May be totally insignificant but....

Hey guys. Just joined, ive been looking around the forum for the last like two weeks and just decided to join. so dont be mad if this has been said or anything yet...

My friend and I were playing tonight and while playing he said something about the "stadium like lights". its weird the way they are set up. he thought it meant something, like the lights were in braille. so we looked online to what it may mean, and we are getting a 3 word saying, "out er as" or "ou er as". outer as? any idea what this may mean for the map? like i said, this could mean nothing, but he was just curious...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm that friend..just joined too. It's just something that's been on my mind for awhile. I looked up at the stadium lights and noticed they were all the same. Also the way they are lighted up doesn't really seem random at all. If each one looked different and they made it look like the lights "randomly" burned out..well that would be different.

Anyway we just wanted to share this, and like my friend says it seems to say "out/ou er as"

The only thing that is throwing me off is how you determine if it's a letter or phrase. The last pattern on the right can stand for "as" but it's also the pattern for the letter "z". I've tried translating the "words" I've been getting into English from German and Japanese. I got nothing so far though lol.

It can not be morse code.

That requires a single, long line

However, it's pretty convincing that it's Braille.

[brains] !

morse code can also be coded with one beep or two fast beeps. so if the lights go on off on on off on on off then the on on could signify a dash and one on could signify a dot

[brains] !

morse code can also be coded with one beep or two fast beeps. so if the lights go on off on on off on on off then the on on could signify a dash and one on could signify a dot

the lights have never actually went on or off though. they are the same the whole time. they are even on when you dont turn the power on, which is kind of weird. but i guess they have nothing to do with the power on the actual map itself.

It could also be in something known as 'Tap Code'

1 2 3 4 5

1 A B C D E

2 F G H I J

3 L M N O P

4 Q R S T U

5 V W X Y Z

Each number correlates to one of the numbers on that square. Say the number of lights turned on in each row or column, then from each pair you get a letter.

I would test this out, but i can't get on my xbox right now to have a look at the lights.

1 2 3 4 5

1 A B C D E

2 F G H I J

3 L M N O P

4 Q R S T U

5 V W X Y Z

Each number correlates to one of the numbers on that square. Say the number of lights turned on in each row or column, then from each pair you get a letter.

I would test this out, but i can't get on my xbox right now to have a look at the lights.

hmmm...that could be it too. i have no idea. ill have to get on later and get enough points and just open the door in like round 1 to check it out and have enough time.

[brains] !

the lights have never actually went on or off though. they are the same the whole time. they are even on when you dont turn the power on, which is kind of weird. but i guess they have nothing to do with the power on the actual map itself.

sorry for the confusion i mean the order the ligths are on. from my understanding of hwo he said it it sounds like there are 100 lights(oviously not) and some are on and some are off. so if consecutiv ligths are on its a dask and if ones on and the one prceeding it and before it are off its a dot.

1 2 3 4 5

1 A B C D E

2 F G H I J

3 L M N O P

4 Q R S T U

5 V W X Y Z

0 1 2 3 4 5

1 A B C D E

2 F G H I J

3 L M N O P

4 Q R S T U

5 V W X Y Z ***

(It reformatted the way you had yours, like a python .strip() function!! )

IF IT IS A TAP CODE....

THAT MEANS EACH LIGHT STAND IS ONLY ONE LETTER.

.... Which wouldn't make it much of a code, would it?

(Unless each tower had a different letter, but they don't.

I believe {from memory} that each light stand shows the same light pattern)