Black Ops in 3D Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

carbonfibah

Here is the FAQ for Black Ops in 3D. Taken from http://www.callofduty.com/3D

1. WHICH PLATFORMS SUPPORT CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS IN 3D?

Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC only.

2. DO I NEED TO BUY A SPECIAL VERSION OF THE GAME IN ORDER TO PLAY IN 3D?

No. The Xbox 360, PS3, and PC versions of Call of Duty: Black Ops are capable of displaying the game in active-shutter stereoscopic 3D.

3. HOW DO I TURN ON 3D?

For consoles, toggling between traditional and 3D is performed through the Options Screen accessed directly from the Main Menu. On PCs where Nvidia 3D Vision™ is detected, 3D display is automatic, but users have the option of disabling 3D.

4. DO I NEED A SPECIAL TELEVISION OR COMPUTER MONITOR TO PLAY THE GAME IN 3D?

Yes. Call of Duty: Black Ops can output 3D signals for televisions that implement an active-shutter stereoscopic 3D technology. Xbox 360 users need a television that supports a “side by side” 3D mode. PlayStation 3 users need a television that supports a “top-bottom” or “over-under” 3D mode. PC users need a monitor that supports Nvidia 3D Vision 3D technology.

NOTE: Call of Duty: Black Ops is not compatible with other 3D technologies and/or modes such as anaglyph, polarized, ChromaDepth, or ColorCode 3D technologies. Active shutter televisions that support only a “checkerboard” 3D mode are also not compatible.

5. FOR PC USERS, WHERE CAN I FIND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT NVIDIA® 3D VISION™?

The Nvidia website is a good resource for information about compatible monitors, graphics cards, and other information. You can find it here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-main.html.

6. WHAT TYPE OF 3D GLASSES DO I NEED TO PLAY THE GAME IN 3D?

To play Call of Duty: Black Ops in 3D, you need active shutter 3D glasses that are designed to work with the 3D-capable television or computer monitor being used. Please check with your hardware manufacturer and/or retailer to determine the correct set of glasses to match your television or monitor. This is also the reason why 3D glasses are not being bundled with any version of the game.

7. DOES MY XBOX 360 HAVE TO BE EQUIPPED WITH AN HDMI OUTPUT IN ORDER TO PLAY IN 3D?

Yes. Displaying the game in 3D is only supported via HDMI (this is a requirement of your television). Note, for 3D functionality on the Xbox 360, you must set your console to operate in the 720p mode.

8. WHY ARE MY XBOX 360 DASHBOARD SCREENS NOT WORKING IN 3D?

At this time, Microsoft has not implemented 3D in its dashboard. If you have your television in 3D mode you won’t be able to view your dashboard screens. Simply switch off 3D mode on your television to properly view the Xbox 360 dashboard.

9. WHAT COMPATIBLE 3D-ENABLED TELEVISIONS ARE CURRENTLY ON THE MARKET?

We are unable to provide an exhaustive list of all active-shutter 3D-enabled television hardware. We have successfully tested the game with recent models from Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, and LG. Please confirm with your television manufacturer and/or retailer whether your television is compatible with the active shutter 3D technology available on the Microsoft Xbox 360 or Sony PlayStation 3 consoles.

DISCLAIMER: 3D compatibility with any particular television, monitor, or glasses is not guaranteed. While we have made every effort to implement 3D in a way that will work with the newest generation of active shutter 3D televisions, due to the changing nature of 3D technology and differing hardware implementations, we can’t provide a guarantee of compatibility.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if this 3D concept is going to be big maybe in the future every tv will have 3D and i will certanly test black ops with a 3D tv if i get to try.

Also i remember that for ps2 there was a game called sly3 and some missions had 3D and you had to put on 3D glasses to see it, will it be this kind of 3D or is it more advanced?

I wonder if this 3D concept is going to be big maybe in the future every tv will have 3D and i will certanly test black ops with a 3D tv if i get to try.

Also i remember that for ps2 there was a game called sly3 and some missions had 3D and you had to put on 3D glasses to see it, will it be this kind of 3D or is it more advanced?

Alot more advance. I think the game you are talking about is Sly Cooper. It uses the Red/Cyan anaglyph 3D that were really big in the 60's-90's (i think, im not nearly old enough to give accurate feedback on that lol). They had one red lens the right and a cyan (light blue) colour on the left. It didnt require any special sort of TV's to play it.

This 3D technology requires special TV's which cost like over £1000 (uk), im not sure as to how much in the US. But they use special "active shutter glasses". The video on the screen is shown at 120fps (frames per second) but the right eye and the left eye images flash after each other. The glasses "active shutter" technology flashes at 60 fps which filters which image goes into which eye to give it the 3D effect.

[brains]

Alot more advance. I think the game you are talking about is Sly Cooper. It uses the Red/Cyan anaglyph 3D that were really big in the 60's-90's (i think, im not nearly old enough to give accurate feedback on that lol). They had one red lens the right and a cyan (light blue) colour on the left. It didnt require any special sort of TV's to play it.

This 3D technology requires special TV's which cost like over £1000 (uk), im not sure as to how much in the US. But they use special "active shutter glasses". The video on the screen is shown at 120fps (frames per second) but the right eye and the left eye images flash after each other. The glasses "active shutter" technology flashes at 60 fps which filters which image goes into which eye to give it the 3D effect.

[brains]

3D TVS never really cought on in japan and america, becasue of the price: atleast £2000! :o

i would have got it but if it were cheaper, meaning £598

hmmmmm......... i have a feeling that if Activison made treyarch spend some time on it, the PS3 would have a better looking 3d. i don't want to start a console war here, but the PS3 is technically programmed for 3d (with the firmware update) and the Xbox isn't. im skeptical about how well it will run or look... it could be great, but it could be somelastminute thing they decided to do.