Map Five Is Becoming A Favorite of Mine...

It's crazy...I used to HATE this map with every fiber of my being. I'm an experienced zombie slayer and when Black Ops came out I pretty much stayed away from Five. Of course I played it several times before coming to the conclusion that I hated this map putting most of my time into Kino and Ascension (when the first map pack came out.)

After giving it another chance I realized how greatly designed this map actually is. For instance, I just finished a game of it I hit the box and got the Winters Howl. I also had the Spectre. Round 6 comes around and the scientist comes out. As he's walking up the steps I start unloading upon his ass and got a bonfire sale. Bam!!! I've got exactly 1990 points. I break a window inside the defcon room and fix it real quick to get 2000 points. Now I've got 2 pack a punched guns at round 6. What other map can you do that on? NONE!!!

I guess the reason I hated this map so much is because of it's narrow spaces. But after a while you sort of want that kind of environment. Playing Call of the Dead is just too easy...I guess thats why they added George. But zombie maps should be more narrow instead of open. Once you figure out how the zombies move and operate, gathering them up into a crowd becomes so easy. Narrow maps makes it more difficult to manouver and map Five is the perfect example of a narrow map.

In closing, I'd just like to say that I think map Five is perfectly designed. It's got great weapons, cool enviroments, and decent characters. I suggest if you don't like this map then give it another go. You may be suprised at how much better you like it compared the other Black Ops maps.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yh, I second that! I've recently started playing "Five" and have been enjoying it every second! Who doesn't love freezing a horde of Zombies with the Winter's Howl, eh? You can't get that anywhere else!(Except the revamped Verruckt, but only for the lucky ones)

Yh, I second that! I've recently started playing "Five" and have been enjoying it every second! Who doesn't love freezing a horde of Zombies with the Winter's Howl, eh? You can't get that anywhere else!(Except the revamped Verruckt, but only for the lucky ones)

Yea it's pretty fun. It's crawling it's way up into my top 3. And don't worry if you don't have the re-finished W@W maps for Black Ops, they'll be a DLC one day or Treyarch will just add them into their next CoD game. Theres no way they would pass up an opportunity to make a fast buck. It would take very little work for them and they would make a ton of money. So DO expect the W@W maps to be available for everyone...one of these days.

Yeah I've been soloing it lately and its pretty fun and unique. It has a reaaally modern feel to it even though its only 1963. Its a cool feeling when the Thief comes and everything turns blue. Only thing is I find the Thief to easy now. The first thing I always Pack a Punch is the pistol. One clip of Mustang and Sally rapes the Thief hard. Overall its a pretty alright map.

Is I mentioned in another topic, FIVE has always been one of my favourite zombie maps and always will be. I think it's cuz the first map I played was Der Riese, which I loved but was playing with my friend on his PS3 so could on play 2 players.

But when Black Ops came out 2 players in split screen could also play online, and the first map we played on that was FIVE in a 4 player game and we got to round 26 by camping in the PaP room. CoD had never appealed to me beforehand, but from that moment onwards I was hooked on CoD zombies. I was never really much of a gamer but I liked zombies so much that I bought some kit for my PC so it could run CoD games. That was about a year ago, I don't suck anymore lol pretty much always get to over round 30 on FIVE (or any other map) when playing solo. Just a shame that so many players don't realise that camping in the PaP room is the best strategy for 4 players.