A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Fair enough. I want to bring this up though. It's a mute point given the fact that we deemed both possible.

The conventional paradox theory means that time travel is impossible, because a time paradox is an impasse. If that theory is correct, either time travel never happens or time itself ends at the paradox. Now I don't think that's likely.

But for one, if you were in a paradox it would mean that time WOULD have to stop because if you keep going back and forth between not saving them and saving them, everything else around you would have to revert to the state is was in both cases. If that makes sense?

Example:

Anyone that might have seen you talking about saving them would have to go back and forth between observing you talking about it and not talking about. You would throw the entire universe into a paradox which stops right where the 2 possible outcomes diverge.

Basically, if you're in a paradox the whole universe would have to wait for you to get out of it before it can keep moving through time... But of course you can't get out of a paradox, simply because it's a paradox.

Well, that's a possible explanation. But since time travel doesn't exist, any theory could possibly be correct. We'd have to try it and see how nature takes it. Unfortunately, one such theory is the end of the universe... maybe we shouldn't test it :P

One theory is that time will sidestep paradoxes altogether. Such as, I go back in time to save myself from a disease. Then I come back to my time and don't have the disease. It's simple, too simple maybe, but it'd be extremely convenient if it were true.

lol, I think a better word would be nerdy. jk

Well if you want to talk about smart-sounding things, let's talk about multidimensional aspects of life, assuming of course that the multiverse actually exists, going up to 10 dimensions in logical theory, or up to 21 dimensions considering string theory, further elaborated into M theory, all the entire while dismissing it with paradox?

You've got that the Soviet Union reverse-engineered the newer perks (DS, S-U and PhD), and delivered them to the Shangri-La, and the United States did the same but with MK as well and put them in Griffin Station. but you don't have anything about how the perks got there in Call of the Dead.

Honestly, I think it's just a gameplay element that more Perk-a-Colas were added in on later. I believe 935 created them all already, but only issued the 4 core ones we know (QR, Jug, SC and DT) because they were the only ones fully working, or something like that.

However, if we're going by the United States reverse-engineering Mule Kick, how would you explain it's appearance in all maps, even Nacht der Untoten, if it wasn't added for just a game-play element?

Oh yeah, and we don't know if Tank's child is a boy or girl. You've got it as a boy, and it most likely is, but he doesn't actually mention the gender.

Well, that's a possible explanation. But since time travel doesn't exist, any theory could possibly be correct. We'd have to try it and see how nature takes it. Unfortunately, one such theory is the end of the universe... maybe we shouldn't test it :P

One theory is that time will sidestep paradoxes altogether. Such as, I go back in time to save myself from a disease. Then I come back to my time and don't have the disease. It's simple, too simple maybe, but it'd be extremely convenient if it were true.

It is too simple. Don't forget the butterfly effect also known as chaos theory. When you change something such as receiving a disease, you open up a host of infinite possibilities to occur and radically alter the concept of existence and reality. If you, however, did not return to your time and stayed in that time frame, you would, in theory, not alter much.

However, if you were to return, you would create an alternate reality.

A butterfly flaps its wings and a hurricane occurs on the other side of the world.

Cool stuff to think about.

You've got that the Soviet Union reverse-engineered the newer perks (DS, S-U and PhD), and delivered them to the Shangri-La, and the United States did the same but with MK as well and put them in Griffin Station. but you don't have anything about how the perks got there in Call of the Dead.

Honestly, I think it's just a gameplay element that more Perk-a-Colas were added in on later. I believe 935 created them all already, but only issued the 4 core ones we know (QR, Jug, SC and DT) because they were the only ones fully working, or something like that.

However, if we're going by the United States reverse-engineering Mule Kick, how would you explain it's appearance in all maps, even Nacht der Untoten, if it wasn't added for just a game-play element?

Oh yeah, and we don't know if Tank's child is a boy or girl. You've got it as a boy, and it most likely is, but he doesn't actually mention the gender.

You may be right. Believe me, the idea of Russian Perks-A-Cola worked much better back in Ascension, and even to Call of the Dead. I haven't been able to explain why Mule Kick is everywhere now... Maybe you're right. Maybe they were all developed.

they were the only ones fully working

That could work. I might be able to be swayed to thinking something like that. Got anything else to sway me or is this all we got evidence-wise?

