Modern Warfare 3: New engine 'would be counter productive'

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry but from what Iv'e read you have obviously never played Bad Company 2. I went to the midnight release and played it for a long ass time. But not because its stragetical but because its a change of pace. At one time I played Bad Company 2/MW2/ and black ops at the same time. I got bored of Mw2/bad company 2 and traded them in. From my year and a half of playh Bad company 2 its not that much strategy. The reason I doubt u have played this game is because u say it has no 12 yr olds. Thats bullshit lol. The game is run by them. Half the games i used to join consisted of them shooting the cover im taking and blowing up vehicles before i get there. And as for it being very objective based thats a lie. Most games are just 12 year olds getting as much kills as possible same as in CoD. In order to really do the objective u must have a full party of friends who play really good. But cant u do the same in a game of SnD in CoD? The only difference is in Bad Company 2 u have more defined roles but other then that u are sacrificing fast paced gameplay with an objective for a slow paced objective based gameplay. But then again to run into a teamate that knows how to play his role is rare. Medics revive u without even taking out the enemy who killed u and basically gives the enemy 2 more really easy kills. U can stand behind a guy asking for ammo with ur mic or the select butten for a shit ton of time but i doubt he will give it to you. How about RECON snipers who go around no scoping cus its easier in this game. And then people who play engineer who havent repaired a single vehicle just because they like silencers on their guns. And for fucks sake dont tell me you have never played against a sniping tank? you know the people on the other side of the map who have memorized what angles they need to shoot the tank in order for it to land on certain choke points and get about 30-40 kills a game? go play bad company 2 and then tell me wich game is better. P.S for all the people saying MW3 will suck: Infinity ward is the company that has been upgrading graphics and inovating gameplay since CoD started. Look at CoD 2 then 4. Now lookat 4 then MW2.

Meh the "graphics updates" are just nicer looking textures. They updated the engine so that it took up less RAM and could allow nicer textures to be placed. Wasn't a whole new engine.

Im sorry that the games you play were like that but most of my games in BC2 are very fast paced (of course not as fast as CoD), but fast paced nonetheless. The games Iv played there are no 12 year old kids. Maybe its the country differences but here in the UK most people are my age and up and the experiences I wrote above are 100% true through my gameplay.

Perhaps gameplay styles and strategies are different in different countries, but fast-paced children overun CoD will always be fast-paced children overun CoD.

Meh the "graphics updates" are just nicer looking textures. They updated the engine so that it took up less RAM and could allow nicer textures to be placed. Wasn't a whole new engine.

Im sorry that the games you play were like that but most of my games in BC2 are very fast paced (of course not as fast as CoD), but fast paced nonetheless. The games Iv played there are no 12 year old kids. Maybe its the country differences but here in the UK most people are my age and up and the experiences I wrote above are 100% true through my gameplay.

Perhaps gameplay styles and strategies are different in different countries, but fast-paced children overun CoD will always be fast-paced children overun CoD.

yeah, ive hardley run over any kids within battlefield, but when i do, there queit calm, follow objectives and actually p,lay quiet good, beeting some vetreans too... the only thing that annoys me isw if there is a n00b who get into the huey and crashes it straight away and dies ¬.¬

yeah, ive hardley run over any kids within battlefield, but when i do, there queit calm, follow objectives and actually p,lay quiet good, beeting some vetreans too... the only thing that annoys me isw if there is a n00b who get into the huey and crashes it straight away and dies ¬.¬

Lol thats still hilariously funny. I lol irl when that happens XD

So if it would happen, not saying it will, but what would happen if Modern Warfare 3 did not come out this year, giving BF3 the spot and all, and allow MW3 to actually get a new engine, Like the new "Unreal Engine 3" but I know it would take awhile for Engines to do...I don't know Enginy stuff? ( as you can see PuLsE does not know how long it take's for a game that has to get use to a new engine or something along those lines of use and what not).

So would it be worth the wait? Would MW3 be more better if it has received the "Unreal Engine" would it compete with the "Frostbite 2" Engine for BF3 or Whatever engine that Dice comes with next year? (Frostbite 3? BF4?), but then again even if MW3 got the Engine and such is it going to beat BF3 or (if possible) BF4 next year, because if they release MW3 this year, it will not have much of a chance, I say don't even release Another CoD game till that engine get's changed cause the same engine get's boring and old. If only Activision listens to their customers.

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to get both. They will probably both be fairly good games. I have been playing cod for such a long time i am not going to start hating on it. BF3 should be good but the thing that really gets me with the BF series is how big the maps are online and being able to use tanks whenever you want rather than having to earn them.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to get both. They will probably both be fairly good used engines for sale games. I have been playing cod for such a long time i am not going to start hating on it. BF3 should be good but the thing that really gets me with the BF series is how big the maps are online and being able to use tanks whenever you want rather than having to earn them.

That's nice. Both of them will surely satisfy you. I hope that I can also get both of them. :D

• 1 month later...

truthfully who the fuck cares i want a good story i dont give a shit on graphics, there are tons of good games that run on 90's technology and no one gave a shit now everyone will only buy the game if the graphics look good who cares its just a way to have a war on which games is better bf:bc3 or MW3 who cares i think they will both be good thats why i am buying both its not because of the graphics :facepalm: