The Berlin Wall Outside of Kino?

play2often

I noticed what looks like the Berlin Wall in a no-clip tour of kino video, as posted in another topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4wF4QgdZTQ

At roughly 5:47-5:50, there is a large, smooth wall, with a guard tower, which resembles pictures of the Berlin Wall that i've seen. http://www.tompgalvin.com/places/de/ber ... all_02.jpg

The guard tower in the video resembles this picture of an actual one: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... 2_apel.JPG

This leads to the following conclusions:

- Kino is (obviously) set in Berlin, BUT IN WHICH HALF, EAST OR WEST?

- Most likely, Eastern, or communist, Berlin, as the thundergun has russian writing on it, and the audio for some of the film roles appears to be narrated in a russian accent. also, the alies wouldn't leave a nazi theatre with nazi flags untouched.

- Kino takes place long after the events of other zombie maps (on the loading screen, it says 1941, 1943, 1950). the Berlin Wall wasn't built until years after ww2, to combat mass emmigration, so it is most likely 1950 in which kino takes place.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nzvder33

If that is the Berlin Wall then it is definitely east because the western side was covered in anti-communist graffiti.

grrr you stole my comment!

1+ for you anyway=)

This leads to the following conclusions:

- Kino is (obviously) set in Berlin, BUT IN WHICH HALF, EAST OR WEST?

- Most likely, Eastern, or communist, Berlin, as the thundergun has russian writing on it, and the audio for some of the film roles appears to be narrated in a russian accent. also, the alies wouldn't leave a nazi theatre with nazi flags untouched.

- Kino takes place long after the events of other zombie maps (on the loading screen, it says 1941, 1943, 1950). the Berlin Wall wasn't built until years after ww2, to combat mass emmigration, so it is most likely 1950 in which kino takes place.

IF its in Berlin, the "Hippie-Van" indicates, that it must be in WEST-Germany. East-Germany didn´t have such kind of cars! For the Soviet-Communists the VW "Hippie-Van" was the THAT Symbol of Capitalysm!

Further more, i think the Hippie-Van is THAT big detail for the time in which Kino der Toten takes place!

Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Transporter

KINO MUST TAKE PLACE IN 1950!

If that is the Berlin Wall then it is definitely east because the western side was covered in anti-communist graffiti.

Nope i disagree, all the graffities came in the late 70´s and in the 80´s.

So lets try to put the facts together:

-We see a VW-Bus aka "Hippie-Van" which wasnt build before 1950.

-There are posters of movies f.e. "PYGMALION" that were released in 1938, in Germany around 1940/41!

-We also see a Wall with a Guard tower, which could possibly be the Wall of Berlin. But it was build in 1961 not earlier.

-We have NAZI-Zombies, and that 5 or even 16 Years after the end of the war?

-Everywhere are Nazi Symbols. The allies/soviets would have them destroyed at first after the war.

-We have new kind of Zombies filled with the "Nova-Gas" i call them "Gassers"

-The Theater looks extremly damaged, when activating power, parts of the ceiling crashing down

My guess:

Im sure some people will laugh about me, but maybe the WHOLE THEATRE-BUILDING HAS TRAVELLED THROUGH TIME? :geek: :shock:

HOLY SH**! How could i miss this BIG BIG detail??????

It IS the Wall of Berlin!!! 100% SURE!!! AND HERE IS THE PROOF:

See the tower in the background? Its the "Fernsehturm" of Berlin! (thats german for "television tower")

It has been constructed between 1965 and 1969 and to that time located in EAST-Germany. That Means Kino is in West-Germany.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernsehturm_Berlin

Following the W@W zombie's story timeline (approx mid-late 1940's) Construstion began on the wall in '61.

If it is indeed the berlin wall. The crew has time traveled to the '60s :o (The crew looks the same. Not aged...)

...Or it is just a random wall :cry:

P.S. The graffiti did not start until the mid '70's, when the German forces re-built the wall to make it stand higher...