It is too simple. Don't forget the butterfly effect also known as chaos theory. When you change something such as receiving a disease, you open up a host of infinite possibilities to occur and radically alter the concept of existence and reality. If you, however, did not return to your time and stayed in that time frame, you would, in theory, not alter much.

However, if you were to return, you would create an alternate reality.

A butterfly flaps its wings and a hurricane occurs on the other side of the world.

Cool stuff to think about.

Oh yeah, I've heard of that. That's an interesting (but disastrous!) theory. Things were simpler before Richtofen time traveled. Things were still simple when he only he forward... but now he's going in loop-de-loops through time. Fuuun.

No, Maxis is dead. As for Gersch, I believe he simply left. Where to? Who knows. But he left Griffin Station.

It seems that he was making his Gersch Device. Then Samantha messed with Yuri's mind until he edited the Gersch Device according to her specifications. Yuri then used it on Gersch. It teleported Gersch inside the MPD. Gersch, as a spirit like Samantha, was the subject of her torture. (Their physical bodies merely floating.) Then the characters use the Kassimir Mechanism to facilitate his escape. (The Kassimir Mechanism is later used by Richtofen during the Moon Easter Egg in relation to the MPD.) He then walks out of the MPD, and where he went next is unknown. The Gersch Devices in Griffin Station are remnants of his presence.

That's my take on it.

• Administrators

I believe that Maxis is dead as well, but Gersch's soul was located in Ascension and was released, not Griffin Station in my opinion. I doubt that he went inside the MPD since Samantha was in it. I mean he talks about how she's getting closer to him, and would he say that if they were right next to each other? I think he is in Aether. Like his soul is physically in Ascension but spiritually in Aether if that makes sense.

As for the Perks, I think they are purely gameplay features after the original four. Before that they were created by someone.

As for the butterfly effect, it is interesting, but I am thinking up how it truly applies here in these paradoxes. Lemme think :)

EDIT: I mean of course it applies, but it's just the cause and effect aspect of any action that in the long run will indirectly lead to an outcome. So I mean it applies, but it also applies to EVERYTHING else in world, so it's not that big of an issue in my eyes.

Tac, I think there are definitely applications for chaos theory within the storyline; I just might make a thread on the concepts of chaos theory and ask the more experienced storyline buffs discuss instances of alternate dimensions and small effects shaping the course of time. Also, what do we define as the true reality in the storyline?

It seems so blurred together that we are unable to differentiate between the concrete and the fantastical.

• Administrators

Tac, I think there are definitely applications for chaos theory within the storyline; I just might make a thread on the concepts of chaos theory and ask the more experienced storyline buffs discuss instances of alternate dimensions and small effects shaping the course of time. Also, what do we define as the true reality in the storyline?

It seems so blurred together that we are unable to differentiate between the concrete and the fantastical.

I edited my above post about my thoughts, check it out. Make a thread if you want, but I don't see it as a big deal.

As for the true reality, I think there is only one, not muiltiple

I edited my above post about my thoughts, check it out.

As for the true reality, I think there is only one, not muiltiple

There could be two. You go back in time for the Shangri-La Easter Egg, right? So however insignificant the things our main characters do have some effect on that time, correct? But when they go forward to the "regular" Shangri-La we play, is that not creating an alternate reality? Or am I missing something?

I'm not super educated :) in terms of story.

• Administrators

It could make alternate timelines, but we have no way to prove/disprove it. I believe in the traditional paradox and one reality, not multiple realities. But that's just my take, I'm sure you'll hear otherwise by other people. As I said, it can't be proven/disproven, just depends on how you view it.

• Administrators

I mean technically in real life, now that I think about it, the theory's do state that every time you time-travel you create an alternate reality, so from the sounds of that there are tons of reality's we are in in the story. I mean as far as my knowledge goes, you can't teleport back into a reality that you were once in, but I might be wrong.

