A real zombie map theory

Why would the americans have a base in cuba? Even if they did, it wouldn't have a huey and 6 fighter jets. The cubans certainly wouldn't allow it, and it's not as if you can have a secret base with rifles going of and jets and hueys taking of willy nilly.

Because Cuba was part of the Cold War. It wouldnt matter if Cuba allowed it. The Americans occupied some parts of Cuba to use as a base. And why wouldnt there be jets?

Well i can't find any evidence to support any American bases apart from Guantanamo bay.

And if it was a 'secret' base, then the noise of a Jet engine spanking round the sky makes a hell of a lot of noise, especially the older ones from the 60's

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would the americans have a base in cuba? Even if they did, it wouldn't have a huey and 6 fighter jets. The cubans certainly wouldn't allow it, and it's not as if you can have a secret base with rifles going of and jets and hueys taking of willy nilly.

Because Cuba was part of the Cold War. It wouldnt matter if Cuba allowed it. The Americans occupied some parts of Cuba to use as a base. And why wouldnt there be jets?

Well i can't find any evidence to support any American bases apart from Guantanamo bay.

And if it was a 'secret' base, then the noise of a Jet engine spanking round the sky makes a hell of a lot of noise, especially the older ones from the 60's

Guantanamo Bay was established in 2002. And do you know what black ops means? Secret operations, there wouldnt be much info on any bases. And its mot like Castro could hear every little noise in the country. Im exaggerating, but you get the idea.

Hmm sounds interesting.....also, there is a chopper waiting to take off off Firing range so perhaps there might be something to that?

No they just they put it in from SOG like the Body Count and the Gateway to Hell sign. The helicopter is the one that drops Woods off in the beginning of SOG. The sign is also from it but it says entering Khe Sahn in the campaign.

Guantanamo Bay was established in 2002. And do you know what black ops means? Secret operations, there wouldnt be much info on any bases. And its mot like Castro could hear every little noise in the country. Im exaggerating, but you get the idea.

I said guantanamo bay because it's the only one that's been there and has evidence of it.

Yes i do know what Black Ops means, so why would highly trained operatives need to practice on a firing range in cuba, where gunshots would easily be able to be heard by the Cuban army and Police force, with Jets buzzing round the sky. I think that a contingent of heavily armed men wouldn't exactly be easily disguisable on such a small island.

The highly trained operatives do not need to train at a firing range. Their proxy invading force made up of Cuban exiles and rebellious farmers do. Special Ops have a long history of training indiginous populations to work covertly against their own government. The OSS did this with the French and Dutch in WWII. The CIA did this at the beginning of the Korean War. The SOG did this in Cuba, Vietnam, Afghanistan and countless other Cold War hotspots. Training indiginous populations on foreign soil is pretty much what SOG/Spec Ops does. This practice continues to this day in the Middle East. So having a secret base to train Cuban rebels is not really that big stetch.

The highly trained operatives do not need to train at a firing range. Their proxy invading force made up of Cuban exiles and rebellious farmers do. Special Ops have a long history of training indiginous populations to work covertly against their own government. The OSS did this with the French and Dutch in WWII. The CIA did this at the beginning of the Korean War. The SOG did this in Cuba, Vietnam, Afghanistan and countless other Cold War hotspots. Training indiginous populations on foreign soil is pretty much what SOG/Spec Ops does. This practice continues to this day in the Middle East. So having a secret base to train Cuban rebels is not really that big stetch.

Exactly. I just mean that i'm pretty certain that the base isn't in cuba itself.

Cuba is an entire country, not just some little island. Im pretty sure you can get away with using planes and guns in at least some places. And i really dont feel like tropas would be near Area 51 or in Vietnam

Well even in practicing military manouevres, they still need an enemy, sometimes the 'enemy' will go so far as to dress in native gear. They did it a huge amount during World War Two, some Brits playing the enemy would dress as the SS, and the regular army to add an element of reality. Even today, the army trains with people dressed as the enemy. I should know, i've done it a couple of times before.

It still goes back to the old 3arch equation.

Fun > Reality

Cuba is an entire country, not just some little island. Im pretty sure you can get away with using planes and guns in at least some places. And i really dont feel like tropas would be near Area 51 or in Vietnam

Well even in practicing military manouevres, they still need an enemy, sometimes the 'enemy' will go so far as to dress in native gear. They did it a huge amount during World War Two, some Brits playing the enemy would dress as the SS, and the regular army to add an element of reality. Even today, the army trains with people dressed as the enemy. I should know, i've done it a couple of times before.

Fun > Reality

It would be pretty obvious if there were tropas coming home with the americans. The "enemy" they fight are the numerous targets all over the map.

Fun > Reality

It would be pretty obvious if there were tropas coming home with the americans. The "enemy" they fight are the numerous targets all over the map.

That doesn't help troops with proper field tactics and fieldcraft, that just helps them aim.

knowing 3arc you dont know what to expect i think it might be groom lake idk or firing range againg who knows.

Have you guyz seen the Gateway to Hell sign? Look behind, and what do you see? A LAKE! Could they extend firing range into Groom Lake? That could explain it all. Tell me your thoughts!

That doesn't help troops with proper field tactics and fieldcraft, that just helps them aim.

I doubt they would bring some cubans back for target practice. And besides, Area 51 is an air base and aircraft testing center, not a training center