became a zombie. He just was killed and instantly rose back up as a zombie and that's what I do not get. If he were going to get infected by 115 it would've been like hey taken a second maybe a flash of light or something but NO he INSTANTLY got back up. Also Al's journal states an exact date of when the entry was made so we can say it occurred at least on that date forward. They merely said they ran the scenario 50 times, heck I could run a scenario in my head 1 million times and it wouldn't take a day I mean it was only a few steps.

The problem with that is that date is 1932. Prisoners weren't even admitted until 1934. So how can this be? I would write it off as some sort of anomaly. Perhaps 1932 was the day he first kept a journal. Perhaps he had the date wrong. Perhaps the date isn't supposed to be literal but instead mean something.

(Although Tac, are you sure it is 1934?)

EDIT: Btw, we have an achievement that mentions Brutus. People think this is the boss zombie. However, if that is true, then how can there be two of him that spawn at once??? Hm???

Oh and MMX when you think Alcatraz because you said you didn't really know how bad it was there and all. Let me just tell you, you might think some prisons were bad but this this place was a literal Hell. They literally meant it when they said "No one leaves Alive" the place was known to be that bad and that unclean. This wasn't a wildwest prison or something like that this prison was known for torture. Electric chair torture, experiments (always denied despite thousand of people who stated otherwise), gaurds killing, killings that just happened such as the Yellow Eyed Ghost that the inmates stated was in the Solitary Confinement cell that was a literal pitch black room with no window in the door. One guy was found strangled to death in that room and after autopsy it was discovered he didn't strangle himself. The night before though that prisoner was screaming that the yellow eyed man was trying to kill him. This wasn't the first prisoner to die in that same room too in such a circumstance. Alcatraz is known as the one place that if ghosts do wander this earth that be where you'd find them. Most men would never EVER want to spend a night in that prison even to this day due to how it was and how many much has occurred there in terms of Paranormal activity and deaths.

BTW the guys name is Brutus to get that achievement you merely cant let him see you when he does his walk around theres a video up showing it popping case closed.

• Administrators

(Although Tac, are you sure it is 1934?)

I'll quote two sources.

The United States Disciplinary Barracks on Alcatraz was acquired by the United States Department of Justice on October 12, 1933, and the island became a Federal Bureau of Prisons federal prison in August 1934. Alcatraz was designed to hold prisoners who continuously caused trouble at other federal prisons. At 9:40 am in the morning of August 11, 1934, the first batch of 137 prisoners arrived at Alcatraz, arriving by railroad from the United States Penitentiary in Leavenworth, Kansas at Santa Venetia, California, before being escorted to Alcatraz, handcuffed in high security coaches and guarded by some 60 special FBI agents, U.S. Marshals and railway security officials. Most of the prisoners were notorious bank robbers and murderers.

In 1934, Alcatraz was fortified into a high-security federal penitentiary designed to hold the most dangerous prisoners in the U.S. penal system, especially those with a penchant for escape attempts. The first shipment of civilian prisoners arrived on August 11, 1934. Later that month, more shiploads arrived ...

You can collect 4 skulls that are hidden around the map with the Tomahawk. It's part of the sidequest I assume.

Well the outbreak had to occur sometime after 1934, because it had to be after the prisoners were admitted. The map play-through has to be before 1937, because the bridge would be completed at that time. The outbreak had to happen before the map itself. Therefore, the outbreak and map happened between 1934 and 1937.

I would believe that if there was a Zombie outbreak that work would cease on the Bridge's completion. Zombies spawn on the bridge so they would be capable of killing the workers there.

Btw, we have an achievement that mentions Brutus. People think this is the boss zombie. However, if that is true, then how can there be two of him that spawn at once??? Hm???

He can teleport also. I had him disappear when he was next to me & appear near someone else. Or have you had 2 in the same area as you?

(At work ATM, I shall reply later tonight)

You can collect 4 skulls that are hidden around the map with the Tomahawk. It's part of the sidequest I assume.

I would believe that if there was a Zombie outbreak that work would cease on the Bridget's completion. Zombies spawn on the bridge so they would be capable of killing the workers there.

Btw, we have an achievement that mentions Brutus. People think this is the boss zombie. However, if that is true, then how can there be two of him that spawn at once??? Hm???

He can teleport also. I had him disappear when he was next to me & appear near someone else. Or have you had 2 in the same area as you?

(At work ATM, I shall reply later tonight)

He is referring to when me and him were holding out on the Golden Gate Bridge we were going for the achiev to survive Round 15 or higher on the bridge and round 14 2 of Brutus's spawned in and round 15 3 of them spawned in they spawned in same time too. I think this was merely to make the survival harder though for us. Sadly we died round 15 because someone who had a Death Machine waited to use it :P jking. We were merely having issues as apparently you get no drops except the one that would drop from Brutus from time to time which is always a double points. We didn't try it but there were 4 electric chairs there on the bridge and I mentioned that we were to get in them that's how the cycle would be restarted.

Archived