Kar98k Audio glitch?

Phillips455

well for the guys and girls who have the old/calssic maps in black ops, when you use the Kar98k and when using the bolt, it doesnt make a noise

ive tried it in everyold map and there is no audio for the bolt cranking.

i will get a video for the people who dont have the old maps.

just wondering if anyone else has this problem

EDIT: this is on xbox, if anyone would gladly check the ps3 version?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hypothesise....

When they made Black Ops (not the edition with all the old, revamped maps), they did not include any coding

or programming of any kind for the old guns or their noises (obviously... because they're not in it).

Since they were only using the old guns for the 'hardened?' edition, they wouldn't re-create the sounds for

each gun, they'd just transpose them from WaW to BO.

So I guess they just forgot about transposing the sound from WaW for the Kar98k! :|

bolt works on ps3 find for me. lound n clear.

edit: while on the topic of gun sounds, on ps3, the m1a1 firing sound is wierd, almost like the pap version. 'woop woop woop' is what it sounds like to me. and the gewehr 43 sounds kind of like the fal.

Yeah agreed, old weapons (minus Tommy and Type 100) sound (and feel!) quite different to me - STG and FG42 seem to have loads more recoil but that may just be me getting used to BO guns.

I check out bolt crank on ps3 and it was fine :|

• 1 month later...

bolt works on ps3 find for me. lound n clear.

edit: while on the topic of gun sounds, on ps3, the m1a1 firing sound is wierd, almost like the pap version. 'woop woop woop' is what it sounds like to me. and the gewehr 43 sounds kind of like the fal.

Yeah agreed, old weapons (minus Tommy and Type 100) sound (and feel!) quite different to me - STG and FG42 seem to have loads more recoil but that may just be me getting used to BO guns.

I check out bolt crank on ps3 and it was fine :|

Yeah they just have a more blackopsy feel to them...