I believe that Maxis is dead as well, but Gersch's soul was located in Ascension and was released, not Griffin Station in my opinion. I doubt that he went inside the MPD since Samantha was in it. I mean he talks about how she's getting closer to him, and would he say that if they were right next to each other? I think he is in Aether. Like his soul is physically in Ascension but spiritually in Aether if that makes sense.

There is nothing physical about a soul. Samantha has been in the MPD for every level. No matter her physical location, her spiritual self, in Aether yes, allowed her to influence, speak, haunt, etc., anywhere geographically. So Gersch was sucked into the vortex, teleported to the MPD, but he speaks to you in Ascension, because that is where the Kassimir Mechanism is located. Although, if he wanted, he could speak to you in Antarctica (unless Samantha someone prevented him from doing it.)

Honestly, I think that would work just as well here as it does in real life. It doesn't matter. It's not a big deal. It's just a theory, and it really doesn't apply to this storyline any more than it would apply to Spongebob (Spongebob has a timeline too!). We, or at least I, was just musing. Nothing more.

There could be two. You go back in time for the Shangri-La Easter Egg, right? So however insignificant the things our main characters do have some effect on that time, correct? But when they go forward to the "regular" Shangri-La we play, is that not creating an alternate reality? Or am I missing something?

Well if you admit there's two. There's inherently a third. And a fourth. Infinite. But that's straying into the multiverse theory.

But really. With string theory, the multiverse theory, even the chaos theory, the lack of proof and disproof makes the idea of science less concrete and delves into the realm of philosophy.

• Administrators

Idk, I really think he is just stuck in Aether. I feel that there would have been more to show him going to the MPD. I mean I think only one person can be stuck in there at one time. So if in Aether, he can still talk to anyone but he's not in the MPD so he can't control anything like Sam can.

As for what I was saying, it's fun to talk about but is pointless lol.

I mean you create a new reality because time travel is a choice: Time travel/don't time travel. A new stream down the river of time. But I am having a hard time wrapping my my mind and visualizing it. It feels as if were layering 1/2 dimensions into 3 which were layering into the 4th (time) and then were layering them all into another dimension that were trying to think about moving back and forth through when we are already having a hard time visualizing moving back and forth through 3 that are layered into the 4th temporal dimension. Basically, I think that to say there are 2, it's to say there are infinite, and that gets truly complicating. That's why I'm a fan of the traditional one reality paradox.

• Administrators

You don't get stuck in Aether. Your body has to go somewhere. Samantha was in Aether; her body was in the MPD. Richtofen is in Aether; his body in the MPD. Gersch; MPD.

But only one person can be in there at a time. And your body can be stuck in Aether, the Zombies from the early experiments weren't brought to the mainframe, they were sent to Aether, not the MPD. But that's just me

Those Zombies? That's not proven. They disappeared; their reappearance, as detailed, unknown.

And who says you can't have two at the same time? Gersch is living proof against that. Being in Aether is synonymous with being in the MPD. Samantha was in both. And she tormented Gersch; therefore he had to be in both as well.

"Oh no! She's here!" - Gersch

^In the same place at the same time.

There's no rule that only one can fit. The reason Richtofen switched souls instead of just joining her was to 1. enter it and 2. kick her out.

Well to every good storyline are two ends: a concrete and an ethereal. I choose to dwell in the realm of the metaphysical, the allegorical and the existentialist. Believe me, don't believe me, there is nihilism in everything. That is if everything is not in fact, nothing... :lol:

Lol.

• Administrators

But don't forget the line:

"Hurry! She's getting closer!"

That show's they aren't in the same place. I think that means that she has traveled through Aether and found him. If they were in the same place at the same time, she wouldn't have searched for him

And she can still torment him if he's not in the MPD, Richtofen and them is the living proof of that.

• Administrators

Ok well we know that when you travel through Aether, you land somewhere. Your body goes somewhere, maybe not Aether but somewhere. Sam entered the MPD because she walked into it or whatever. I highly doubt that one can travel into Aether and have his soul or whatever separated from him and his body transported to a new location. I mean it's hard to think of something that would separate them. Unless they are together in Aether. Who says that Aether isn't a physical place? I'm sure that if your soul and wander through it, your body can. I mean we travel through Aether every time we teleport.

Archived