Yay History :geek:

P.S.S. Bringing in play real-life attributes would not make this the berlin wall. IF it is an interpretation of the wall, then...meh.

HOLY SH**! How could i miss this BIG BIG detail??????

It IS the Wall of Berlin!!! 100% SURE!!! AND HERE IS THE PROOF:

See the tower in the background? Its the "Fernsehturm" of Berlin! (thats german for "television tower")

It has been constructed between 1965 and 1969 and to that time located in EAST-Germany. That Means Kino is in West-Germany.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernsehturm_Berlin

well i'm glad you're here, i would've NEVER noticed that.

Ok, but there is evidence to support that the wall is on each side still.

#1. The Thunder-Gun, very Russian in origin.

#2. The Volkswagen Van.

#3. The TV Tower on the OTHER side of the wall. This is our proof. Someone should find out what side the TV Tower was on, and just flip that, and that's where we are!

It says that the tower (The Fernsehturm) was built in 1965-1969. The reason I don't think we are in 1969 is because it appears the tower is incomplete (or maybe blown up? Nah, incomplete). So, we are somewhere between 1965 and

#2. The Volkswagen Van.

#3. The TV Tower on the OTHER side of the wall. This is our proof. Someone should find out what side the TV Tower was on, and just flip that, and that's where we are!

The tv tower was in EAST Germany (Soviet Sector), Kino Is WEST Germany (Allied Sector).

I read a bit about cinemas to that time here in Germany. I found a very interesting Article about "Grenzkinos" (german for "border cinemas"). Those Cinemas were very popular to that time. In 1961 the Wall of Berlin was build, so the most "Grenzkinos" were forced to close their doors forever. Im sure Kino der Toten is one of those "Grenzkinos"

Here is the arcticle about it: MUST READ!!!

http://gmac2010ecrea.wordpress.com/2010 ... renzkinos/

#2. The Volkswagen Van.

The tv tower was in EAST Germany (Soviet Sector), Kino Is WEST Germany (Allied Sector).

I read a bit about cinemas to that time here in Germany. I found a very interesting Article about "Grenzkinos" (german for "border cinemas"). Those Cinemas were very popular to that time. In 1961 the Wall of Berlin was build, so the most "Grenzkinos" were forced to close their doors forever. Im sure Kino der Toten is one of those "Grenzkinos"

Here is the arcticle about it: MUST READ!!!

http://gmac2010ecrea.wordpress.com/2010 ... renzkinos/

Okay so it's confirmed. We are in West Berlin. However, I wonder why all this Nazi memorabilia has been left untouched and abandoned.

Okay so it's confirmed. We are in West Berlin. However, I wonder why all this Nazi memorabilia has been left untouched and abandoned.

It's more likely that the theater is just in a ghost town. The war would've forced everyone to leave and they probably got better lives, so they wouldn't go back.

:facepalm:

Seriously? This is west Berlin, the Allies would have most likely taken it all down. Excuse me for wondering.

Volkswagen started production on the van (in Kino) in 1950, so Kino takes place at least in 1950...

I still think it is set in the '60s (Which would make the "Berlin Wall" theory credible) :)

Did you ignore the rest of this thread? The TV Tower was built from 65-69, so it has to be between those years somewhere.

And the best part? It all has been found already almost 2 weeks ago. Nice.

Not exactly easter egg, but some info on the timeing of the Kino.

1) Located in Western Berlin (there is a part of The Wall in front of the tower with the radio).

2) Takes place after the war (because The Wall is there).

3) Sometime closer to 1965. (The Fernsehturm (German for "television tower") is a television tower in the city centre of Berlin, Germany. Close to Alexanderplatz and part of the World Federation of Great Towers (WFGT), the tower was constructed between 1965 and 1969 by the former German Democratic Republic (GDR) administration who intended it as a symbol of Berlin, which it remains today,[1] as it is easily visible throughout the central and some suburban districts of Berlin. With its height of 368 meters, it is the tallest structure in Germany.).