Your views on leak footage. Good or bad?

Graffiti Skys

Day 1 Results:

Highest Vote: People want to talk about leaked footage but only if it has a warning.

Average Vote: People would like to talk about leaked footage regardless or with warnings.

Second least Votes: People don't want to hear or see anything related to leaked footage.

Least Votes: People really just don't care... haha. Fair enough?

Hey guys, I've been browsing the topics constantly on and off recently.

During the last week leaked footage has been spewing from every direction. I've also

seen two factions of some sort. Those who are against any conversations about leaked footage. Then

there are those who want to talk about the new things seen in the leaked footage.

This has spurred a huge constant arguement people getting blamed left, right and center.

But I was wondering by doing a poll what the majority of users actually thought.

As I don't think that people are to sure about whether its a good idea or not.

(This will not change topic rules if one vote is chosen over another, this is purely

out of interest.)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate leaked footage. it already spoiled the end of the game for my friend. and now that i know that one new Zombie map (starts with a P) i wont be as excited as i would've been if i didn't see it :cry:. though i don't really care about multi player leaks.

Hmm... see I think it should be that your allowed to post any sort of leaked footage.

Or none at all, because it still counts as a spoil for those who don't want to know. Whether its to do

with Zombies, Multiplayer or Campaign.

Already posted, please use the search bar next time.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2500&p=38649&hilit=how+do+you+feel+about+leaked+info#p38649

Thanks for the post, I did use the search bar but couldn't find it.. So please don't be so high on you

horse before you find out whether I knew about it.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk just trying to help out.

Sorry, just it came accross to me as if you was higher up than me and liked to show it.

Didn't mean to offend you, I tend to take things in a bad way most of the time.

I hate leaked footage because it's so damn tempting to look at, especially in all their HD quality on YouTube. There are certain parts that I am making sure to avoid, but nonetheless it's a real hassle, especially when there's nothing else to do at the moment.

Leaked gameplay footage can be controlled, but there seems to be no stopping it. But I tend to look at the issue from a radical angle, believing that if people prematurely upload footage of their new game (however they got a copy of this game before its official release date it still beyond me) over and over and over, in later years we're all going to end up regretting it. I think this should be a hard lesson, that games like COD:BO shouldn't be made available before the official release date; obviously there are some outlets here and there in the market that enable some customers to purchase the game sooner than others, including Hardened & Prestige Editions which were most likely (or obviously) placed on reserve long in advance.

As for uploading gameplay footage to the Internet, I think it's a case of impulsiveness for the most part. If someone has the right equipment, even if it's just a video-camera to hook up to a computer (and not something like a capture-card), and that person has an early copy of the game, it seems natural that this person is going to upload the footage. Why? Because he can, and that's pretty much the bottom line. It is true that some people do this for bragging rights.....but I think for the most part it's impulsiveness. I'm sure that if you tried to inquire as to why the person would upload the footage at that point in time, you'll likely just receive a half-assed response.

I didn't mean to turn this into a chemistry or psychological debate, but it's just my perspective.

heres my take on leaks

ok so ur watching a mw2 vid,noscopin or somethin,so u go and try it...this wat ill do ill just have to wait 6 days to try...

lol im in your sig! XD

as for the comment on the top... wtf r u smoking man. ur gonna copy noscoping in 6 days??? im srry man but try, and i mean try to re-read ur post before you submit. it kinda throws me off target when im reading the comments and yours just f*** it up.

as for my take on the leaked footage, i dont give a shat. just 3 days left.

Some people would say that it is nice to see leaked gameplay, but keep in mind, you are watching illegal footage of an unreleased game not given the "go ahead" to be seen by Treyarch or Activision.

Yes, it is nice to see gameplay to "hype" you up before a big game release, but the fact of the matter is thats it is not allowed, period. Sites that do not follow regulations would probably be shut down/given a warning.

Even though "spoiler tags" are put in some footage threads on various forums, it still does not mean it is acceptable to show the footage, even if the person has been warned of spoilers.

CODHQ has deemed leaks unacceptable. Since that is the official site for everything Black Ops, we must all respect Treyarch's wishes, if you like it or not. :)

If you have seen "leaks", please, keep it to yourself.

I'm done.

I only watch leaks if there's something i'm worried about in the game. Like if guns are overpowered or things like that. I haven't watched any Zombies footage but did see the first single player level just to see how the campaign will be as a whole, and from the looks of it it's pretty good. I only watched it to check if everything was alirght in the game, like try before you buy kinda thing.

On the other hand i have emailed Treyarch the names of about 6 Youtube channels that have been uploading leaked footage of zombies and i would urge others to do the same.

Sam

The more i look into this the more i see faults in black ops.

The zombies just look lazy.

The DLC been realesed late on ps3 (if this is not true plz correct me)

The Glitch apple (sarcasm)

Useing presidents in the zombie mode as charecter wont be fun have 4 randomers added mystery to the game but this seems to ruin know alot about them.

i do think the leaked footage isnt real because if you look at the thing on GKNOVA6 they look alot better, i just hope it isnt real or i am gunna be really disapointed its lazy and boring

end of rant :P

i do think the leaked footage isnt real because if you look at the thing on GKNOVA6 they look alot better, i just hope it isnt real or i am gunna be really disapointed its lazy and boring

How would you POSSIBLY fake those videos?

you can make custom maps with the right software

With the same graphics and guns as official footage we've seen and with professional voice-overs? How would someone fake Tank and Richtofen's voices? How would they implement the craawlers we saw on GKNova?

EDIT: Also consider the fact that multiple people are playing these maps.

I think it would be ok to post leaked footage as long as there is it's own section for it on the forums...Like how WAW, MW2, GKNOVA6, and the Lounge have all their own sections, Leaked footage could have it's own section too...also, they leaked footage posts wouldn't be viewable on the new forum posts on the front page so all would be good and no one who wouldn't want to see leaked footage will actually see leaked footage by accidentally clicking on a topic containing leaked footage