Silenced Sniper Rifles

If they add Silencers for Sniper Rifles what do you think they should do. In MW2 it was a concept I was really looking forward to but failed. Its added recoil took away damage(witch got rid of OSK almost completely) and it didn't give you anything because it made a unique high pitched sound that people can still realize is a Sniper Rifle. So what do you think they should do in Black Ops. Personally I think it should add recoil but not take away any damage. And instead of a unique high pitched bullet noise it should have a sound similar to the AR's and SMG's. What advantage should it have for your'e snippy riffle?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They dont add recoil. And why does it matter if you can identify the type of gun you have? I can easily identify what type of gun is being shot with a silencer, including AR's and SMG's.

Anyways, I bet these classes will change your perspective on silenced snipers

WA2000 w/ Silencer

SoH

Stopping power

Ninja or Steady Aim.

Its a one shot kill to the head Neck and chest. The WA2000 has the same one shot kill zone as the 50 cal and Intervention when used with stopping power and a silencer. Yet its more useful because of the low recoil. When using this you should use it like you would normally use a 50 cal, dont spray like you would think you would need to. Just aim for the upper chest.

And,

M21 w/ Silencer

SoH

Cold blooded.

Ninja, or Steady aim

Its never a one shot. It always will take 2 shots to kill (Unless if shooting through cover or shooting a person with painkiller. Since it has such low recoil you can just automatically take 2 or 3 shots to guarantee a kill. Scavenger can also be used.

As realistic as it seems to have the ability to silence snipers, I don't think it belongs in a Call Of Duty game. I think the silenced snipers in MW2 were absolutely garbage. You had to get a headshot for a 1 hit kill. If you didn't have SP, you might as well be throwing sticks at people. It just generally didn't fit well with the game. For instance, the .50cal is usually a one hit kill above the waste. With a silencer it's only 1 hit kill to the upper chest or head. You aren't going to take off that much damage with a silencer on a .50 caliber sniper.

I think silencers on snipers are not a good idea.

Sorry BBS but im strictly an Intervention only sniper. And yes it does add recoil. After shooting there is a much bigger kickback. And the point of a silencer is to hide the gun your'e using. Id rather have people rush at me thinking I have a ump or something so I can easily pick them of.

If anything silencers reduce recoil. In Quickscoping 1v1's i find that silencers are really useful on the intervention if health is set to half or minuscule and UAV is off. Yeah they are pretty terrible in normal game modes, but i they are useful on the M21 and WA2000. And i don't get your logic about the whole noise they make thing.

Sorry BBS but im strictly an Intervention only sniper. And yes it does add recoil. After shooting there is a much bigger kickback. And the point of a silencer is to hide the gun your'e using. Id rather have people rush at me thinking I have a ump or something so I can easily pick them of.

If anything silencers reduce recoil. In Quickscoping 1v1's i find that silencers are really useful on the intervention if health is set to half or minuscule and UAV is off. Yeah they are pretty terrible in normal game modes, but i they are useful on the M21 and WA2000. And i don't get your logic about the whole noise they make thing.

And I don't understand your'e logic. You are saying that a silencer helps you kill people with half health who would die by 1 pistol shot? It adds recoil like it does to other snipers. And using the M21 or WA2000 is barely sniping. Considering you put an acog and they become stronger FAL's. The sound they make is really unique. Whats the point of putting on a silencer when the sound it makes is really easy to tell apart from any other gun.

How could a silencer possibly effect the recoil? It doesn't effect the shooting mechanism at all. It effects the bullet after its been shot and should be out of the barrel. Aside from that I think silenced snipers are realistic. Silencers take off a lot of range and power. And they still have the definitive sniper sound just quieter. The entire point of a silencer is so that they cant find you on the radar, but they can still hear you.

How could a silencer possibly effect the recoil? It doesn't effect the shooting mechanism at all. It effects the bullet after its been shot and should be out of the barrel. Aside from that I think silenced snipers are realistic. Silencers take off a lot of range and power. And they still have the definitive sniper sound just quieter. The entire point of a silencer is so that they cant find you on the radar, but they can still hear you.

By weighing down the front end of the gun, which would reduce recoil.

Well, that's what my Physics GCSE told me :P

And I don't understand your'e logic. You are saying that a silencer helps you kill people with half health who would die by 1 pistol shot? It adds recoil like it does to other snipers. And using the M21 or WA2000 is barely sniping. Considering you put an acog and they become stronger FAL's. The sound they make is really unique. Whats the point of putting on a silencer when the sound it makes is really easy to tell apart from any other gun.

Im saying in private matches where health is set to minuscule, but never mind that. You do realize when you shoot a gun with a silencer you dont show up on the mini map? Right?

Im saying in private matches where health is set to minuscule, but never mind that. You do realize when you shoot a gun with a silencer you dont show up on the mini map? Right?

That depends ;) 3 guns are glitched so their silencers do not work, it's the M9, the M240 and the other LMG that begins with an M.

That depends ;) 3 guns are glitched so their silencers do not work, it's the M9, the M240 and the other LMG that begins with an M.

I think its the M240? No. And who cares. If your'e a true sniper your'e well out of reach of their radar.

I think its the M240? No. And who cares. If your'e a true sniper your'e well out of reach of their radar.

I said the M240, there is another one.

And I agree, true snipers wait and then snipe properly, not run around jumping in circles.

I just like using Silencers on HC, as it's still a one hit kill.