Dead Ops is Imitation of Super Smash T.V

putzee

Play Super Smash T.V. for super nintendo and you will be shocked at how similar it is to dead ops arcade. Its pretty much identical other than graphics. u shoot off hordes of zombie-like enemies in the same birds-eye view style, pick up power-up weapons which are all almost the same as the dead ops power-ups. and you collect point drops in the form of gold and silver bricks just like dead ops. at the end of the level you go choose your path in the same way.

Maybe Activision has rights over the game who knows,, just thought you might wanna try this game to see the similarities.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

smash t.v was an early 90's arcade game published by midway. the nes port gave you the option of using d-pads on two remotes in single player. premise was very blade runner-esque.

not certain, but i think there may have been a sequel in some capacity. if not in name, i think i remember another game using an updated build of the engine and the same dual joystick control scheme.

its impossible to relay the the sheer metric tonnage of blinding rage that accompanied the hours it took to master the needlessly aeronautic control gimmick.

smash t.v. was savagely difficult.... full blown absurdity to such a degree that even the dalai lama would not be exempt from bursting an existential nose bleed.

wow its like u've been waiting for someone to post this.. ya its a hard game to play cause of the button controls, and cause its just hard ne way. i played some more and it just makes me laugh when u get a poer up thats identical to a dead ops power up. Theres even those electric spires you cant bump into.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I can't remember the original game, but it preceded smash tv and was made by the same company. Smash tv had the first maze-like multiple doorway options and then super smash tv simply upgraded the game. Dead ops is a combo of smash tv as well as the more recent I Made a Game with Zombies in it. All creativity is derivative and I'm just glad Treyarch spent the time to keep this forgotten genre alive. I will only buy the next Treyarch game if DOA 2 is included.

Yep, no doubt about it. Super Smash TV was one of my favorite games on the old 16-bit SNES. It's where I drew and developed my skills for DOA. The game is a virtual copycat in almost all regards. Dead Ops' control scheme is much better since it allows for flawless 360 movement and shooting unlike Smash TV which only allows movement in the standard 8 directions.

Yep, no doubt about it. Super Smash TV was one of my favorite games on the old 16-bit SNES. It's where I drew and developed my skills for DOA. The game is a virtual copycat in almost all regards. Dead Ops' control scheme is much better since it allows for flawless 360 movement and shooting unlike Smash TV which only allows movement in the standard 8 directions.

Now that I have played a decent amount of geometry wars, I can tell you that that is where DoA came from. They are the same in many regards, and are both made by Activision.